Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151152153154155156157158159160161
Results 1,601 to 1,608 of 1608

Thread: *Spoilers* 2/21 The Bachelor: Episode 8

FORT Fanatic

Re: *Spoilers* 2/21 The Bachelor: Episode 8

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    edit....edit....edit....

Chantal is not a basket case 24/7. Emily is not a plastic barbie doll 24/7. Ashley is not hyper and drinking too much 24/7

These are the 'characters' that the show is giving us. That's how I see it. We do see glimpses of real people despite the edit, some we like better than others but to me they are all real people, and I still maintain that Brad is lucky because his final 4 girls all seem GREAT.

lol, I know they are characters on the show but Chantal, edit as the cry baby is all I read about.

FORT Newbie

edit....edit....edit....

Chantal is not a basket case 24/7. Emily is not a plastic barbie doll 24/7. Ashley is not hyper and drinking too much 24/7

These are the 'characters' that the show is giving us. That's how I see it. We do see glimpses of real people despite the edit, some we like better than others but to me they are all real people, and I still maintain that Brad is lucky because his final 4 girls all seem GREAT.

Couldn't agree more! I don't think they could totally manufacture the "character" and work off what they see. I love the astrological influenced posts. Chantal is a Cancer. They wear their hearts on their sleeves, truly. My sister is one and cries at the drop of a hat. Emily is an Aquarius, which are more reserved and don't show their feelings. My dad is one. Don't know what Ashley's sign is, but guessing she's a "fire" sign.

FORT Newbie

Oh my goodness from what Im reading here we have the crying Chantal but we also have the stoic cold plastic Barbie comments also.. Its pretty even depending on who is the F1.

edit....edit....edit....

I agree with this 100%! Well said.

edit....edit....edit....

I so agree. Out of hours of filming they choose a few minutes of each girl and interaction to show us, and some of those are spliced. I know that Emily is a real person with views and personality, I finally saw it on the HTD. Was it Emily's fault that we had not seen it in full view until then. No, it was the film clips. In their date on sandy Island, I did not know what to make of her. We never saw a real, full interaction. It was so set up - one minute her hair was wet, one minute it was dry ect... There was no way to see how she really reacted. It is the same with all of the girls. Initally I did not like Ashley H as the bachelorette, because her edit shows her as whinny, clingy (holding on and begging Brad until she got the rose in Anguilla), and then I heard someone say Ali got the same edit in her season with Jake. I did not watch that season, but got drawn in to Ali's Bette season and liked her. I guess it is all in the edit.

One of the reasons I like Chantal is because I am too much like how they portray Emily, a little reserved, don't like to compete for a guy, and not as forward about my feelings. Needless to say I would never go on a dating show, and wonder if Emily really thought this through as more than a vacation. I really like that Chantal can put herself out there and take that emotional risk, tears and all.

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia View Post
    There is no way TPTB allow those blog posts to go straight from Brad's computer to the website. He most likely sends them to a contact at abc who reads and edits the posts first to be sure nothing is revealed that shouldn't be.

So IMO we have no way of knowing what Brad originally wrote. Maybe the editor took out some things about Chantal, did some tweaking. Or maybe Brad was told from the beginning how he should write about his F1 and F2 to keep things a mystery.

I remember last season there was a lot of talk about Ali's blogs being proof that Chris was F1, people read into the blogs what we want to see. It's the same as watching the edit on the show. We never know til the FRC airs what was a clue and what was a red herring.

It'd be great if babyfacec could tell us after the season is over how much the blogs were edited, if at all.
    Not from the Roberto fans. Ali clearly left clues in her blog that pointed to Roberto. She was always saying Roberto treats her well and this was the first clue in her first blog that she wrote in a different language. She said Roberto saw her messy room and still loved her, then he was a keeper. I went back after the season and read all the threads and found even Ali's mother gave a clue from the beginning, when she said Ali doesn't normally date good looking guys. The clues are if we just accept them.

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    But what has she cried about? Not all crying is whiny, in fact most of them arent to me....Only 2 were dealing with issues with Brad Nascar and the SI shoot.....The others were expressing her feeling about her dad, with the others girls that maybe what she shared with Brad wasn't special, with her mom regarding how she is feeling about Brad....People are different I cry an I don't think I am whiny, far from it most people who know me would call me very tough and strong just because you express emotions and you cry doesn't make you whiny......
    ITA! In fact, she seems far from a whiner. I just think she had a tough time on two of the group dates because she was in love with Brad and that's it.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Sometimes crying is simple stress relief, stress hormones are released in tears.
    I don't cry often now that I'm older and haven't that much to bother me in real life, but I've cried at very inopportune moments in the past just because of having been under prolonged stress, they just came without warning.
    THAT'S why Chantal's tears don't bother me, while Ali's collapse in the hallway did - fake.
    I'd be surprised if all of the women didn't cry at some point, perhaps in bed at night, because they're on camera all of the time, and have to be always 'switched on', which must be exhausting as well as daunting, no matter how deeply they're invested with the Bachelor.
    From my point of view the ones who don't seem to get upset are the ones who either aren't feeling anything, or simply keep their feelings more tightly under control.
    All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions ~ Leonardo da Vinci