Thread: Who do you think is the F1?

Re: Who do you think is the F1?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I don't have the shows recorded, and my memory could be faulty about this ... but just thinking about how Brad kept giving clues pointing to Emily as F1. For example, when he told her she would get a HTD, and in that conversation which included, I think, Emily saying that she didn't introduce men she was dating to little Ricki. Then Brad told her he was going to give her a rose so she needed to make whatever phone calls were necessary because he was going to Charlotte and wanted to meet Ricki. Seems like that struck me at the time as more than a little bossy and controlling. What if Emily had said Brad could meet her parents but meeting Ricki would have to come later? Would Brad have let her go, or have been upset with her? I don't recall Emily replying at all, as if she would just acquiesce to whatever Brad wanted.
    No telling but it was very important for him to meet her. She obviously understood and all worked out well.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Brad did not say it this way. Emily expressed hesitancy and said she was concerned about protecting Ricki but, also knew that he couldn't propose without meeting her child. She told him these are the things that worry her and stress her out. SHe said she wasn't sure what to do. She then asked Brad what they were going to do. Brad, then told her he could see she was stressed and didn't want her to be. He told her he would like to meet Ricki. He also didn't her to be stressed. So, he told her that she was definitely getting a rose at the RC. Therefore, she didn't have to be stressed about that. And she could have the extra time, if she decided to have him meet Ricki or anyone else, to go ahead and start making the calls that all the girls with HTD have to make to setup their HTD's. He wasn't being bossy or controlling. He was trying to make things as easy as possible for her to relieve her stress and hopefully make the decision to allow him to meet Ricki. He still wasn't sure she was going to let him do so for sure on her HTD.

Yes and he was one thrilled man!! So fun to watch the two/three of them.
    I did see when Emily met Ricki in the park before Brad came she was so happy to see her little girl but she did not get all musy out of control in front of the cameras ( true we don't know if she had already seen her)?
    Se was very sincere but more reserved and I think that is the way she is. I have not doubt that these two r in love!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Brad did not say it this way. Emily expressed hesitancy and said she was concerned about protecting Ricki but, also knew that he couldn't propose without meeting her child. She told him these are the things that worry her and stress her out. SHe said she wasn't sure what to do. She then asked Brad what they were going to do. Brad, then told her he could see she was stressed and didn't want her to be. He told her he would like to meet Ricki. He also didn't her to be stressed. So, he told her that she was definitely getting a rose at the RC. Therefore, she didn't have to be stressed about that. And she could have the extra time, if she decided to have him meet Ricki or anyone else, to go ahead and start making the calls that all the girls with HTD have to make to setup their HTD's. He wasn't being bossy or controlling. He was trying to make things as easy as possible for her to relieve her stress and hopefully make the decision to allow him to meet Ricki. He still wasn't sure she was going to let him do so for sure on her HTD.
    If anyone worked anyone during this show ~ it was Emily in that scene with Brad. 'I don't know, what are we going to do about it'? As she coyly smiles at him. One thing I will never believe, is that Emily went on the show thinking she would not make it to the HTD's. She had already involved Ricki for her taped *introduction* at the beginning of the show. Having one other individual involved (Mr. Brad) during the taping of the HTD segment would not have been any more traumatic than the first event. She herself said she left enough gifts for Ricki for the entire time she might be gone. Which was a long time btw.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    If anyone worked anyone during this show ~ it was Emily in that scene with Brad. 'I don't know, what are we going to do about it'? As she coyly smiles at him. One thing I will never believe, is that Emily went on the show thinking she would not make it to the HTD's. She had already involved Ricki for her taped *introduction* at the beginning of the show. Having one other individual involved (Mr. Brad) during the taping of the HTD segment would not have been any more traumatic than the first event. She herself said she left enough gifts for Ricki for the entire time she might be gone. Which was a long time btw.
    ITA! And she did work him... Let's see, on the show, she seemed very confident with him dating other women. Never a lot of drama about it. But wait, the cameras go away and we hear that she (if she is F1) is giving him problems every Tuesday?? Huh? Talk about a 180, cuz she sure as heck did NOT present herself like that during the show.

Quote Originally Posted by eepsuel View Post
    ITA! And she did work him... Let's see, on the show, she seemed very confident with him dating other women. Never a lot of drama about it. But wait, the cameras go away and we hear that she (if she is F1) is giving him problems every Tuesday?? Huh? Talk about a 180, cuz she sure as heck did NOT present herself like that during the show.
    I guess it just might be hard to see the man you love and who says he loves you too "fully immersing himself in the process" :p
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

It's one thing to know (logically) that he's dating other women. It's totally different when your heart is now fully engaged and to actually see it. That would be difficult for anyone I would think. I stated somewhere else that many actors/actresses say their husbands/wives have a difficult time watching them in romantic scenes.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Fan

To just logic and tbamom --> I don't disagree. But she knew he was dating, and even had to see the girls' reactions when they would arrive home from a date, etc. Don't get me wrong, it would be harder to SEE it (on Monday nights) -- but do you really think it is *that much harder* where she does a complete 180? Sorry, I have a hard time swallowing that.

The thing is, I would be terrible in her shoes every Monday night, so I completely get that -- however, imo, there is no doubt that Emily "on-screen" is 80% phony. Her off-screen actions scream REAL to me, her on-screen actions seem very false, and quite often.

To just logic and tbamom --> I don't disagree. But she knew he was dating, and even had to see the girls' reactions when they would arrive home from a date, etc. Don't get me wrong, it would be harder to SEE it (on Monday nights) -- but do you really think it is *that much harder* where she does a complete 180? Sorry, I have a hard time swallowing that.

The thing is, I would be terrible in her shoes every Monday night, so I completely get that -- however, imo, there is no doubt that Emily "on-screen" is 80% phony. Her off-screen actions scream REAL to me, her on-screen actions seem very false, and quite often.
    80%? You're a much nicer and more optimistic person than me.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    80%? You're a much nicer and more optimistic person than me.
    I was trying to "not" ruffle feathers. Lol, I'm not an Emily hater, (I am a single mom, so I *wanted so badly* to adore her) -- but I just don't see anything real there!

Even just the little things (single moms almost never have gorgeous nails, we're too busy playing/working with our kids!). Don't get me wrong, it is not about the nails... it is about the overall presentation of her, her story, and the overplayed pity card.

I was trying to "not" ruffle feathers. Lol, I'm not an Emily hater, (I am a single mom, so I *wanted so badly* to adore her) -- but I just don't see anything real there!

Even just the little things (single moms almost never have gorgeous nails, we're too busy playing/working with our kids!). Don't get me wrong, it is not about the nails... it is about the overall presentation of her, her story, and the overplayed pity card.
    Lol well, she doesn't have anything else to do in the house but paint her nails! No kid, housework, etc.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."