Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Of course not. Not long term. With Chantal it would be a fun fling until it burned out and nobody gets seriously hurt. That's not the case with Emily because it involves a 5 year old child.

The most disturbing piece of RS's column today to me was that Emily's house is on the market for rent. It's just irresponsible of her to consider moving so soon. Roberto could do it because he was only making decisions for himself. Emily is making decisions for two.

This is where all the edited crapola dissolves and the real lives of these people comes into play. It's not a Disney Fairy Tale. With this show's track record, I'm really disappointed in Emily.
    I have to ask why? He didn't say she was moving tomorrow. You put a house like that in the rental market , it takes a couple of months to get everything ready. The date the house is available to move in may not be for several more months.

At least she's not selling the damn thing. I think renting it is the very best option. this gives her time to start looking for her own place in Austin , start looking at schools for Ricki. get used to things there..

Quote Originally Posted by one71721 View Post
    I totally agree with you Alexxxx. This season I really didn't have a favorite. I just focused on the spoiled F1 and Brad.

I love Emily dearly and think she is precious but WTH does she want with this OLD GEEZER... she is a beautiful, young, vivacious woman in her prime with a small child. Brad is a washed up guy knocking on the door of middle age WTH is she thinking.. I don't see this lasting AT ALL.

For the record I didn't like Brad for any of these girls. He's too old for them.
    frankly hadn't really considered the depth of the impact on their real lives and i'll have to agree with this post and the one about emily moving... :-/ i am around emily's age and it's really hard to imagine myself uprooting for a guy - brad being 38 is also kinda strange (especially if i had a little child and a support system around me for her and myself) without the relationship kicking off properly (most TB couples even molly say that its AFTER the show the real relationship and falling in love starts)
    Last edited by emusha; 02-28-2011 at 04:13 PM.
    Team Alibeartito

FORT Fan

I know from working with them that kids are incredibly resilient. And developmentally, Ricki is not at a cognitive level where she'd be able to fully comprehend any of this, even if Emily and Brad had been dating seriously for years. Barring having to witness an unhealthy relationship between Brad and Emily (Brad being verbally or physically abusive, etc.), Ricki-Tick is gonna be just fine. If it doesn't work out, will it be tough to lose that male figure she has had? Sure. But that's a risk that is present when Emily dates anyone. I think it's actually laudable that she is throwing everything into it. Throw your back into it- if it doesn't work out- get out quickly. I could be really wrong- and I'm sure we'll find out during the interview circuit- but I highly doubt that Em & Ricki will move in with Brad until Brad & Emily are married. I know it's been an edited version of Emily, but she seems to be very focused on appearances and concerned with impropriety (both a character flaw & positive attribute- and VERY common in southern women in my experience).

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover View Post
    twice or ten times... I don't think that is the issue. But, She could have walked away if she wanted.
    You are right she could have walked away.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cakewalker View Post
    I don't know, given how they interact with each other, I think they might be able to last.

I mean I can just picture a typical morning....
    Emily cooking breakfast
    Brad comes in: "Good God, Em, that smells amazing."
    Emily: "Oh your so sweet!"
    Brad: "After breakfast, I have a little treat. I'm taking you and little Ricki on a picinic!"
    Emily: "Shut up!"
    and just because no conversation is complete without it,
    Brad: "I always wanted to do this so badly."

THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR THAT SERIOUSLY AWESOME DIALOGUE.
    That just explains so well why so many of us wanted the story to be BRANTAL... Emily + Brad is a snoozefest!

Say what you will, but I was never sure about the North/South thing.
    Chantal, from Seattle, was going to be Very Southern Brad's Bride?? Hmmm... always gave me pause.
    Just like when we heard Jason picked Melissa, I said "Seattle Jason is going to make it work with a Texan like her?" Couldn't buy it.
    So, in that respect, I can live with this outcome.

Besides, all along I wanted CHANTAL FOR THE BACHELORETTE! The camera loves her, she just sparkles, she like to tease and joke, and she would, obviously, be sincerely looking for love.
    I am not buying that Ashley is ready to get married. Not at all.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-28-2011 at 08:47 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by one71721 View Post
    I totally agree with you Alexxxx. This season I really didn't have a favorite. I just focused on the spoiled F1 and Brad.

I love Emily dearly and think she is precious but WTH does she want with this OLD GEEZER... she is a beautiful, young, vivacious woman in her prime with a small child. Brad is a washed up guy knocking on the door of middle age WTH is she thinking.. I don't see this lasting AT ALL.

For the record I didn't like Brad for any of these girls. He's too old for them.
    Yeah, I hear ya. I've always liked Brad, but I agree all the women this season were too young for him. The reason I liked him with Chantal was the way he was with her -- he seemed younger, lighter, like he had a new lease on life. So I was able to see them as a real life couple. But with everybody else, the age difference really is glaring. Early in the season I called Brad and Emily Uncle Creeper and Babysnooks. My opinon hasn't changed.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u View Post
    That goes to her ILY moment, which was plain odd to me. Michelle had just admitted to all the girls (except Emily...I think she was with Brad) that she had went over to Brad's place the night before and lo and behold, the next thing we see is Chantal running to Brad telling him she loves him, at a RC no less. I think she felt threatened by Michelle and wanted to get in her 2 cents first. If she was serious, she should have waited to tell him when they had more time than 10 minutes at a RC.jmo I think he was shocked, I certainly was. I think that was a first!
    I too was taken aback by the quickness of her ILY.... but IIRC she went on to explain that she wanted him to hear it from her when she already had a rose so that he wouldn't think she was saying it to sway his RC decision-making?

I for one am soooo hoping that she's bubbly and "over him" at the ATFR.... I cannot bear a female version of Reid.... :-(

twice or ten times... I don't think that is the issue. But, She could have walked away if she wanted.
    Yeah, she could have but he was giving her signals that he was TOTALLY into her...

If Brad was a changed man and RESPECTED women, he would have honored Chantal's wishes not to be lead on and sent her home especially after she admitted to falling in LOVE with him. For me him taking her to F2, F3, or F4, after that admission and then asking to be let go if he's feeling aren't the same, is worse them him choosing NO ONE.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by draven31 View Post
    I have to ask why? He didn't say she was moving tomorrow. You put a house like that in the rental market , it takes a couple of months to get everything ready. The date the house is available to move in may not be for several more months.

At least she's not selling the damn thing. I think renting it is the very best option. this gives her time to start looking for her own place in Austin , start looking at schools for Ricki. get used to things there..
    Respectfully, even a couple of months is too soon. Much too soon.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

of course she could have walked but I think she felt like he cared more then he obviously did. But, I have go back to babycface post about that SI episode....he commented that Brad was tired but he said he was "pacify" a upset/crying girl....that was a hint that Brad didn't pick her to me...because if he really cared for Chantal he would have shown it more and babyCface would have not stated "pacify"....I think Brad was pacifying Chantal the whole process...that is in my opinion what he is good at, remember his last season...