Thread: Who do you think is the F1?

Re: Who do you think is the F1?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy View Post
    Definitely not conceding either. Brad sounds like he is with Chantal from his interviews. Chantal seems happy in her vlogs. And from what I've seen with my eyes, they are in love. Their closeness is far above what I've seen with anyone else. Their conversations and projection to the future is also above what I've seen. I believe BF when he says the love story will be in front of you. And Brad and Chantal's is. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I am with Branny all the way.
    Me too, Luvvy, Sweetpea, & Nibbles. The only problem I have if we're wrong is I haven't seen the love story where at least with Roberto last season you could go back and see it even though a lot was taken out. If it's Emily then it seems like everything except Brad's PI's have been edited out.

FORT Newbie

First, sorry for the length of this post but I have to say it. Okay, I honestly think that if Emily really is F1 and they are engaged, this will be the first truly shocking ending for me. I just don’t see how she accepts a proposal at the end. I’ve stayed out of the Emily as mother and if Brad can be dad debates, but it’s disclosure time - I’m a young widow with twins, my husband died suddenly and tragically when I was 23 and my boys were only 2 months old (they're 7 now). As someone who can relate to Emily’s life circumstances (minus the billionaire in-laws and fame), I can’t in a million years imagine accepting a proposal by the end of the show. He would be taking on the father role in practical ways on a daily basis, when nobody else in their life has EVER had that role and they are not used to it being filled - they’ve never had dad teaching them to ride a bike, they’ve never had any other voice of discipline on the daily, and on and on. You’re not just adding a step dad to a family, you are adding an everyday ‘dad’ for the very first time. Sure they have grandpa's and uncles who are positive male influences, but it’s different. It just is. And I don’t see how it happens this quickly because it’s too serious.

So now we have Brad and Emily that have known each other 2 or 3 months, have been on 5 individual dates and 3 group dates (by the end of the show), he’s met her daughter once, and I’m to believe that she is going to get engaged? I think she’s been too serious and thoughtful about how Ricki is affected for that. This would be a huge deal, and not something to be rushed. Since she’s been reluctant to even let him meet Ricki, and in the previews sounds reluctant to stay in the FS, this tells me that she’s not as swept up in the Bachelor mind f**k and is firmly rooted in her real world life. Even when she eventually caves to the process she still takes things slowly with him, which I think is her being cautious because she's thinking of the implications for her and Ricki's life.

I admit that I get caught up in the editing and in rooting for my fav (Chantal in my case), and I’ve posted a few times that RS might be wrong and Em might be the one. But when I take a step back and think about this realistically, I just don’t see how she gets to that place. Let's remember that this happens over only a few months with 24 other girls involved, so it's not like she's even been exclusive with Brad for that time. I can't believe she feels comfortable enough at this point to be engaged and bring him into Ricki's life in a very real way. Again, it's just too serious. And I assume she'd take an engagement seriously since she said she couldn't accept unless Ricki approved. Two weeks before a proposal she introduced him as a new friend, and I don’t for a minute believe that the next time she’s introducing Brad to Ricki is as her fiance. I just don’t.

Screen caps, editing, media interviews/blogs, and spoilers from very credible source aside - I really can’t see how a proposal is happening in the real world. I fully accept that everyone moves forward in their own way/pace, and I might be wrong because I’m projecting my own experience on her. But Iíll be truly shocked if Brad and Emily are engaged at the end of this. Going to duck for cover now.

Quote Originally Posted by allykat View Post
    .... But Iíll be truly shocked if Brad and Emily are engaged at the end of this. Going to duck for cover now.
    It seems doomed to me too, but what do I know.

Thanks for the insight, Alleykat. I hadn't got so far to consider that but you're right. Emily doesn't strike me as someone who would put her daughter in that kind of risk emotionally or even herself in such a short time. I don't see an engagement because even if they treated it as a beginning more than a true engagement as some of the previous couples have done, how do you explain that to your daughter? You can say that Jason did but look how well that worked out.

FORT Fogey

First, sorry for the length of this post but I have to say it. Okay, I honestly think that if Emily really is F1 and they are engaged, this will be the first truly shocking ending for me. I just don’t see how she accepts a proposal at the end. I’ve stayed out of the Emily as mother and if Brad can be dad debates, but it’s disclosure time - I’m a young widow with twins, my husband died suddenly and tragically when I was 23 and my boys were only 2 months old (they're 7 now). As someone who can relate to Emily’s life circumstances (minus the billionaire in-laws and fame), I can’t in a million years imagine accepting a proposal by the end of the show. He would be taking on the father role in practical ways on a daily basis, when nobody else in their life has EVER had that role and they are not used to it being filled - they’ve never had dad teaching them to ride a bike, they’ve never had any other voice of discipline on the daily, and on and on. You’re not just adding a step dad to a family, you are adding an everyday ‘dad’ for the very first time. Sure they have grandpa's and uncles who are positive male influences, but it’s different. It just is. And I don’t see how it happens this quickly because it’s too serious.

So now we have Brad and Emily that have known each other 2 or 3 months, have been on 5 individual dates and 3 group dates (by the end of the show), he’s met her daughter once, and I’m to believe that she is going to get engaged? I think she’s been too serious and thoughtful about how Ricki is affected for that. This would be a huge deal, and not something to be rushed. Since she’s been reluctant to even let him meet Ricki, and in the previews sounds reluctant to stay in the FS, this tells me that she’s not as swept up in the Bachelor mind f**k and is firmly rooted in her real world life. Even when she eventually caves to the process she still takes things slowly with him, which I think is her being cautious because she's thinking of the implications for her and Ricki's life.

I admit that I get caught up in the editing and in rooting for my fav (Chantal in my case), and I’ve posted a few times that RS might be wrong and Em might be the one. But when I take a step back and think about this realistically, I just don’t see how she gets to that place. Let's remember that this happens over only a few months with 24 other girls involved, so it's not like she's even been exclusive with Brad for that time. I can't believe she feels comfortable enough at this point to be engaged and bring him into Ricki's life in a very real way. Again, it's just too serious. And I assume she'd take an engagement seriously since she said she couldn't accept unless Ricki approved. Two weeks before a proposal she introduced him as a new friend, and I don’t for a minute believe that the next time she’s introducing Brad to Ricki is as her fiance. I just don’t.

Screen caps, editing, media interviews/blogs, and spoilers from very credible source aside - I really can’t see how a proposal is happening in the real world. I fully accept that everyone moves forward in their own way/pace, and I might be wrong because I’m projecting my own experience on her. But I’ll be truly shocked if Brad and Emily are engaged at the end of this. Going to duck for cover now.
    No need to duck! I'm sure I'm not the only one here who agrees with you. It just doesn't make sense to me that Emily would get engaged so quickly ... and even just a few months after the show is quickly, very quickly for a protective young mom whose life, and the life of her child, would change drastically if engaged to man who would need them to move out of state.

Everybody talks about Emily needing to get Ricki's approval, but how difficult is it to get a 5-year-old to like you? Take her on fun outings, act sweet and attentive, give her presents = instant approval. A 5-year-old isn't analytical about people and doesn't see subtleties. I would think that the Hendricks family's approval might be more difficult to win. After all, that is their precious grandchild, the only offspring of their beloved tragically killed son. Should Brad and Emily actually get close to marriage, that grandchild would be moving to Texas, and they would be missing out on much of her life. Would they approve so quickly? How about Emily's own parents, too?

She's not a kid, but she IS pretty young, and apparently has had only one real relationship in her life before Brad, and that was when she was a teenager. Does she have the experience to know this is the man for her? She spoke about how men she has dated after Ricky's death thought her life and history were too much to handle. Then here comes this guy on a game show who is so smitten with her that he seems not to be discouraged by such things, so she jumps at the first chance she's had? She's gorgeous and sweet; of course a man would be smitten with her. How much of a chance has she given herself to date and really look around for a good guy? (Not saying Brad isn't a good guy, just that he's not the only one.) If Emily is indeed the F1, I hope they don't rush into anything and give themself time to see if they really are a good fit, given each other's lives and priorities.

Screen caps, editing, media interviews/blogs, and spoilers from very credible source aside - I really can’t see how a proposal is happening in the real world. I fully accept that everyone moves forward in their own way/pace, and I might be wrong because I’m projecting my own experience on her. But I’ll be truly shocked if Brad and Emily are engaged at the end of this. Going to duck for cover now.
    No need to duck at all, allykat, you have beautifully stated what I and many others think as well. And I totally agree that Emily seemed (and her daily phonecalls to her daughter probably helped) to be more level-headed and realistic about the absurdity of the "process" than some of the other women, who have definitely succumbed to the "mindf**k". Even if she accepted the idea of an engagement, as some do, knowing it's not serious (Jillian, for example), she still has to consider the implications of that for her child in the real world. It's extemely complicated being in her situation; for example, how are they handling seeing each other now? Does Ricki know? Do she and Brad speak on the phone at all? Jason did it the right way ultimately, but not after first trying twice to do it the wrong way, and still, his situation was easier, because his child wasn't going to be moving. Hate to be Debbie Downer, but I just don't see this ending well unless they move verrrry slowly. And an insta-engagement isn't a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    Thanks for the insight, Alleykat. I hadn't got so far to consider that but you're right. Emily doesn't strike me as someone who would put her daughter in that kind of risk emotionally or even herself in such a short time. I don't see an engagement because even if they treated it as a beginning more than a true engagement as some of the previous couples have done, how do you explain that to your daughter? You can say that Jason did but look how well that worked out.
    Emily has mentiond twice during the show the one being engaged to Brad at the end of this. So I think an engagement is very likely
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways View Post
    Emily has mentiond twice during the show the one being engaged to Brad at the end of this. So I think an engagement is very likely
    I don't remember that, but if the mother of a shy 5-year-old who has never had a father said she wanted to immediately be engaged to a guy she has only had a few private dates with on a game show, then I have to say I think she is young and foolish!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    As a parent myself, you explain all situations in terms that a child can understand. I remember many being furious that Brad would allow his young son to be shown on not one, but two reality dating shows. According to a family member that posted here, Ty was not affected in any negative way by appearing on the shows. He was evidently not affected in a negative way by the year of extremely unpleasant public scrutiny directed at his father or by the resulting media event that was his father's wedding.

If young Ty can thrive in such an environment for 3 years of his life, surely Ricki can thrive in a much more positive situation. Both children had and will have the support of loving families to keep their lives as normal as possible.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl View Post
    As a parent myself, you explain all situations in terms that a child can understand. I remember many being furious that Brad would allow his young son to be shown on not one, but two reality dating shows. According to a family member that posted here, Ty was not affected in any negative way by appearing on the shows. He was evidently not affected in a negative way by the year of extremely unpleasant public scrutiny directed at his father or by the resulting media event that was his father's wedding.

If young Ty can thrive in such an environment for 3 years of his life, surely Ricki can thrive in a much more positive situation. Both children had and will have the support of loving families to keep their lives as normal as possible.
    I dont see it as the same. Ty did not have to move away from the extended family he had known and loved all his life, and who loved him.