Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's What I Was Told

Re: Here's What I Was Told

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4193840;
    Lithargic, thanks for sharing the details rather than hanging it over our heads.

Your explanation underlines the 180 degree turn Brad took from basically reviling the franchise to 100% supporting it as a legitimate process.

When Laurel's story hit followed by Brad's George Lopez interview in which he admitted to being "broke," it was easy to deduce that Brad agreed to this scene for the monetary compensation. I do NOT doubt the scripted aspects of this season.

My question: Is there a chance that Brad actually did fall in love? Yes, he agreed to do all of this acting, but did he fall in love with any of his co-stars? BabyfaceC did say in his posts that that love story was right in front of our faces and that the couple would last beyond the show and away from the limelight.

Is there any hope of that being real? or is he just covering for his friend?
    How can anyone other than Brad and Chantal know this?
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fan

I guess BabyFaceC is perguring himself too....join the fun...any honest people left in this world?

Quote Originally Posted by skitts;4193859;
    I guess BabyFaceC is perguring himself too....join the fun...any honest people left in this world?
    Brad making a million dollars would only benefit the whole shibang in that saloon business, bar or whatever it is!

Quote Originally Posted by skitts;4193859;
    You know – as much as some people are going to be offended by this new information, this series was never about honesty - why is this season any different?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MelFan;4193851;
    I feel like if this is true, then, imo he is. I love Brad but I just feel really jipped out of what could of been a incredible love story with Brantal.

Do I think they will last? At this point, based on what I've heard, not a chance.
    OK - I'm on the pathetic bandwagon!

Chantel's crying - could it be that she does get caught up in the drama? Well, if we believe that there is a HUGE script - and reshoots, and reshoots - then, their every waking moments are spent on scripting...

so - do they have a chance? NOT so much if they are in it to produce a TV show - I do think they can come out of it as friends...

and btw - is any of this sounding like the Joe Schmo show? THAT was a great parody show! LOL

and it does give more credence to Michelle's exit - her just laying down on the limo's seat!
    Last edited by angelmum3; 02-15-2011 at 10:33 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MelFan;4193851;
    I feel like if this is true, then, imo he is. I love Brad but I just feel really jipped out of what could of been a incredible love story with Brantal.

Do I think they will last? At this point, based on what I've heard, not a chance.
    Here is the thing.....

They both went into it with some serious emotional conflicts. We have seen from the texts that the therapy did not erase Brad's issues.
    Chantal had her own. If she went on the show to make her ex jealous, then she needed more time before she got into a serious relationship like this. I can not help but think she could have benefitted from some counseling herself to help build her self-esteem.

The show's history indicates that it is extremely tough to make a go of a relationship.
    These two have emotional issues individually. Realistically, how difficult is it going to be to work it out as a couple?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu;4193863;
    Brad making a million dollars would only benefit the whole shibang in that saloon business, bar or whatever it is!
    We don't know what the final number was for Brad - I would hate to state that he was offered a mill to do the show.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4193865;
    You know – as much as some people are going to be offended by this new information, this series was never about honesty - why is this season any different?
    I haven't watched enough of this show in past seasons to get the hang of it, I guess. I can see them getting the PI they wanted but I just can't grasp hurting so many innocent people. Maybe naive is stupid but they are hurt none the less. I just don't roll that way.

I was spoiled by Trista and Ryan.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;4193788;
    It's probably like most things, some true ... some not. I'm perfectly willing to believe that some of this season was a set up, but after Brad's last go-around and the aftermath, I doubt he'd put himself through another potential flogging.

BabyfaceC??
    At this point it appears there are three likely endings to this saga. It spite of the scripting Brad and Chantal actually did fall in love (doubtful) or Brad is selling this to his friends as the real love story or the friends are aware of the truth and they are helping Brad promote the love story that does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4193869;
    We don't know what the final number was for Brad - I would hate to state that he was offered a mill to do the show.
    No matter what he made as it was alot per Brad... it benefitted the whole shibang.