Thread: Who do you think is the F1?

Re: Who do you think is the F1?

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking View Post
    When you have Ryan Seacrest and other media outlets declaring Chantal as the "winner" - I am not really sure how it can be disputed that the general audience is not THAT spoiler free. Read message boards, twitter, facebook -- you will see that everyone "knows" its Chantal and those who do not are often quickly brought up to speed.

As for Emily, I think its human to want to root for her and want her to win because of her back-story but I think you can do that and still be aware that Chantal "won". And who would be surprised by Chantal winning? I don't think anyone would be. I think Emily supporters would be sad but not "shocked".

What I don't get however why the tragic story and the fact that people are rooting for Emily, makes her an automatic default to F2 (because its like Chris). So because people are rooting for her it means that she can't be the winner, huh?! If the "spoilers" said Emily won people would still be rooting for her, wouldn't they? Yes, she is the general fan favorite but to say that it has any baring on the outcome is just silly to me.
    You have said it much better than I ever could...Thank-You

Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL View Post
    Every preview of every Brad/Emily date or interaction on every episode has always without fail suggested conflict, impasse or some sort of struggle. Their chemistry has not been obvious because of Brad's awkward demeanor around her. By contrast Chantal's previews/dates have been on the whole hot and positive with the exception of her meltdowns in Vegas and Anguilla. I see they are doing the same with the previews of the FD's. Chantal's suggesting they get married there and then and Emily is seen to be doubtful of accepting the FD. I assume going by the SCs of the LCD, Brad and Emily are going to be "struggling" again. How Emily can be seen as the front runner by the general public is beyond me. ETA: My 12 yr old thinks Chantal is the winner.
    You said it perfectly, twin

I watch with unspoiled friends who thought that Shawntel was the best natural fit for him based on what we see. For as much as they love Emily, they were distracted by the "awkwardness" and all the "stuff" they had to overcome.

And still Emily is there. And Brad is still trying.

At this point, on the show, both girls are miles ahead of Ashley. It's very obvious that he has a connection with both Chantal and Emily. It's just a question of which one and which role and which life Brad really, truly wants. The only person on this board who 100% knows Brad and his desires is BabyfaceC (thanks for your posts!). The rest of us are just speculating based on the clues, and at this point, we can easily make a case for either girl to be his girl. Regarding the media, the blogs, the exit interviews, etc., could it be that their main goal is massive confusion?

We have two scenarios:
    1. Chantal is F1. If Chantal is F1 and it was spoiled as soon as the show wrapped, then perhaps Fleiss' team decided that they'd throw in doubt. If the show's ending was known, then no one would watch. They need ratings. To insure an audience by providing doubt, they cut the show in a way that a) limited any Brantal connection until episode 3 and b) then gave Chantal a less-than-complimentary edit. They'd highlight Emily from epi 1 and give her this awkward edit with Brad, so that we'd be persuaded into thinking it was Emily, not Chantal, as F1.

Here's what gives me pause about that theory: Jake's season. Jake wasn't this huge favorite, and during week 1, RS spoiled the entire season (with a few inaccuracies). Most everyone on the boards accepted that Vienna was the F1 complete with her horrible edit and the tabloid smearing. They didn't do anything really to make us doubt that except 1. have Jake be evasive in interviews about if he ended up with someone 2. have several of the girls suggest that Tenley was his F1 though most of the girls saw the Vienna connection. No one made as strong a statement as both Michelle and Shawntel did, "I think he was already in love with Emily."

2. Emily is F1. If Brad did fall in love with Emily, and she loved him back, then this ending will be HUGE. Not only did Brad "I-leave-two-girls-at-the-podium-I'm-a-commitmentphobe-unless-it's-Laurel" Womack fall in love with someone, BUT he fell in love with the single mom who has this very tragic backstory. That is HUGE! Like, as -big-as-Mr. O's-statue-huge for this show. No lead has ever chosen a single parent. If that were the case, they'd majorly protect that ending. They'd falsely feed spoilers to all sources that Chantal--"the girl who slapped him"--is his F1 and Emily is the F2/Bach'ette prospect. They edit the show to high heavens, flip-flopping the girls between F1/F2 each week. The exit interviews are all over the place though they all talk about his connection with Chantal and Emily. Brad's blogs are Emily-centric, but Chris H. talks non-stop about the issues in their relationship. Brad uses words to describe his F1 that seem to only suggest Chantal. Most of the recent exit-interviews highlight Emily as his choice.
    I'd even suggest that the "last minute switch" for the Bach'ette was part of the plan.

Confused yet?

Both scenarios are possible but which one is it? We'll know in three weeks!

