Page 90 of 302 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is the F1?

Re: Who do you think is the F1?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I think that's a trend that's been reversing itself, like so many others in recent seasons. I mean, Roberto got the stingrays and traditionally that would have meant not F1.

jinx, chaslom!
    Thanks! I'm so glad someone else remembered it. I think that it's in reverse for the Bachlorette. Generally on the Bachelor, if you got that underwater date you were history.

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4 View Post
    What does living with two cats and a dog have to do with anything? Guess I am not following this!
    I think she means that Brad didn't know where Chantal lived that's the issue, but I felt the same way watching Roberto and Ali last year when she said she had no idea who was even in his family. Huh? Oh Ali, you're adorable.

ETA: Carrie, you owe me a coke!
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    Not really sure where this should go, it's pertaining to the extended preview of HTD's. I found it disturbing listening to Chantal talk about where she lives and that she lives with 2 cats and a dog. This was just an indication of how very little all of these people know each other. Really makes me doubt the "love" Channy was feeling in Costa Rica. I'm sure she thought she did, but I'm not sure if she is mature enough to know the difference between infatuation and real love. I mean, they really don't know one another at this point. I said before, that her explanation of why she thought she loved Brad would bite her in the butt, being that she said she knew because it was no longer about her but more focused on him and his feelings. Really? That was proven wrong in Anguilla so just wondering if Brad can believe what she says.
    Brad might have already known this but the audience doesn't. She may just have to repeat it before they go to her house for the audience to understand where she is coming from. I'm sure they have talked about home life (since she knows it's Austin or nothing before this date even happens) Ali said on the baseball field before going to Roberto's house that she knew nothing about his family.. really nothing? She was about to walk into their home and know nothing about them, I doubt it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe View Post
    Interesting post. I haven't seen the extended previews yet. I'll check it out.
    Chantal's quote about "loving" Brad....she knew she did because she was thinking more about "him" and not what she could get...although "selflessness" is a component of love....it's not necesarilly love...really just a part "of adulthood"....not a slam on Chantal O. ....cuz' I do get what she's saying....(Love is patient, love is kind, it doesn't seek its own way..)

I do think it was a "positive" for Chantal O. though...relationships take "lots" of putting the other person first...especially when it's not what we "feel" like doing at the moment...so kudos to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    I think she means that Brad didn't know where Chantal lived that's the issue, but I felt the same way watching Roberto and Ali last year when she said she had no idea who was even in his family. Huh? Oh Ali, you're adorable.
    gotcha! thanks
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

the butterfly season etherealfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh View Post
    Great Point!
    This! Absolutely
    "If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance." ~ anonymous

It's true, they may not know much about each other. However, I think surely Chantal would have mentioned her pets. That's something women talk about a lot!

I had the impression that that part of their date was for the audience's benefit, as Brad didn't seem surprised by anything she was saying. But since we had never been shown their discussion about Chantal's living arrangements, etc. they had to show them having this discussion to set up the HTD we are about to watch.

Yes, that's what I meant. I mean, the fact that you live with 2 cats and a dog would be known usually well before meeting someone's parents. It's kinda basic knowledge. The fact that the very basic knowledge of one's life had not been discussed let's you know how little they know of each other. I think it's true for all of them. Nothing to do with maturity. The immaturity I spoke of was about not knowing how to discern one's own emotions.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Not forcing himself into the mom/daughter relationship, but proposing in a couple of weeks?

Okay, the way I see it.... for the HTD he comes in to see Emily/daughter not that long after Emily comes home from being away. Not only have Emily/daughter have not seen each other in a while, which is tough on both of them, but also Emily is bringing another person (Brad) into the mix for this time period.

IMO meeting the child of someone you care about would be an important moment even without the restraints/complications of a reality show. Emily has also told Brad that she doesn't typically introduce Ricki to people she's dates. IMO, he's being respectful of the situation. Ricki isn't used to having another man around, and while Brad cares about her mother, he's trying to balance wanting to get to know Ricki without forcing himself/his relationship with Emily into her life. That will take time. To me, the space between them on the blanket is a physical symbol of that.

No "meeting the child" situation is going to be perfect within the constraints of this show. However, I think that if he truly loves her, and vice versa, they will work out any issues that come up, proposal or not. If he proposes, it doesn't necessarily his relationship with Ricki is all hunky dory and like living in candy land. It does mean that whatever constraints there are, they will work though them together.

Quote Originally Posted by carriealexander View Post
    Brad might have already known this but the audience doesn't. She may just have to repeat it before they go to her house for the audience to understand where she is coming from. I'm sure they have talked about home life (since she knows it's Austin or nothing before this date even happens) Ali said on the baseball field before going to Roberto's house that she knew nothing about his family.. really nothing? She was about to walk into their home and know nothing about them, I doubt it.
    Haha we just posted the same thing!! Also, Brad didn't look surprised by anything Chantal was saying, so I think he already knew all that.