Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's What I Was Told

Re: Here's What I Was Told

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4193911;
    Excellent post, Kjeriss. ITA

A lot of people believe everything is scripted and fake and possibly others believe everything they see (not anyone here I'd hazard a guess). I find myself in the middle thinking there's retakes, creative casting, and editing but not hiring actors (except maybe Shayne) or pre-scripting the f1 and 2. It doesn't really matter because the season will end in a few weeks and we can judge what we see of Brad and Chantal together. It should be interesting at least.
    I've watched 4 full seasons, that's it. I knew the PI were manipulated but I had NO idea people were hired from the get go to pull off a TOTAL act other than Shayne. I just thought Matt Grant was stupid! I guess the last laugh is on me as I am WAYYYYYYYY behind on what the h*ll is actually going on.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4193888;
    And I don’t feel sorry for him. If all this is true then he knew that it could potentially be found out and he alone put himself and his family in a position where they will have to defend his actions. And this has the potential to be worse than leaving 2 women standing at the alter.
    This detail alone makes me wonder if we're getting played.

I don't know Brad, but I really struggle to believe that he's not a decent guy. He has involved his family in this production (see episode 1 with his mom, his brothers, and his nieces/nephew). I don't think he'd do that for all the money in the world if it could seriously hurt them.

The women aside, I'm struggling a little to accept that Brad wouldn't have considered how drastically this show could affect his family and himself AGAIN. Brad is a businessman, yes, so he has to be a smart guy to, at least, weigh the benefits and costs of such a transaction, $500,000 to $1 million notwithstanding. There has to be some light at the end of this tunnel for them, too, or why else would he do this show again if it could hurt them?

Right now, Brad's being drug through the mud AGAIN just as he was after his first season. He, not his girls (not yet at least), is the target of the tabloid junket. If MF really wanted Brad, why would he trash him this badly if Brad's first season mishap actually helped the show?

I just don't know the real Brad, but I don't think he's this cold-hearted snake who is jerking these girls around esp the ones who aren't "in on it."

Perhaps "the rules" this season were to follow the script and somewhere he decided to break with the rules AGAIN and actually fell in love.
    Last edited by veg_out; 02-15-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4193885;
    They are in the intense bubble that is the filming of the Bachelor. Other contestants have tried to describe it as being "in the moment."
    When interviewed, Reid simply said, "Hormones and alcohol."
    In last night's scene, Chantal had been awake since 2:00 AM. What time did she go to bed? I bet they didn't go to bed at the least before 11:00 and that is a safe bet.
    She is dead tired, she has probably been plied with alcohol, and she has been put through several takes until they get the reactions they want.
    this is a very good point and it sounds very feasable to me but I am referring to situations where she's not up since 2am and inebriated ...like the last RC. chantal's face had pure fear, hurt, confusion, nervousness playing across it throughout the entire RC. she looked like she was going to cry AND throw up...her faced looked completely beaten up, her eyes were dull and she pretty much looked depressed and defeated... I don't know, most of this spoiler about a fabricated/rehearsed season seems feasible but i need enough body language evidence to support the claims...for me to believe it and right now the BL is not giving me enough to believe chantal's side of this story...

for instance i think there's a stiffness in emily's behavior that tells me she's holding back still that could be explained by many things...
    michelle's face was pretty much "oh whatever" when brad didn't pick her...it was clearly written on her face she didn't care...I'm pretty sure she was a troll acting her part and the face/bodylanguage supports that

and based on the cues I'm seeing from chantal I can't imagine how it can be an acting job for a full-time executive assistant that is not a trained actress...
    Last edited by emusha; 02-15-2011 at 11:31 AM.
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4193900;
    I've long believed that EVERYONE that goes on the show has a motive for doing so and finding love would just be an added bonus... did that happen this year? check

so what's so different this season? nothing

Is it any different than Travis choosing Sarah cause it was the easy choice and he could end it quick? not really, as she was his safe choice, and it appears that Chantal was Brad's. Could they have fallen for each other during the process? why not!

Is Brad justified in going on the show to use them for his own ends after the first season just about ruined his life? IMO, yes he is.

Was it a kindness for everybody to have discussed with Chantal and Emily that that's how the season was probably going to end IF he really wasn't attracted enough to anybody else "to look them in the eye and tell them that he loved them" IMO yes it was!

Could Brad and Chantal have formed a bond during all this and really fell for each other while dating? yes they could have. I really like Chantal and have no problem with her agreeing to participate in the show... they were all strangers to her at this point... but can she really cry that good? I watch soaps and all kinds of romantic movies etc... and I've never seen a girl that could cry that good!! i could see her falling for the guy... heck I have and he's never even kissed me and what's not for Brad to like about Chantal? she's hot (and I don't think I've said that about another girl )

yep, rose coloured glasses still on
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4193915;
    I mean I'm a romantic so I'd like to think that. But it's live and let live at this point.

I do think that if Brad wasn't truly happy, he wouldn't tell his best friend he was or act like he does during interviews but who knows.

I also think it's possible for these "actors" to fall in love at "work."

Finally, there were a LOT of rumors from insiders or what have you that Ali was only doing it for money, exposure, etc. too. And while no one can argue that she doesn't like the exposure, I'm fairly certain she's pretty attached to the guy too.
    ITA with both these posts... I'm riding the crazy train out till the end of the season - hindsight's always 20/20, right?

I'll take a call a few months from now, on how scripted this season really was
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4193916;
    I actually have more respect for Michelle than I do for Emily though... at least she made sure she got out before she involved her daughter.
    and dont forget - the Sports Illustrated shoot - and that has to be a great incentive for these girlz!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579;4193929;
    ITA with both these posts... I'm riding the crazy train out till the end of the season - hindsight's always 20/20, right?

I'll take a call a few months from now, on how scripted this season really was
    I agree. Do people believe everything that strangers tell them? Come on people. I think there is some truth to what RS is saying and Lithargic's source is saying, but I don't believe everything they say. Chantal seems "too taken" with Brad. I can't believe she's acting. And Brad is too dumb to fake how he's feeling with some of these women. So I'm taking all these spoilers with a grain of salt.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4193925;
    This detail alone makes me wonder if we're getting played.

I don't know Brad, but I really struggle to believe that he's not a decent guy. He has involved his family in this production (see episode 1 with his mom, his brothers, and his nieces/nephew). I don't think he'd do that for all the money in the world if it could seriously hurt them.

The women aside, I'm struggling a little to accept that Brad wouldn't have considered how drastically this show could affect his family and himself AGAIN. Brad is a businessman, yes, so he has to be a smart guy to, at least, weight the benefits and costs of such a transaction, $500,000 to $1 million notwithstanding. There has to be some light at the end of this tunnel for them, too, or why else would he do this show again if it could hurt them?

Right now, Brad's being drug through the mud AGAIN just as he was after his first season. He, not his girls (not yet at least), is the target of the tabloid junket. If MF really wanted Brad, why would he trash him this badly if Brad's first season mishap actually helped the show?

I just don't know the real Brad, but I don't think he's this cold-hearted snake who is jerking these girls around esp the ones who aren't "in on it."

Perhaps "the rules" this season were to follow the script and somewhere he decided to break with the rules AGAIN and actually fell in love.
    This is the problem I've had all along with the theories that this whole season was a set-up. To think that Brad would WILLINGLY put himself in that position, knowing the truth was bound to come out, that he would be skewered 10 times worse than last time, just doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;4193904;
    I think this portion of Lithargic's post is important, especially the bolded. How much of this is the source's speculation? I don't think that Lithargic is claiming that this is all 100% fact.

While I'm sure some bits are all true ... Michelle's (over)acting, Brad getting a large payday ... like anything, there may be shades of gray and open to interpretation. I'm willing to keep a (somewhat) open mind about a "connection" (hee!) coming out of this show, whether or not it was set up or lasts in the long term. I'd also like to think that Brad's friends come on here to share and not as part of a grand cover up. Maybe I'm naive?!
    excellent point moonpie!!

and as he's acknowledged, we already knew basically all he reported anyway. so maybe the part about what's the sources speculation, is that Chantal was a preordained F1. We already knew that she was added when Brad was chosen to be F1, but she could very well have been considered more of a match for Brad than many others who were chosen for Chris. (weren't Ed and Reid in Jillians extra 5 that were chosen specifically for her) could the source have speculated on "Chantal was chosen specifically for Brad" part?

Emily going to F2? hadn't we all figured that out anyway? that she'd moved to Nashville,gotten an agent, and was looking for a career in the entertainment industry. We knew she wanted to be the lead, not the Bach's wife, Chris's or Brad's)

We knew that Michelle was acting, especially in the PI's for drama, the girls in the house grew to tolerate her, so she really wasnt' all that bad for the "drama" girl.

I'm ok with the info that lithargic has posted.... and still can enjoy the season... again, it's all good. I'm going to enjoy "Brantal" right to the end
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn;4193933;
    This is the problem I've had all along with the theories that this whole season was a set-up. To think that Brad would WILLINGLY put himself in that position, knowing the truth was bound to come out, that he would be skewered 10 times worse than last time, just doesn't make sense to me.
    This is the one thing that I can't wrap my brain around either. Makes no sense what so ever!
    ďDon't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.Ē-- Dr. Seuss

In all honesty I believe everything you wrote. Sad but true. I think the producers are turning this show into a big joke(bigger than it already was). First with Ali's season & all those guys with girls back home & now this. Its totally ridiculous.
    Some people think that itís holding on that makes one strong; sometimes itís letting go...