Page 8 of 100 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's What I Was Told

Re: Here's What I Was Told

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4193888;
    And I donít feel sorry for him. If all this is true then he knew that it could potentially be found out and he alone put himself and his family in a position where they will have to defend his actions. And this has the potential to be worse than leaving 2 women standing at the alter.

Oh, it will BE MUCH worse!!!

FORT Regular

I try to never analyze anyone's motives for doing anything cause it's impossible, but I will say this: to me, being enticed by a large sum to do the show is understandable, but I hardly think that Brad is was destitute prior to the show. As for Chantal, her dad's business has been a huge success for many years, and while any exposure is good, pretty sure he didn't "need the business". As for the rest, to be honest, I'm not sure Brad is savvy enough to fake a whole season, and i still maintain there is NO WAY that Chantal could fake not only the tears, but the raw emotion that you see on her face, even when the camera isn't right on her. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter- I'll still watch and enjoy the show, but I consider myself a pretty good judge of character- and I'm just not getting the fake, bad vibes from either of them that I've gotten from sooo many other past participants.

Thank you for sharing your information. As much as I want to see a love story, this is television and a business. So Brad signed up for the money - I would do the same thing, especially in these difficult economic times. I am still entertained by the show and isn't that what tv is about - entertainment?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;4193856;
    I completely agree with the bolded...there's nothing about the raw abrupt and jerky way chantal acts when she's emotional that can be acted not even in the best actresses and the woman apparently worked for her dad for a lot of years and not as a trained actress right? lithargic I did 100% believe these spoilers before i saw the meltdown in full from yesterday's show...but then I saw how emotional chantal was and I really just can't imagine how much that can be acted - it's too raw -- all the other parts of this spoiler sound feasable to me!
    I agree with this and the post it quoted. Thank you Lithargic for telling us what you found out. I don't think Chantal is completely acting. I've been in her shoes (divorced from my high school sweetheart that I'd been with since I was 16), and that certainly explains for me why she's such an emotional wreck. The rest, including all the wonky editing, and the scripted quality of the dates (esp. last night) all make Lithargic's info ring true for me.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4193890;
    The "love story" is where the spoilers breakdown. RS says that he picks Chantal. Lith's source says that he "picked the girl who slapped him." Lith extrapolates on a highly scripted and produced season. They give us the hard-and-fast facts, but no one comments on if there were any real feelings that developed. The only source that says anything about a love story is BabyfaceC, who--unless he's lying--is Brad's friend. In the following post during week two, he said this much:

Either Brad continued the Bach-PR to his business partner/friend to cover the bases per his contract or he's honest with Jason that he did find love.

I'm wondering if we call off the dogs now based on this information or if there's a chance that, in spite of it all, Brad did find love among the "cuts" and "actions" of this farce.
    Oh, I can hear it now ATFR ceremony. I've seen all the Oscar moments I need to see. Somebody in TV needs to hire that girl!

I've long believed that EVERYONE that goes on the show has a motive for doing so and finding love would just be an added bonus... did that happen this year? check

so what's so different this season? nothing

Is it any different than Travis choosing Sarah cause it was the easy choice and he could end it quick? not really, as she was his safe choice, and it appears that Chantal was Brad's. Could they have fallen for each other during the process? why not!

Is Brad justified in going on the show to use them for his own ends after the first season just about ruined his life? IMO, yes he is.

Was it a kindness for everybody to have discussed with Chantal and Emily that that's how the season was probably going to end IF he really wasn't attracted enough to anybody else "to look them in the eye and tell them that he loved them" IMO yes it was!

Could Brad and Chantal have formed a bond during all this and really fell for each other while dating? yes they could have. I really like Chantal and have no problem with her agreeing to participate in the show... they were all strangers to her at this point... but can she really cry that good? I watch soaps and all kinds of romantic movies etc... and I've never seen a girl that could cry that good!! i could see her falling for the guy... heck I have and he's never even kissed me and what's not for Brad to like about Chantal? she's hot (and I don't think I've said that about another girl )

yep, rose coloured glasses still on
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

First off - Thanks Lithargic for relaying what you have been told. It is always good to read the 'inside' workings of this show.

Secondly, why are we hating on Brad all over again ? This show has been scripted from day 1 and any relationships formed have been despite themselves rather than thanks to the show. We all watch for the entertainment and are on here spending so much time because of the thrill of dissecting a show that we all know is fake and has been for a long time (writers strike anyone ???).
    Brad is certainly not the 1st and will not be the last to be 'acting' his way through the show and lying through his teeth in interviews. Thats what he has signed up for and quite frankly doing a good job at.

As for the remaining ladies on the show - whether they are specially recruited to play a part or if they are in fact paid actresses ....did you'll not see this from episode 1 ? I did and this all comes as no surprise to me at all. Be it Michelle or Chantel they have been fake as they come but have been either a source of angst or fun or have played the vamps to the hilt and done a good job IMO. So have the other ladies.

I like Brad, liked him the 1st time around and like him this time too. I will watch the rest of the season and wait for the twirl at the end and wish all concerned the very best. I think I would be a hypocrite if I suddenly went up in arms about this show when I know it is fully well scripted and this season is no different. Hope all think the same and enjoy the show for the despite it rather than for the sake of it. Cheers.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by annettejt;4193893;
    Thank you for sharing your information. As much as I want to see a love story, this is television and a business. So Brad signed up for the money - I would do the same thing, especially in these difficult economic times. I am still entertained by the show and isn't that what tv is about - entertainment?
    Yeah, I totally agree with you, however, deep down I believed Brad was a decent person with some character flaws. It disheartens me to think after what he went through last time he'll sell out again for $$$! What is a person's integrity worth?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic;4193726;
    This is what I was told. How accurate is all of this? How much of it is fact and how much is her own speculation? You be the judge. In the past when I have relayed what I was told a few people asked me for "proof". I have no proof. If you think I am full of it you can feel free to tell me so, no big deal. The proof, as the old saying goes, is in the pudding.
    I think this portion of Lithargic's post is important, especially the bolded. How much of this is the source's speculation? I don't think that Lithargic is claiming that this is all 100% fact.

While I'm sure some bits are all true ... Michelle's (over)acting, Brad getting a large payday ... like anything, there may be shades of gray and open to interpretation. I'm willing to keep a (somewhat) open mind about a "connection" (hee!) coming out of this show, whether or not it was set up or lasts in the long term. I'd also like to think that Brad's friends come on here to share and not as part of a grand cover up. Maybe I'm naive?!

Quote Originally Posted by lithargic;4193726;
    [I] The "intense therapy" idea was concocted to give people a reason to give Brad a second chance.

"intense therapy" just doesn't come to a stop because you want to be on a TV show. I never believed that story. Brad thinks he's fine just the way he is and only needed money.

Brad was instructed to take Emily to F2 so she could be presented as the next Bachelorette. She has not yet agreed to do it but it is hers for the taking, just like Chris L. If Emily doesn't take it they are planning something "really shocking" for the next season. (She refused to elaborate on that but I will keep pressing her for more.)
    it wouldn't surprise me if the "really shocking" part of next season is Chantal as the Bachelorette. All of that fake therapy and Brads insistence that he is ready for marriage is a farce.I believe most of them do this show for their 15 minutes of fame that they hope will snowball into much more. I like Emily and hope she runs away from MF and everyone connected to this show as fast and far as she can. Chantal should follow her.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-15-2011 at 11:48 AM.