Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

FORT Fan

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post
    Sorry, I thought Ashley came across as a moron last night. What rock has she been living under for the past 3 years? Did she never hear of Brad Womack, self made man with numerous successful bars in AUSTIN. She should have left the first night if this is how she really felt. Not dragged it out to the end... let him think that she would move to Austin and on top of it all she practically begged him to reassure her at every waking moment of how he was feeling about her. She duped him big time which is not cool in my book. UGH!
    ITA--she acted (and looked) like a young girl who hadn't made it past the "duuuuh" stage. Brad wasn't asking her to be his barefoot and pregnant housewife; he was just asking her if she could/would move to Austin. She seemed under the impression that, if he'd just pick her, everything would just work itself out. She's been shutting down on him for the last 3 shows. I'm totally surprised he kept her this long. I'm also surprised she didn't just leave if that's the way she's been feeling.

I imagine she's a great girl who just needs to grow up a little. In a few years she will probably be a successful dentist and ready to meet her man. IMO, she needs to get herself back to school. Hopefully she's there this semester. Has there been any word as to what she's doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    Well, what was he thinking. "Uhh, this conversation SUCKS. Maybe we could make out on camera for awhile so the producers don't kick my butt tomorrow morning." Good for her for not making phony conversations or phony pictures. She was done, over and out, bye bye Brad, and I'm glad it showed, and he could suffer a few moments of bruised pride. No, Brad. She is not begging you to marry her, club her over the head, and drag her back to your Man Cave in Austin. Shocking but cool.
    You know, you give him more credit that I do.
    I was attributing their non-exchange to Brad's lack of depth.

Maybe its just a bruised ego. I just can't take him seriously, i'm sorry.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    did you get the sense that she was surprised by being let go - I thought after the video message she was almost giving him permission to let her go - or she was planning on bolting.
    When he told her he had to say goodbye she got up and said something along the lines of being surprised & that she didn't see it coming.

Don't remember? Sorry i can't rewatch and quote correctly, i'm at work
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

FORT Fogey

I thought Ashley did a pretty good job seeing as that she was TOTALLY confused! "What's wrong, do I get a hug?" was the finish that punctuated the mess of her good bye.

Not too hard to say, I have fallen in love with someone else. Why drag her through a conversation leading her to believe it was all her fault and would have been in the final 2 had she only done, god knows what.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I might be wrong, but my understanding was that she has some kind of loosely defined part-time job in the children's wing of the local hospital, said wing and said job being the gift of the Hendricks family. Of the F3, she's the one who is least independent and self-sufficient. Just saying ....
    That makes sense, she does have a small child she has to look after. A part time job to get her out of the house regularly and have human interaction seems like the perfect position for her.

Considering Ricky was her fiance, you can assume his death benefits went to her, plus whatever piece of the business he owned. If not to Emily, then to her daughter with Emily as the executor. It's enough to have at least bought her the house.

She's definitely put together too well for an average single mom raising her kid on her own, but there's nothing wrong with that. There are 50 million women like her out there. I think her being the "least independent and self-sufficient" is probably right. A woman with a child is the furthest thing from independent and it would have been hard for a 19 year old girl with a child to be self-sufficient or have developed the tools to be self-sufficient the past 4 years since life is 24/7/365 the baby.

ITA--she acted (and looked) like a young girl who hadn't made it past the "duuuuh" stage. Brad wasn't asking her to be his barefoot and pregnant housewife; he was just asking her if she could/would move to Austin. She seemed under the impression that if he'd just pick her everything would just work itself out. She's been shutting down on him for the last 3 shows. I'm totally surprised he kept her this long. I'm also surprised she didn't just leave if that's the way she's been feeling.
    It seems until their time at gorge that the thought had literally not occurred to her. She had been so preoccupied with winning that the thought of having the prize hadn't crossed her mind. You could almost see the thought dawn on her when Brad asked her about moving and her career.

Frankly, I thought Brad handled it very badly. It looked like once Ashley wasn't going to commit to Austin he knew he wasn't going to pick her. After that it was about her "selling" her commitment to him, which she was unwilling to do.

Brad's concerns were actually very intelligent. After her year of school, Ashley needs to do her medical training, and it's not like she gets to choose exactly where she goes. For doctors, the hours and divorce rates are astronomical while in school and residency, even legitimate relationships often don't last. If Brad is serious he had to get some kind of commitment from Ashley. He just didn't need to drag it out on the poor girl who is as yet too immature to understand what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY View Post
    When he told her he had to say goodbye she got up and said something along the lines of being surprised & that she didn't see it coming.

yeah - I got that part, but frankly I think she saw it coming and that was just a soundbite.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fan

Watch out for blind dentist in 2013 or so!

FORT Fan

I really hope that Brad isn't fighting an up hill battle trying to make a life with his F1 and explain the editing of the show. Poor guy, really. I think he's doomed no matter what happens, between his own short comings (and we all have them) and the editing of this show I would imagine last night and today have been pretty rough for Brad and his chosen one. I just hope they can stick together and make it through this whoever his F1 is. Have we had any word other than his blog -- has he made any radio or morning show visits today?

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    yeah - I got that part, but frankly I think she saw it coming and that was just a soundbite.
    Well she did a good job of playing dumb!
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Well she did a good job of playing dumb!
    she was lifeless in her video message - lifeless as she stood at the RC - looked less than interested that he wanted to talk to her - her body language was screaming that she wanted out......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono