Thread: Who do you think is the F1?

Re: Who do you think is the F1?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    We used to have fan favorites win. As Sweetpea mentioned above, Jen Shefft was definitely the fan favorite that season. I doubt Kristen had many fans. I'm pretty sure Tessa was the fan favorite, but Bevin did have a good number of fans. There were others, too.

ETA: As I was thinking of other seasons, I went way back to the very first season. I didn't even know about boards like this back then (if they existed), but I would have to believe the F2, Trista, was the fan favorite. Amanda came off kinda sleazy, so I doubt she was favored by very many.
    I do believe that they changed the edit when they began recycling so that fan favorites don't generally win, because it leads organically into using the rejected one for the next season, knowing that person will be coming with a built in large fan base. As you said, Kirsten didn't have many fans, so who would have wanted to root for her to find love the next year? But it didn't matter, because back then, this wasn't the formula they used.

I think every year, they hope to be able to show one of the finalists as "good" and one as "bad", because that dichotomy always makes for the best story, but there is only so much they can do with editing if both finalists only show positive sides, like last season with Roberto and Chris (hard to villainize a nice guy like Roberto). However, ever since they saw how much attention the show got when they had a real shocking ending (Brad v.1), they still edit to mislead viewers into thinking the lead is picking the other person. This has been done every season starting with Deanna's (except for Jason's, when he himself pulled his own post filming "fake-out" early on in the editing process, thus creating the "shock" organically), and in each case, the rejected one could also have been considered the fan favorite, while the chosen one was definitely not.
    Last edited by ironcat; 02-26-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I do believe that they changed the edit when they began recycling so that fan favorites don't generally win, because it leads organically into using the rejected one for the next season, knowing that person will be coming with a built in large fan base. As you said, Kirsten didn't have many fans, so who would have wanted to root for her to find love the next year? But it didn't matter, because back then, this wasn't the formula they used.

I think every year, they hope to be able to show one of the finalists as "good" and one as "bad", because that dichotomy always makes for the best story, but there is only so much they can do with editing if both finalists only show positive sides, like last season with Roberto and Chris (hard to villainize a nice guy like Roberto). However, ever since they saw how much attention the show got when they had a real shocking ending (Brad v.1), they still edit to mislead viewers into thinking the lead is picking the other person. This has been done every season starting with Deanna's (except for Jason's, when he himself pulled his own post filming "fake-out" early on in the editing process, thus creating the "shock" organically), and in each case, the rejected one could also have been considered the fan favorite, while the chosen one was definitely not.
    For Jason I can't remember the timing of end of filming and the start of the season airing. I do remember Jason changing tune during his media interviews that aired during the show. Do you think they did a massive re-edit job on the back end of that season to make Melissa the fave once they knew that Jason and Melissa were no more?
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!

Not sure where to post this but at jokers there are finally some videos of both the final two. I tried so hard not to fall this time but Brad and Emily what you mean to me made me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2 View Post
    Not sure where to post this but at jokers there are finally some videos of both the final two. I tried so hard not to fall this time but Brad and Emily what you mean to me made me cry.
    I made one of the brantal ones

Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL View Post
    For Jason I can't remember the timing of end of filming and the start of the season airing. I do remember Jason changing tune during his media interviews that aired during the show. Do you think they did a massive re-edit job on the back end of that season to make Melissa the fave once they knew that Jason and Melissa were no more?
    IIRC, Jason came to producers in early January about having changed his mind, so only the first or second episode had aired by then. They certainly had time to tweak the edit at that point, to make sure that Melissa was shown very favorably and was also clearly the front runner (which she was in reality, according to Jason during filming), and more importantly perhaps, Molly was shown in a more negative light, as overly aggressive, competitive, and not really bonding with the other women, which wasn't true. I do think if Molly had remained F2 (and we know they planned to approach her for the next Bachelorette), they would have edited her more sympathetically.

I can't say for sure if they did change the edit once they knew Jason's plans, but I do remember that Melissa was barely even on the first episode, so maybe they did initially intend to hide her more than they ended up doing.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2 View Post
    Is this a quote from the video or your thoughts. I don't get it.
    ETA:Never mind- I saw what you were talking about. I was thinking it was previews or something. They are the musical montages. I know lot's of people love them, I avoid them like the plague at least until after the AFTR airs. They are so biased. You can find sc's and put them to touching music to just about anything to make it look like something it may not have been.
    Last edited by reality-luv31; 02-26-2011 at 12:34 PM.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by freetobe View Post
    & maybe that is the thought process that TPTB are counting on that nothing ever changes & it just can't be.

Don't be so sure that things have not been changed up this season. Everyone is just to far comfortable & familar with how for many years things have been done.
    is this not a season about change for Brad also?

Heehee! Well, the person that is most comfortable with how things have been done all these years is Fleiss (along with Hilton and other TPTB). He's the one that is profitting from it. If it ain't broke, why fix it?
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    ITA! How can a man turn down a girl like Jenni and expect to be able to date anyone 3 years later. Damn him. If he's going to date again, God help his new partner have no redeeming qualities.
    What I meant is they're are too good for him... They deserve better IMO

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    ITA! How can a man turn down a girl like Jenni and expect to be able to date anyone 3 years later. Damn him. If he's going to date again, God help his new partner have no redeeming qualities.
    OH she does...Sounds like you are defending his gal..Good for you..Its getting pretty heated...

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Too funny!

Brad had to turn down 29 women during the filming of this show. Some, and maybe most, of these women are awesome. They're just not the one for Brad. Doesn't mean they aren't perfect for somebody else. And look how Jenni's life turned out! I'm sure she's now glad Brad turned her down. And the 29 women Brad had to let go will one day, if not already, end up happy the way things turned out.
    Jenni is just a doll.... so pretty in person!