Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's What I Was Told

Re: Here's What I Was Told

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive View Post
    The only thing I like about the scam this season is nobody got hurt. Both the Bachelor and his final choice deciding the outcome from the start meant not another Jason-Melissa fraud & abuse and not another Jake-Vienna sham engagement. Sham engagements are fine as long as both know it's a sham and the only people tricked are the public?
    I don't think it's okay to trick the public, either. I think it's an insult to the people who make their livelihoods possible.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sgjsnow View Post
    Maybe a little fishy but why would these women with the money, looks, and famous families want to be on the Bachelor - probably not to find a guy. So what would entice either of them to do the show?

Two words... Melissa Rycroft

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Why do any of these beautiful women go on this show....why not? that's the best answer I can give. If I were young, single, pretty and looked good in a bikini, heck, I'd go on the show!! I'd go in with eyes wide open, not expecting anything more than a holiday, meeting new people, the novelty of being on a television show, travel, activities and places I'd probably never be able to do/visit on my own...and heck, if by any mad chance I actually found myself really liking the guy too, that's just gravy!

I don't blame any of these girls for doing this. I don't blame Emily at all, as long as she is confident that her daughter is well taken care of and won't miss her too much, or it won't have a negative impact on little Ricki, then sure, why not??
    I think I do look good in a bikini, others have said so, and I am young. But, there is no way in hell I would go on TB! My family has left me with enough money that I can travel as I please, and if its true that some of these girls also have family or their own money, why go on this disaster?! The years of teasing from any aquaintence in the future would keep me from appearing on this show. If I had a need to embarrass my family and myself then yeah I would appear on TB.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    you obviously aren't familiar with this show as a whole. MF is notorious for setting up situations in order to bring drama to the series. Of late we've had Rego, Roz, Wes, Ed, Frank, to name a few who were exploited in the name of entertainment. Jason is a prime example - if he truly wanted to be with Molly, he could've dumped Melissa and gone after Molly - but that wasn't good enough for MF, he needed and wanted to make a circus out of the whole mess and had Jason do it all on camera.

Anyone who doesn't believe that 90% of what we see on the screen isn't producer driven/manipulated is naive.

Is all of it true about Brad - IDK, but I believe the bones of it are true. Brad did the show as a way to redeem his reputation and he would choose a F1 no matter what. Whether or not Chantal was chosen before or after Brad met her - IDK, whether or not any of the other women know - IDK, but I tend to believe not since they do have to rely on true raw emotions to at least make it look real. Is Emily being set up as next 'ette - most likely.
    Oh, but I am familiar with it as a whole and for the second time I have the best perspective as I get to watch it from the inside - out. I'm also the only person posting that is 100 percent about how it ends. I've watched other seasons, too. I understand that it is producer driven. The conspiracy theory that Lithargic reported is too far fetched. Even for this show. Brad fell in love with one person and it wasn't set up. He's not sure what would have happened if he hadn't met this one person. Doesn't even want to think about if he would have walked away again. Thank God that wasn't an issue

By the way it was never discussed that he "HAD" to pick someone. Believe it or not. Would he have been crazy to not? I think so. But thank goodness it never came to that.

He did the show to meet someone, have an adventure, and experience all the excitement again. He didn't do it to redeem his reputation. He was old news and was just fine with that. His real life reputation is different than his blogosphere reputation. As time went on people actually applauded his first season decision more and more. He wasn't desperate to be "liked" again by fans of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    Oh, but I am familiar with it as a whole and for the second time I have the best perspective as I get to watch it from the inside - out. I'm also the only person posting that is 100 percent about how it ends. I've watched other seasons, too. I understand that it is producer driven. The conspiracy theory that Lithargic reported is too far fetched. Even for this show. Brad fell in love with one person and it wasn't set up. He's not sure what would have happened if he hadn't met this one person. Doesn't even want to think about if he would have walked away again. Thank God that wasn't an issue

By the way it was never discussed that he "HAD" to pick someone. Believe it or not. Would he have been crazy to not? I think so. But thank goodness it never came to that.

He did the show to meet someone, have an adventure, and experience all the excitement again. He didn't do it to redeem his reputation. He was old news and was just fine with that. His real life reputation is different than his blogosphere reputation. As time went on people actually applauded his first season decision more and more. He wasn't desperate to be "liked" again by fans of the show.
    Thanks for posting! I always look forward to your posts.

BTW, is it weird watching your buddy fall in love on TV? I bet you probably rag on him a lot!

This is how I thought of it as well. Brad was definitely "old news" and there were more positive posts about his decision to walk away last time after the initial shock wore off. I am just curious why TPTB insisted on making this a "redemption" episode rather than a "I still haven't found anyone to love so I'm willing to try again" thing.

I'm so glad he did find someone, and I happy to hear he is in love. I hope it's with Chantal, because I think they are adorable together.

Thanks for posting, babyfaceC, I really appreciate your "inside information"

Just wondering....how good are Brad's nieces with coloring?

FORT Fogey

I also appreciate your posts and your view from the "inside". One question, do you know who the F1 is? I'm not trying to get you to reveal "who" just curious to know if Brad has shared that with you.

One thing I got from reading Babyface's post -- there was only ONE woman that Brad was truly interested in. If that ONE woman hadn't been there, Brad would have walked away again. He didn't just choose the one he loved most, because he only loved ONE.

Sooooo cool to have your inside-out perspective! It's great to know that Brad and his fiancee are the real deal. Wish them all the happiness in the world!