P.S. Nowhere in the Extra interview does Chris say he was "shocked" by the ending. He did say that Brad chose the person that was "best choice for him." Maybe he was shocked that he chose someone given his track record, but he's not shocked by his F1.
    Last edited by veg_out; 02-26-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

When you have Ryan Seacrest and other media outlets declaring Chantal as the "winner" - I am not really sure how it can be disputed that the general audience is not THAT spoiler free. Because of the technology age we live in, its really impossible NOT to get the info even when you aren't looking for it. Read message boards, twitter, facebook -- you will see that everyone "knows" its Chantal and those who do not are often quickly brought up to speed.

As for Emily, I think its human to want to root for her and want her to win because of her back-story but I think you can do that and still be aware that Chantal "won". And who would be surprised by Chantal winning? I don't think anyone would be. I think Emily supporters would be sad but not "shocked".

What I don't get however why the tragic story and the fact that people are rooting for Emily, makes her an automatic default to F2 (because its like Chris). So because people are rooting for her it means that she can't be the winner, huh?! If the "spoilers" said Emily won people would still be rooting for her, wouldn't they? Yes, she is the general fan favorite but to say that it has any baring on the outcome is just silly to me.
    I didn't think people were saying that being a fan favorite means she's F2. Maybe somebody is. It would follow Chris L's edit, to be sure. But in the past F2 was often not liked as well as F1. That may have been before they started recycling leads.

I will say this just because it's out there doesn't mean some people pay attention to it...I just keep going back to the ladies I work with NONE of them I repeat NONE of them read about the bachelor before Monday night show they ask so what is it going to be about tonight? What should we look for? etc.....They are just Monday night watchers and could care less about it the rest of the week.....I think it's silly that they don't want to or care to be spoiled because I can't watch a taped show w/o wanting to know the end.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I didn't think people were saying that being a fan favorite means she's F2. Maybe somebody is. It would follow Chris L's edit, to be sure. But in the past F2 was often not liked as well as F1. That may have been before they started recycling leads.
    I agree. I was trying to say "fan favourite" just meant the person a great deal of the viewing audience likes the best and hopes will be the F1. It doesn't necessarily mean they are the F2. Jenn Sheft was the fan favourite and the F1. Melissa was too, although technically she was the F2. I really don't think we can read too much into placement by edit any more. As others have said, look at Vienna. She was pretty much universally despised and she was the F1, although frankly I think TPTB hated both her and Jake and basically just threw in the towel on that one.

When you have Ryan Seacrest and other media outlets declaring Chantal as the "winner" - I am not really sure how it can be disputed that the general audience is not THAT spoiler free. Because of the technology age we live in, its really impossible NOT to get the info even when you aren't looking for it. Read message boards, twitter, facebook -- you will see that everyone "knows" its Chantal and those who do not are often quickly brought up to speed.

but IF Emily was the F1... she wouldn't have gotten the edit she did and Chantal as F2 wouldn't have gotten the crying, emotional edit and the general public would all be adoring Chantal... it's just the way it is
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    but IF Emily was the F1... she wouldn't have gotten the edit she did and Chantal as F2 wouldn't have gotten the crying, emotional edit and the general public would all be adoring Chantal... it's just the way it is
    & maybe that is the thought process that TPTB are counting on that nothing ever changes & it just can't be.

Don't be so sure that things have not been changed up this season. Everyone is just to far comfortable & familar with how for many years things have been done.

is this not a season about change for Brad also?

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    We won't know until the end. Technically, the fan favorite usually gets the boot at F3. Since Jake's season, the fan fave has been F2: see Tenley and Chris.

Just as we've never seen a single parent as the winner, we've never had a fan favorite win either. It could happen.

Perhaps RS and the spoilers are correct. Chantal is getting the Vienna edit and Emily the Tenley edit, and we're all left to cheer that we can trust RS again.

I'd say, though, that doubt still exists, and we'll probs still duke it out until the finale.
    We used to have fan favorites win. As Sweetpea mentioned above, Jen Shefft was definitely the fan favorite that season. I doubt Kristen had many fans. I'm pretty sure Tessa was the fan favorite, but Bevin did have a good number of fans. There were others, too.

ETA: As I was thinking of other seasons, I went way back to the very first season. I didn't even know about boards like this back then (if they existed), but I would have to believe the F2, Trista, was the fan favorite. Amanda came off kinda sleazy, so I doubt she was favored by very many.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 02-26-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    We used to have fan favorites win. As Sweetpea mentioned above, Jen Shefft was definitely the fan favorite that season. I doubt Kristen had many fans. I'm pretty sure Tessa was the fan favorite, but Bevin did have a good number of fans. There were others, too.
    Thanks for this update! I only started watching during Jill's season

Quote Originally Posted by freetobe View Post
    & maybe that is the thought process that TPTB are counting on that nothing ever changes & it just can't be.

Don't be so sure that things have not been changed up this season. Everyone is just to far comfortable & familar with how for many years things have been done.

is this not a season about change for Brad also?
    Very good point! We got a glimpse of things being changed around last season. They know what we have come to expect and are very able if they wanted to change things up.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches