Thread: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

  1. #1091
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,780

    Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

    Quote Originally Posted by lithargic View Post
    I think that is a very naive statement. The drama happens because TPTB do everything in their power to make it happen. That is true in every "reality" show, not just TB.

    All you have to do is listen to the interviews with former "cast members" (that is what they are called) to know that they are manipulated from the moment they arrive.

    We all want to see a "real" love story unfold but it often does not- just like in real life. So TPTB have to "juice" things up to make it more interesting.

    Nothing wrong with all that. It's just a TV show!

    Just because Babyface is a friend of Brad that does not make him the all knowing expert on TB.
    Babyface has learned a lot from his two seasons with Brad, but what you say is absolutely true from what I have read in following this show beginning with Trista's season as the first Bachelorette. (I did see the first two in retrospect on cable a couple of summers ago.)
    I wasn't on this board at that time, but I was on a couple of others, including the now defunct Chris Harrison's message board. It is amazing <gulp> what actually happens behind the scenes sometimes for the story to happen the way it does. ( Just ask Frank.)
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  2. #1092
    FORT Fanatic krrj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    671

    Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter View Post
    Something I notice could be nothing but why does BFC, feel the need to defend Chantal, also he called her C, (kind of personal) and not Chantal.
    My guess, is that he is a good guy and doesn't like to see people get beaten down....which for Chantal seems to happen on a daily basis around here...I understand that this is a place where people can post whatever they want about cast members...but this season has been ugly, very disappointing

  3. #1093
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,371

    Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

    Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    This post dated 2/16 was in direct reference to the Lithargic "spoiler" by BabyfaceC. Found in the "Here's What I Was Told" thread.

    "This show doesn't need this elaborate scheme for drama that Lithargic claims he was told about. Every season the "drama" happens on it's own. Why would the show break it's own back to create something that it didn't need to? Do your own "sleuthing" like the FORTERS used to do. Ask your own questions and come up with your own conclusions. What would you think about this season if RS and Lithargic hadn't "spoiled" it?"
    And he posted this one on January 11 - in the F1, F2, F3, F4 thread


    Y'all are trying way too hard to come up with these crazy, overt, schemes of pre-planning, manipulation and exploitation. Maybe C's dad just wanted to advertise durring a show his daughter is in? This love story is right in front of you and these different conspiracy theories are a waste of your energy. I promise. Love is in the air. Period. No crazy back-stories this time
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  4. #1094
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    719

    Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

    Quote Originally Posted by krrj View Post
    My guess, is that he is a good guy and doesn't like to see people get beaten down....which for Chantal seems to happen on a daily basis around here...I understand that this is a place where people can post whatever they want about cast members...but this season has been ugly, very disappointing

    What about Michelle, BFC, did not defend her?

  5. #1095
    FORT Fogey reality-luv31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    940

    Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter View Post
    What about Michelle, BFC, did not defend her?
    No, but Brad sure has been.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

  6. #1096
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    287

    Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

    Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    Does Emily Maynard Get the Final Rose on The Bachelor? - Scottsdale TV | Examiner.com

    24 hours .... Reminder that what we say at FORT does travel and does travel fast.
    They even mentioned Blondie! Gotta love it!
    Brad to Emily: It's real...it's definitely real.

  7. #1097
    FORT Fogey bevorules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,203

    Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

    Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    Was the bolded a tweet from Chantal? Why will Ricky's picture be in Chantal's place?
    No, I think the poster was saying Brad was tweeting it.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

  8. #1098
    FORT Fogey bevorules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Leander, TX
    Posts
    1,203

    Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

    My thoughts on the new developments: (These thoughts scan over all of our main threads and are in response to the new spoiler, so I will put it in this thread.)

    1. Introduction: Thank you to all of the Emily fans for providing a counter point to all of our comments earlier on the board. When the new spoiler came out I went back and watched it trying to see it as the Bremily folks did. I saw it and am now really leaning towards Bremily as the couple. This is why I always encourage different view points on the boards. The majority isn’t always right and when we have a case like this one, the counterpoint provides those of us who missed it, a key to what to look for in finding it upon a deeper look.

