Page 156 of 161 FirstFirst ... 56106146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1608

Thread: *Spoilers* 2/21 The Bachelor: Episode 8

Re: *Spoilers* 2/21 The Bachelor: Episode 8

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    And wasn't that statement made by Brad about getting a father's blessing said in the purple shirt he was wearing during Shawntel's HTD? It would make sense that her father was one of them?
    But when Brad went to Shawntel's HD (in real life) he hadn't gone to Chantal's yet right?
    and I think blessings could have came from Ashley's father too...I know that the family gave him their blessing right?

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    But when Brad went to Shawntel's HD (in real life) he hadn't gone to Chantal's yet right?
    and I think blessings could have came from Ashley's father too...I know that the family gave him their blessing right?
    Oh for sure he could have gotten Ashley's father's blessing as well. I just wanted to post that we have a PI that could definately point to Brad quite possibly asking Shawntel's father too.

I don't remember if they gave their blessing or not. I kind of tuned out during Ashley's date.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    IMO Emily's parents, who are divorced and live in different locations, and the Hendricks, Ricki's grandparents, are none of our business, if they don't want to be or Emily doesn't want them to be. Evidently they are not part of the story of this Bachelor at this point and may never be. Whether they are part of the story in real life has nothing to do with us, except for our curiousity.

The Bachelor is so negatively invasive into the lives of the cast, that anything that they want to and are able to keep private is positive IMO. Any cast person should be able to draw a line with their personal information and their families on the show, should they choose to.
    Along with that in last weeks episode Emily said herself she would not accept a proposal unless Ricki was in approval. She never said anything about her parents or Dad. Its all about Ricki.

Brad has said he would not propose to anyone without father approval so somewhere in here we have to get Ricki to SA along with grandparent or get them back on US soil for taht to happen & it has happened before. Its amazing what TPTB can do when they have to or want to.

This is where I believe we get a very different ending but a wonderful one
    Pink padded cell inmate. Not known for dealing in Reality!! Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    Oh for sure he could have gotten Ashley's father's blessing as well. I just wanted to post that we have a PI that could definately point to Brad quite possibly asking Shawntel's father too.

I don't remember if they gave their blessing or not. I kind of tuned out during Ashley's date.
    That would be cold!
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    After re-reading Brad's blog, I wanted to make two comments about the last show.

1) I still feel it's weird not meeting Emily's family (aside from her daughter.) Brad said in his blog: "This week was especially important to me because I place such an emphasis on family. It gave me true insight about where the women come from..." How can you do this if you don't meet the family?
    I know this has been discussed to death but here's my $.02. My daughter (who had previously been married and had a child) met a guy who lived out of state online through a dating service. After visits and then most of a Summer together where he lives, (she's a teacher) they began to get serious. We had not yet met. Speaking with him on the phone, I told him I wanted to be sure he knew that I felt very concerned about the possibility that he might consider marrying my daughter without even meeting us and getting to know us. He assured me strongly that he wouldn't think of that - we had to get to know each other first. (And we did and they've actually been married three years now.) Meeting the child(ren) is important, but who you are is so much more than that. Every other season I've seen, the few times that the parents don't participate in the hometown dates, it's a BIG DEAL. This has been more swept under the rug. CH said in his blog it was more important to meet Ricki. How are those two goals exclusive? And it doesn't sound as though they did perhaps meet off camera. If so, CH wouldn't be explaining the fact that they didn't meet.

2) Many comments have been made re: Brad receiving unsolicited blessings from at least two of the dads. We're shown a scene where Chantal's dad offers his blessing, but we don't know for sure what went on before that was said. (Or if it was somehow encouraged by tptb.) What was said in Brad's blog is: "I even received unsolicited blessings from some of the fathers..." He doesn't say which ones. He could be referring to Shawntel's and Ashley's dads. I don't see where that says that he didn't ask one of the dads for his daughter's hand. It's possible that he did ask for Chantal's hand. (And also possible, I know, that he didn't!)

Fleiss has been known to mislead before. Who's to say he's not misleading us in these things?
    Some very good points. I also noticed that CH avoided really answering why Brad didn't meet Emily's parents. It seems strange to me that it was never talked about because it was a big deal when Melissa's parents didn't meet Jason. Maybe it wasn't a big deal because they know now that Brad was never going to propose to Emily and it didn't fit the edit they're going for.

I think it's possible Brad did ask for Chantal's dad's blessing but even if not he did try to show that he was being sincere with their daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind View Post
    Along with that in last weeks episode Emily said herself she would not accept a proposal unless Ricki was in approval. She never said anything about her parents or Dad. Its all about Ricki.

Brad has said he would not propose to anyone without father approval so somewhere in here we have to get Ricki to SA along with grandparent or get them back on US soil for taht to happen & it has happened before. Its amazing what TPTB can do when they have to or want to.

This is where I believe we get a very different ending but a wonderful one
    Care to share what you think ? pm me if needed.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV View Post
    That would be cold!
    Unless of course we have the PI of Brad saying he wants the blessing, but in reality he never did ask for it. Who knows! Yeah that would be cold!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality View Post
    Care to share what you think ? pm me if needed.
    I keep thinking of how cute it would be for Emily to get the ring and Ricki get some kind of token. Wishful thinking, I know. This is a reality show, not a romance novel.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    Some very good points. I also noticed that CH avoided really answering why Brad didn't meet Emily's parents. It seems strange to me that it was never talked about because it was a big deal when Melissa's parents didn't meet Jason. Maybe it wasn't a big deal because they know now that Brad was never going to propose to Emily and it didn't fit the edit they're going for.

I think it's possible Brad did ask for Chantal's dad's blessing but even if not he did try to show that he was being sincere with their daughter.
    There was some question about how supportive Melissa's parents were -- she made mention of it on the show. So, that' why I think it came up for discussion between Melissa and Jason.

On the other hand, there isn't a hint one way or another about Emily's parents or other family members. Maybe they're supportive; maybe not...but it's not at play at all.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post

Right! Melissa's storyline was the missing parents. Emily's storyline is the daughter. Supposedly, it was important to get the daughter's approval - although the edit appeared to show me that it was more about indicating whether or not Brad could handle meshing instantly with a 5 year old- whereas Melissa's storyline was more about whether Jason could talk with the parents in order to continue the process with Melissa.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?