Thread: Who do you think is the F1?

  1. #1971
    FORT Fogey luvlady345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Re: Who do you think is the F1?

    Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    Thats what I am saying too..HOW does the statement Emily is the FAN favorite come in?? Heck every single media outlet says Chantal..Even in interviews such as MEEANA Tenley Keptyn etc..say its Chantal..
    Because Emily is liked more by the general public..Even with the girls I work with, when I posted earlier in the season that alot of them didn't see Emily's connection with Brad they still want her to be his F1, because they thought she deserve to have a fairytale ending because of her edit/back story.....

  2. #1972
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    287

    Re: Who do you think is the F1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinidae View Post
    Finally decided to come out of lurkdome. The gears in my head have been turning the past few days as to who is F1 and I’m just as confused as the next person, but I have a theory. I don’t think I’ve seen this one out here, but I may have missed it.

    While I think Brad is lucky to get either of the F2 ladies and I can see him with either one, I’m beginning to lean to Emily as F1. Here’s why…

    * Brad and Chantel’s relationship has been in our faces on the screen
    * Brad’s relationship with Emily appears awkward, stiff, and formal
    * The ladies are now watching the same edited show we are – this is the only version of the other ladies 1-on-1 dates they see, they don’t know what really happened, just like us.
    * Brad has stated that his F1 doesn’t answer his calls/text and he’s reassuring her all the time; that Monday’s are difficult. I know a lot of people feel this is Chantel based on her edited personality (emotional) versus Emily (level-headed)

    So the question I ask is why would he have to reassure Chantel? It’s her relationship that’s being shown to us. As the Brantel fans have told us over and over all the other relationships are pale in comparison. He makes comments about running away with her on her first 1-on-1. He says something along the lines of “this could happen every night” (I know that’s not the exact quote, but I don’t have time to go looking for it) when they get rained out in Costa Rica. Chantel didn’t know how the other ladies dates went, which I think is why she’s so emotional during the show and it’s understandable. So if Chantel is F1, I can see him having to reassure her during the show; however, now as the show is airing she’s seeing the edited dates just like the rest of us. I would think seeing the way the dates have been edited would be reassuring all on its own…it appears he only has eyes for Chantel.

    On the other had we have Emily. Her relationship with Brad isn’t being shown in the best light. I know the Bremily fans say they see things and that it’s all clever editing, but that’s my point. According to the edit Brad is all about Chantel not Emily. So my thought is that if anyone would need reassuring on Monday nights, it would be Emily. Think about it…You think you have this great connection with Brad only to see it edited as awkward and stiff, yet this wonderful chemistry with Chantel is being shown everywhere. If that were me, I would be thinking WTH! I would be upset and not wanting to talk to him either.

    It’s just a thought I had…my favorite was already eliminated and I enjoy both Chantel and Emily as I see parts of myself in both of them. Brad’s happy and that’s all that matters…he’s the one who has to live with his F1, not me or anyone else on this board.

    Another quick thought…in the beginning of the season RS stated that Brad and Chantel were together but didn’t know if they were engaged. Now, months later he states that they indeed did get engaged and they still are. If Chantel is F1 I’m sure she’d accept the proposal so why didn’t he know about that when he was told about everything else? Perhaps Brad didn’t propose marriage at the FRC, but instead proposed a relationship outside of the show first…who would this benefit the most? I’d say Emily.

    Sorry for the long post. I promise if I post again I’ll try not to ramble on so much. Can’t wait for March 14th so we can finally know what really happened. Thanks for reading...going back to lurking now.
    Great post...I agree 100%!
    Brad to Emily: It's real...it's definitely real.

  3. #1973
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Who do you think is the F1?

    I think the swing of the fan favorite is swayed slightly because of the leaked info about Chantal being F1. Not everyone knows, but more people are aware than usual. I keep wondering what I'd think of Chantal if I didn't know she is the rumored F1. I want to be happy with the ending, so I don't let anything potentially negative about her bother me. Or maybe they wouldn't anyway. I can relate to why she's insecure. Who wouldn't be? The guy she loves (or at least, thinks she loves) is dating other women, and, as great as their 1-1 time is, she has no idea if his 1-1 time with others isn't even better. She's seen the show before. She knows women think things are going great for them, just to go rose-less at the next RC.

  4. #1974
    FORT Fogey Tiggerlgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,641

    Re: Who do you think is the F1?

    Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    Thats what I am saying too..HOW does the statement Emily is the FAN favorite come in?? Heck every single media outlet says Chantal..Even in interviews such as MEEANA Tenley Keptyn etc..say its Chantal..
    And Shawntel, Michelle and Madison say its Emily. I can list more for each girl...it doesn't prove anything.

  5. #1975
    FORT Fogey HotMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Who do you think is the F1?

    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    Because Emily is liked more by the general public..Even with the girls I work with, when I posted earlier in the season that alot of them didn't see Emily's connection with Brad they still want her to be his F1, because they thought she deserve to have a fairytale ending because of her edit/back story.....
    I get it now..Thanks to sweetpea too...I guess she could be the fan favorite..How everyone thinks he will chose Chantal..