    2. Spoilers: We have conflicting spoilers and developed edits for each one. One is a false edit and one is a real edit. I will detail each so nobody is surprised by the ending and we don’t get Fleissed following the wrong edit path. While I am leaning towards the new spoiler, I am not disregarding the previous one, because we do have established edits for each and still could have a Brantal or Bremily ending. I think both sides need to be prepared so let’s please continue the point/counterpoint discussions in our edit threads and others so that we all have key of what to look for from those who see it best.

    3. Edits Part one—Emily’s F1 Edit: Emily is getting the F1 edit in the Ms. Nice Girl vs. Ms Right pattern. It tricked me at first because she has a cleaner house edit than Chantal. But in re-watching the episodes, that made sense as well. Chantal is the F2 in that edit because her emotional roller coaster is the “deal breaker” that Brad says he can’t live with. In order for her to be F2 in this pattern, we had to see the “emotional roller coaster” so that we realize that her issues are “deal breakers” to Brad. So the normally roughed up F1 isn’t present this year; however it isn’t necessary to set up this pattern and is one of the things Fleiss can play with to make this cast and present circumstances work for him.

    • Because of Brad’s background, his normal compatibility based on personality type is wrong because they are too emotionally all over the place. Oranges and Blues are both emotionally minded, but the blue bottles their emotional roller coasters to be sensitive and strong for others. It is part of the peace maker, nurturer thing. We have occasional breakdowns when we can’t bottle any more, but they are occasional and as long as Brad is aware of it, he can deal with it. Emily is perfect for him because she is calm, steady and nurturing without being too emotionally wound. Chantal as an orange who allows themselves to throw a tantrum when they get angry, hurt or emotional. There is no filter, which is a double edged sword. On one hand, you always know where you stand with them, but on the other hand, they don’t avoid drama and in their need to take care of themselves first and then look outward, you are aware of every Emotional swing that they have. This makes her a bad risk for Brad because he worries that her emotional roller coaster is manipulative and causes drama that he can’t live with. Chantal is his “old type” and in the personality group that Brad is naturally attracted to, so he would be tempted to take it as far as he could because he would be sorely tempted to choose her. He seems to always come back to Emily who is different than his exes and represents a fresh start for him with a group that will give him the stability that he needs.

    • If this edit is true, the season it most reminds me of is Trista and Ryan where we had a false spoiler and a strong corresponding false edit for Charlie. Like that season Ryan was more popular to the audience, but they all thought Charlie would be picked because we had the spoiler and the strong edit and we had her friends/family saying that he was the most like the guys she had previously brought home. Hometowns seemed to shift the focus to Ryan and just about that time we had a counter spoiler that pointed to Ryan as the F1. This was another case of a lead having someone in the final two who was their “normal type” that really tempted them and someone in the final two was a “new type” that was actually better for her in the end. Like this season, the physical chemistry that was so overwhelming with Charlie started waning and by the rose ceremony, he was actually “behind” to Ryan.

    4. Edit Part Two—Chantal’s F1 Edit: If the Reality Steve and Lithargic spoilers are correct, then we have still have a risk/reward ending pattern and Chantal is our F1. They have set this edit up with key words, so this is still a possibility. They have set up the final showdown with Chantal still feeling that she is somehow having to take a risk and is still on the emotional roller coaster. Brad is risking that her emotional roller coaster won’t cause drama in real life. This sets up their final showdown as the conflict to be resolved for them to end up together with is the key characteristic to this pattern no matter which model of risk/reward and safety that the final two are edited in. Emily is now all in having told Brad that she is falling in love with him and Ricki accepting him fully. She is the path of least resistance who would be his safety net choice B in this pattern and if his heart is with Chantal, choosing Emily because she causes less drama would be “settling for her” because life would be easier (baby steps, calm personality, family etc.) If this edit is correct, it reminds me of a combination of the Meredith/Ian edit and the Jake/Vienna seasons. Ian because of the fast start and being way in plain sight and not hidden and the Jake/Vienna one because the F2 was more likable in their "safety."

    5. Media: I can still see interviews and comments from Brad/Harrison that could be interpreted either way depending who you root for. Now that I can see the Bremily ending as well as the Brantal one, I can see how some of the early comments Brad made that seemed like it were clearly leading to Chantal, can actually be for Emily. She is tougher than she looks and in the hometowns, he said that she called him on the no kiss thing. She could be who we see has tough shell, gooey inside even though it was Chantal that they showed coin the phrase on air. She meets the controversial ending, not because choosing her would be controversial, (as she is the Cinderella hero this season and we all want the fairy tale,) but because we had such a strong and well developed false spoiler that didn’t only confuse those who are sleuthing or spoiled but also the casual viewer as the media has been taking RS spoiler as gospel and has been reporting it as fact (you just have to Google their names and the reports come up. I do think now that there is something to “fridge gate” because we now have spoilers and edit evidence to point towards Emily as our F1 it was just hidden from our naked view.

    6. My Take: I am leaning now towards Emily because of who gave us the new spoiler. Blondie Gal was one of the ones who came to Austin and met Brad and Jason and is familiar with Brad’s inner-circle. I am not saying that her spoiler came from someone in Brad’s inner-circle or speculating who her source is, but she is acquainted with people who are close to Brad. It is probably killing them to have to keep quiet about the secret with a false spoiler and false edit out there. This would make sense Babyface C’s comments that we should forget about RS and Lithargic and sleuth this the way we usually do. At the time I thought it was to validate that Brad chose Chantal because he loved her and he was deflecting the Laurel mess. Now I wonder if he really was trying to say we were on the wrong path without actually having to say “we’re on the wrong path.”

    7. What baffles me is why I fell for the false edit pattern (if it is a false pattern) because I didn’t with Trista and Ryan who had a similar edit. Just shows we are all human and none of us are immune from Fleiss’ false edits. In the future, I am going to disregard the spoilers and simply sleuth the caps, the edits, body language, and try to use the internet to find who has what suite, and who is spotted or not spotted in the hometowns. I will use our “old school” sleuth tricks to sleuth the show, instead of trying to sleuth the spoilers.

    8. I apologize for calling our group lax or lazy as there were definitely some who were trying to sleuth and we did have a false spoiler to confuse the issue. I think lazy or lax was too strong a word. That was a knee-jerk reaction to the fact that I was Fleissed. I think what the majority on any boards and casual viewers who were aware of the spoilers were was complacent. We never thought for a moment that RS would go out on a limb with a false spoiler again, after being wrong last year. Couple that with both of Lithargic’s sources saying Chantal and the strong false edit (if indeed that’s what it was) and it is easy to see why we wouldn’t expect to be suddenly told that all of that was wrong.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

  9. #1099
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    79

    Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    And he posted this one on January 11 - in the F1, F2, F3, F4 thread
    If this helps at all, that quote also stood out to me and I analyzed it in depth last week here:

    Who do you think is the F1?

    He says the love story is right in front of us and the only one that makes it true at the time is Emily. We hadn't seen Chantal hardly at all up to the 11th while Emily was dominating every episode.

  10. #1100
    Reality Show junkie dlmom53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    364

    Re: There's a New F1 in Town and Fort Has It First

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I am there with you. I am having a delightful time now that we have dueling spoilers. It is a lot of fun.

    F2 will be fine and probably meet the love of her life within the year. They all seem to do this and look back and say they would never have met had this show not changed to course of their life.

    I am excited to see what else RS is going to put in the mix today. I also want to know the breed of Chantal's dog Boca. Anyone know?
    It's a pomeranian in a lion cut (helps with shedding and matting).

    OT I love the fact that she made a point that he is a rescue dog. She even mentioned which rescue organization it came from. Great opportunity for people to know about rescue. Right now there are a lot of dogs in need due to the ecomony.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.