Thread: Who do you think is the F1?

Re: Who do you think is the F1?

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl View Post
    As a parent myself, you explain all situations in terms that a child can understand. I remember many being furious that Brad would allow his young son to be shown on not one, but two reality dating shows. According to a family member that posted here, Ty was not affected in any negative way by appearing on the shows. He was evidently not affected in a negative way by the year of extremely unpleasant public scrutiny directed at his father or by the resulting media event that was his father's wedding.

If young Ty can thrive in such an environment for 3 years of his life, surely Ricki can thrive in a much more positive situation. Both children had and will have the support of loving families to keep their lives as normal as possible.
    For me it's not a question of the child being on TV or not. It's a question of getting engaged to someone, who lives in another state, and who your child (and family) barely knows, and how wise a move that is for the child.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    For me it's not a question of the child being on TV or not. It's a question of getting engaged to someone, who lives in another state, and who your child (and family) barely knows, and how wise a move that is for the child.
    I completely agree with this

Jason got engaged to Melissa at the end of his show and she had only met Ty once and Jason had never met her parents. It didn't work out but I don't see what the big problem is. It's Emily and Brad's life and if they are happy and in love and felt it was right to get engaged than good for them
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    Jason got engaged to Melissa at the end of his show and she had only met Ty once and Jason had never met her parents. It didn't work out but I don't see what the big problem is. It's Emily and Brad's life and if they are happy and in love and felt it was right to get engaged than good for them
    And Jason and Melissa were engaged for all of 6 weeks, maybe less, when reality set in. I doubt Ty even knew Daddy was engaged so no harm done. And Jason never had to start thinking about moving Ty away from all of his family, as Emily will need to do.

Getting engaged to someone you date on a reality show after 8 weeks is frivolous. Parents of small children probably shouldn't be acting frivolously when said children will be affected. We'll see how this works out.

FORT Fan

Until the finale airs, all of this is simply a discussion of "what ifs". Based on what we have learned of Emily from her appearance on this show, posts by those that know her and what the Hendricks have said about her in the media, she is a wonderful mother. I have to presume that she will continue to make good decisions that are in the best interest of Ricki as she has always done in the past.

If Brad chooses to pursue a long term relationship leading to marriage, surely he will take things slowly - as he stated he wants to do and has done on the show. At least with Emily.

As to our single dad and his proposal to his original F1, cute little Ty was a part of all that excitement. Didn't he even get to jump into the pool with daddy and future step mommy?

I think I'll just sit back and enjoy this very entertaining show for now. I'll hold off on any predictions of how little Ricki will deal with any potential moves to Texas for awhile.

And Jason and Melissa were engaged for all of 6 weeks, maybe less, when reality set in. I doubt Ty even knew Daddy was engaged so no harm done. And Jason never had to start thinking about moving Ty away from all of his family, as Emily will need to do.

Getting engaged to someone you date on a reality show after 8 weeks is frivolous. Parents of small children probably shouldn't be acting frivolously when said children will be affected. We'll see how this works out.
    I doubt very much that Emily is going to pack up little Ricki right after the ATFR and move her to Austin. I bet they will take their time kind of like Jason and Molly. She is going to let Ricki get to know and interact with Brad before she ups and moves her all the way to Austin. As far as Emily taking Ricki away from her family she has known her whole life Emily did move to Nashville for awhile and took Ricki with her. Agian I don't see what the big deal is it is Emily's and Brad's life and there choics to make not mine. I don't think moving Ricki is going to harm her in anyway
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

I doubt very much that Emily is going to pack up little Ricki right after the ATFR and move her to Austin. I bet they will take their time kind of like Jason and Molly. She is going to let Ricki get to know and interact with Brad before she ups and moves her all the way to Austin. As far as Emily taking Ricki away from her family she has known her whole life Emily did move to Nashville for awhile and took Ricki with her. Agian I don't see what the big deal is it is Emily's and Brad's life and there choics to make not mine. I don't think moving Ricki is going to harm her in anyway
    I doubt it as well. I'm just surprised that, if she is F1, Emily even went so far as to go along with the "questionable" engagement, considering her situation and what has appeared to be her level-headedness throughout. And in the realm of the difficulties all Bachelor-born relationships have surviving, adding in the complexities that come from putting a small child in the mix is not helping the odds any.

Anybody know why Emily's move to Nashville was shortlived BTW?

FORT Fogey

I think we all know that it's Emily's and Brad's choice to make (assuming Emily is F1), just as it's Brad's choice to make which woman he chooses. We still all gather here to discuss our opinions, though. That's the point of FORT. Re the bolded, I don't know how anyone can say that except Ricki's mother. We don't know the child or how attached she is to her extended family.

I doubt it as well. I'm just surprised that, if she is F1, Emily even went so far as to go along with the "questionable" engagement, considering her situation and what has appeared to be her level-headedness throughout. And in the realm of the difficulties all Bachelor-born relationships have surviving, adding in the complexities that come from putting a small child in the mix is not helping the odds any.

Anybody know why Emily's move to Nashville was shortlived BTW?
    What I think is interesting is that Ohse7en seems to be having a difficult
    time wrapping her head around this as well! Seems curious, no?
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Regular

I have to say that the majority of us do not know these women or how or why they make their decisions. Like I always say, to each thy own.

It seems that some would rather not have parents on the show, but let's be realistic because single parenthood is part of this real life. Outside of this show, life happens and people find love and also get their hearts broken.

I'm also sensing between the lines a little bit of double standard. Earlier, others stated the sentiment that if Emily was not F1 why not let her go and be at home with her child and some said why was Emily so important to spare hurt feelings. Isn't it the same woman with the child that is being drag through all this.