Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's What I Was Told

Re: Here's What I Was Told

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    Emily- fame, excitement, fun, adventure
    Chantal- fame, excitement, fun, adventure
    Brad- $$$$$$$$$$$
    THis is as honest as it gets right here folks!

Quote Originally Posted by sgjsnow View Post
    Maybe a little fishy but why would these women with the money, looks, and famous families want to be on the Bachelor - probably not to find a guy. So what would entice either of them to do the show?
    I think Emily gave that answer herself on her last date. She said, when discussing her missing Ricki, that "this was good for her to figure out who she was outside of being a mother." It's very possible that she is trying to come from under the shadows of her past and define herself independently. Not working so well considering said past is brought up constantly on this show.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    I think Emily gave that answer herself on her last date. She said, when discussing her missing Ricki, that "this was good for her to figure out who she was outside of being a mother." It's very possible that she is trying to come from under the shadows of her past and define herself independently. Not working so well considering said past is brought up constantly on this show.
    You can do that without going on a tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    Exactly. How can anyone calmly build a new relationship when there are 5-8 people on the payroll of the production company scheming about the timing, substance, and details of your every move, talking about you and your relationship behind your back etc.

THAT'S why the Ali's and the Chantal's and Bevin's and Molly's and everyone else's of the world are so on edge all the time.

SABOTEURS are everywhere. There's no one who can be trusted.

Gods and Mortals should be the name of this show.
    I remember a couple of the gals from Andy's season saying that no matter how confident they thought their connection was with Andy the producers would constantly bring up his connections with the other women and tell them that maybe they don't have such a great connection after all.

In other words, the girls are constantly being undermined by the production staff into thinking they are not as well liked by the bachelor as they think they are, etc.

Add to that lack of sleep and alcohol, and no wonder they are basket cases.
    Last edited by ASassyKat; 02-18-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Why do any of these beautiful women go on this show....why not? that's the best answer I can give. If I were young, single, pretty and looked good in a bikini, heck, I'd go on the show!! I'd go in with eyes wide open, not expecting anything more than a holiday, meeting new people, the novelty of being on a television show, travel, activities and places I'd probably never be able to do/visit on my own...and heck, if by any mad chance I actually found myself really liking the guy too, that's just gravy!

I don't blame any of these girls for doing this. I don't blame Emily at all, as long as she is confident that her daughter is well taken care of and won't miss her too much, or it won't have a negative impact on little Ricki, then sure, why not??

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    Emily- fame, excitement, fun, adventure
    Chantal- fame, excitement, fun, adventure
    Brad- $$$$$$$$$$$
    I think this is the most honest and correct answer here!

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl View Post
    I agree. I don't blame anyone for doing the show. But we don't know their reasons so we shouldn't speak as to what their reasons are when we don't know them.
    I agree with this. If I were a single girl, and saw Chris L looking for love
    last season ~ I would have auditioned in a heartbeat! I think that's what
    happened with a lot of the girls this season. Chris L has the qualities you
    dream about in a man. JMO
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

The only thing I like about the scam this season is nobody got hurt. Both the Bachelor and his final choice deciding the outcome from the start meant not another Jason-Melissa fraud & abuse and not another Jake-Vienna sham engagement. Sham engagements are fine as long as both know it's a sham and the only people tricked are the public?
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive View Post
    The only thing I like about the scam this season is nobody got hurt. Both the Bachelor and his final choice deciding the outcome from the start meant not another Jason-Melissa fraud & abuse and not another Jake-Vienna sham engagement. Sham engagements are fine as long as both know it's a sham and the only people tricked are the public?
    Amen

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I agree with this. If I were a single girl, and saw Chris L looking for love
    last season ~ I would have auditioned in a heartbeat! I think that's what
    happened with a lot of the girls this season. Chris L has the qualities you
    dream about in a man. JMO
    Heya Nibbles! I hear 'ya!

I've tuned out this season, the whole show was putting me to sleep. But I read lethargic's post, and I agree that everything that he posted could be very plausible.
    BUT, isn't possible that despite everything, that these 2 people, Chantal and Brad, could have fallen for each other, while following the said script??? That falling in love was not planned, it wasn't in the script, but it happened anyway? Some of hollywoods best leading ladies and men have fallen in love with each other while doing a movie together. I'm just saying that it's possible, a good possibility even, that it could have happened here. You can write a script and follow that script all you want, but how do you control someone's emotions, how a person is going to feel and react "on set" once the cameras start rolling? I don't think you can. Fleiss has a lot of power and control but he can't control that. The best he can do, is hide it. That's what he does best on this show. hide the real love story.

I'm not watching this season, not a fan of Brad, or his too young leading ladies, but if it's all setup, as lethargic described, than that's pretty sad what the show has become imho. Glad I didn't waste my time watching it.
    Last edited by jewels2312; 02-19-2011 at 10:19 AM.