Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

FORT Fan

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by domvan View Post
    I really hope that Brad isn't fighting an up hill battle trying to make a life with his F1 and explain the editing of the show. Poor guy, really. I think he's doomed no matter what happens, between his own short comings (and we all have them) and the editing of this show I would imagine last night and today have been pretty rough for Brad and his chosen one. I just hope they can stick together and make it through this whoever his F1 is. Have we had any word other than his blog -- has he made any radio or morning show visits today?

Local station in Austin. Talks Bachelor and talks about 9th anniversary of one of the bars.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bloop View Post
    That makes sense, she does have a small child she has to look after. A part time job to get her out of the house regularly and have human interaction seems like the perfect position for her.

Considering Ricky was her fiance, you can assume his death benefits went to her, plus whatever piece of the business he owned. If not to Emily, then to her daughter with Emily as the executor. It's enough to have at least bought her the house.

She's definitely put together too well for an average single mom raising her kid on her own, but there's nothing wrong with that. There are 50 million women like her out there. I think her being the "least independent and self-sufficient" is probably right. A woman with a child is the furthest thing from independent and it would have been hard for a 19 year old girl with a child to be self-sufficient or have developed the tools to be self-sufficient the past 4 years since life is 24/7/365 the baby.
    I meant independent in the sense of providing for your own needs (and in her case, her child's). Nothing wrong with getting some help from the child's grandparents if they can afford it, but most of those 50 million young single mothers out there ARE going it alone, working, and making do with whatever they earn on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    Well apparently its because Brad wants someone in his life that he can show off, and I guess Chantal wouldn't be that person.

Brad and Chad are twins, I don't see anything wrong with them both having the same taste in women.

Guys help me out here, some guys like blondes, some like brunettes some like redheads. The twins both like the blonde look?

Regarding the final bold, you tell them you have to learn to know when its time to get up off your chair, away from your computer, and go do something meaningful with your life.

True.. My friend that tweeted me is a stay at home mom. *waves* She LOVES Emily.. even more than I do . Loves Ricki and really wants to see her happy. When I told her the new spoiler she was thrilled. She has time on her hands late in the day so she's starting to get on line more. I hoped she would like it here. It can be fun in here. Maybe she will come for DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I meant independent in the sense of providing for your own needs (and in her case, her child's). Nothing wrong with getting some help from the child's grandparents if they can afford it, but most of those 50 million young single mothers out there ARE going it alone, working, and making do with whatever they earn on their own.
    I'm a single mother that gets help from NO ONE and I'm over 10 years older than Emily and do not have a house any where near as luxurious. Kids are EXPENSIVE...Emily is NOT paying for their life/house/needs/wants, someone else is.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    Actually... (it's sick that I know this) But alot of Emily's clothes are from Forever 21 and her bathing suits are from Target. The white enamel ring that she used to wear with her engagement ring is like $25 online. She has 3 expensive things ... Her engagement ring from Ricky, her Cartier love bracelet (probably also from Ricky) and those amazing Louboutin stilettos. I know I know I am a fashion stalker
    I think Emily does a great job of pairing inexpensive/expensive items top to bottom -- and yes, those "Straratata" Christian Louboutin are stunning! I also spotted her pair of Louboutin brown/metallic "Delic" as well at the HTD RC (I am kinda of shoe freak!)

She's a smart and fashionable shopper! And although expensive, things never look cheap one her. She wore that black sequin skirt lat night which was under $20 bucks but it looked like it cost thousands!
    Last edited by nookmadazy; 03-01-2011 at 01:24 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2 View Post
    If brad does want a woman to be his stay at home wife and mother and emily wants that too why is that bad? I think while some of us women were out burning our bras we forget some women might like to wear one.

I guess all I am trying to say is that there are definitely women out here in the world that WANT the PRIVILEDGE of staying home and working as a mom and a wife (because, let's be real...stay at home moms and wifes ARE working..just not collecting a paycheck).
    It's not due to lack of ambition, it's because I believe my son deserves it! (and if I were married, my husband would deserve it as well)
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-01-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKA083 View Post
    I think ABC wanted RS to be burnt toast. Giving RS incorrect information and proving him wrong was most important to ABC. What the viewers want and feel are not a concern of ABC. JMHO!
    IA that TPTB wanted to take RS's credibility away from him but I don't think they did it at the expense of the show. LOTS of unspoiled viewers have felt it was Emily from the beginning. (This time, they got lucky and the fan favorite happens to be F1!) Some of us here were also convinced it was Emily. The story was always there but people had to disregard what RS had said in order to truly believe it was there.

The fact that stayathomemom popped in last night to throw pie in RS's face, so to speak, speaks volumes. It confirms what I speculated on the 17th about the misinformation campaign.

Fair warning - I fully expect things to be different next season. Throw all F1/F2 positions, date orders, rose orders, and all that out the window b/c I believe they're changing things up. And they began it this season...b/c I don't believe there was any question that as of Nascar, Emily would be F1, regardless of the fact that where she stood didn't support that. We need to be very mindful of this from now on.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I think people also have to keep in mind that since Chantal was spoiled as F1 early on, she has been the target/recipient of pot shots and snide remarks from many, while Emily has been for the most part untouched. This is typically what happens when someone is thought of as the front runner, they become fair game. Perhaps if it had been spoiled that Emily was F1 from the get go, nobody would have felt it necessary to take "the loser" down a peg, and there would have been more snarking focused on the "perfect" winner, Emily, instead. I think this is just largely how human nature works, it's not pretty or noble, but it's human.
    thanks ironcat. I agree with this.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by one71721 View Post
    I'm a single mother that gets help from NO ONE and I'm over 10 years older than Emily and do not have a house any where near as luxurious. Kids are EXPENSIVE...Emily is NOT paying for their life/house/needs/wants, someone else is.
    You are more the norm, one. More power to you! A good friend of mine is in the same boat, and I see her struggles and the way she has to live, working as many hours a week as she can as a hair stylist in a small salon to keep a roof over all their heads (3 kids) and food in their tummies. As difficult as it is for anyone to be a single mom, at least Emily fell into a pot of jam with the Hendricks family. I wonder if after Ricki was no longer a baby, she went back to school to get a career going, or had any plans to, or did she just assume she'd be taken care of by someone forever. Sorry if I sound harsh. I don't mean to be. I just don't think Emily's situation can be compared to most single moms, and I wonder if it contributed at all to Brad's attraction to her as a wife instead of those women who have careers and ambitions in addition to being a wife and mother.

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post

As a Chantal fan first and foremost, the Anguilla episode just made me want her nowhere near him. Those thoughts/doubts/concerns haven't change. In fact, I have more of them now.

I hope Brad is very happy with who he chooses, but that doesn't mean I can't have concerns or doubts about him as a person or their relationship.
    I have always wanted the best for the final 4...they are all fantastic women in their own way. It's Brad that I have issues with...mainly he's 38 and still single and his choice of a wife is someone approx. 25... Even though I DON'T HATE or DISLIKE HIM..I do not think he is ready to be married or an instant father.