    I myself do like Emily alot..I do see sweet interaction between Brad and her..I have watch all of the final three dates etc again and they all three do have a nice story..I think Brad like them all VERY much but I do think he fell in LOVE with one gal..

    There is still a few things that are not answered yet..
    That picture on in fridge why Emily hasn't done any vblogs..And why RS got the whole season rose by rose details..But some we may NEVER know the answers..

  6. #1976
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,947

    Re: Who do you think is the F1?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I think the swing of the fan favorite is swayed slightly because of the leaked info about Chantal being F1. Not everyone knows, but more people are aware than usual. I keep wondering what I'd think of Chantal if I didn't know she is the rumored F1. I want to be happy with the ending, so I don't let anything potentially negative about her bother me. Or maybe they wouldn't anyway. I can relate to why she's insecure. Who wouldn't be? The guy she loves (or at least, thinks she loves) is dating other women, and, as great as their 1-1 time is, she has no idea if his 1-1 time with others isn't even better. She's seen the show before. She knows women think things are going great for them, just to go rose-less at the next RC.
    I think to the spoiled it is swayed greatly. If not spoiled, I have to doubt people would be quite so impressed with a bachelorette who walked up and slapped the Bachelor and who cries in almost every episode regardless of the hot chemistry. I tend to think there might be a lot more people vascillating between whether she is F1 or F2.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  7. #1977
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Who do you think is the F1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinidae View Post
    Another quick thought…in the beginning of the season RS stated that Brad and Chantel were together but didn’t know if they were engaged. Now, months later he states that they indeed did get engaged and they still are. If Chantel is F1 I’m sure she’d accept the proposal so why didn’t he know about that when he was told about everything else? Perhaps Brad didn’t propose marriage at the FRC, but instead proposed a relationship outside of the show first…who would this benefit the most? I’d say Emily.
    Welcome!

    Just wanted to comment that, although I'm not saying you're wrong, this doesn't necessarily point to Emily. Even though RS didn't get info right off the bat about whether or not there is an engagement doesn't mean it didn't happen at the FRC. He might not have been given that much info because nobody was giving that info out yet. The leaks are probably controlled, at least to a degree. Not to mention that even if Chantal is F1, Brad may not have proposed at the FRC, but waited a few weeks (maybe until Christmas?) to give them a little more time together.

  8. #1978
    FORT Fanatic RacingGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    At the track
    Posts
    484

    Re: Who do you think is the F1?

    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    Because Emily is liked more by the general public..Even with the girls I work with, when I posted earlier in the season that alot of them didn't see Emily's connection with Brad they still want her to be his F1, because they thought she deserve to have a fairytale ending because of her edit/back story.....
    I agree! The girls I work with feel the same way. They think Chantal is too whiney.

    I have to share that yesterday, during my lunch break, I went back to the kitchen to eat lunch. (we have reps that bring lunch to us sometimes) Well when I got back there they were taking about a mortician. One of the girls looked at me and said I bet you know what they are talking about. I asked him (the rep) if they were talking about the Bachelor. Well it turns out, they were. So I asked him who he thought Brad was into the most and he said Chantal, no doubt. This is not his exact words but he said for him, it was easy to see. He thought that although Brad may like Emily as a person, his expressions with Chantal are of a guy that that's in love.

    I just thought I would share an guys unspoiled point of view.

  9. #1979
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: Who do you think is the F1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I think to the spoiled it is swayed greatly. If not spoiled, I have to doubt people would be quite so impressed with a bachelorette who walked up and slapped the Bachelor and who cries in almost every episode regardless of the hot chemistry. I tend to think there might be a lot more people vascillating between whether she is F1 or F2.
    Oh, you are right! I definitely did not like her at the start because of that slap! Evidently I've given her a pass. But I don't know if it's because there's a good chance Brad fell in love with her, or if I honestly grew to like her personality.

    I'm still understanding of her crying. Yes, it's a little excessive, but who knows if she's had a little too much alcohol, and I can empathize with her feelings of insecurity since she can't be too sure that he's not going to break her heart. She wouldn't be the first bachelorette (or bachelor) who'd been fooled by what they thought they saw.

  10. #1980
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    832

    Re: Who do you think is the F1?

    When you have Ryan Seacrest and other media outlets declaring Chantal as the "winner" - I am not really sure how it can be disputed that the general audience is not THAT spoiler free. Because of the technology age we live in, its really impossible NOT to get the info even when you aren't looking for it. Read message boards, twitter, facebook -- you will see that everyone "knows" its Chantal and those who do not are often quickly brought up to speed.

    As for Emily, I think its human to want to root for her and want her to win because of her back-story but I think you can do that and still be aware that Chantal "won". And who would be surprised by Chantal winning? I don't think anyone would be. I think Emily supporters would be sad but not "shocked".

    What I don't get however why the tragic story and the fact that people are rooting for Emily, makes her an automatic default to F2 (because its like Chris). So because people are rooting for her it means that she can't be the winner, huh?! If the "spoilers" said Emily won people would still be rooting for her, wouldn't they? Yes, she is the general fan favorite but to say that it has any baring on the outcome is just silly to me.
    Last edited by Just LQQking; 02-26-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.