Thread: Who do you think is the F1?

FORT Newbie

Re: Who do you think is the F1?

Quote Originally Posted by jamabae View Post
    I love it at the end of this scene when he finally is finding his way to the door. ..right before he leaves the living room he looks to the right and says something to a camera person and shakes his head. He looks soo embarrased. I can just imagine the camera person smirking or making a comment and Brad's like..."don't even go there" as he is totally embarrassed. It's these small little details that help me see the real story with Brad and Em.
    I also totally loved how happy and giddy Brad was on the couch when he found out Emily didn't like his excuse not to kiss her.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal View Post
    ROFL..... gotta get the root beer off my screen PDQ - or it is gonna get real sticky - real fast
    Things got sticky a few weeks back.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by framikmin View Post
    Hi all, I've been a long time viewer and a first time poster. As I read these posts I find myself wondering "who is the F1? At first I thought for sure it was Chantal. The chemistry between them, they enjoy similar experiences, the penetrating eye contact and their kisses. How could it not be her but then I couldn't understand why everyone couldn't see it. I realized I wanted her to be the F1 as we all relate to one of them. So I thought more about Emily and tried to be open minded. She's beautiful, sensitive, graceful and classy. Who wouldn't want her as F1. I just didn't see it on screen but here's where MF comes in and of course he's masterful edits. Brad does say all the right things about EM. I want to spend every second with her, she's the most beautiful woman, kissing her is different. It's all there - no emotion, no drama, beauty, sweetness all of it - like a package deal. But something is missing??? I think what's missing is emotion, feelings and love. I think he does have strong feelings for EM but I think he loves Chantal. Here's what I keep going back to.

1. If Anguila is where love unfolds supposedly with EM, why would he ask Chantal if her feelings changed? At the end of that with Brad's voice over you can hear Chantal ask "is that weird" Brad replies, "no, it's not weird"

2. If he's in love with EM, he's had 2 opportunities where Chantal asked him to send her home and he DIDN'T. Why would he not do that if he didn't love her. Remember Andy/Tessa she did the same thing and he didn't send her home either. If Brad is such a good guy this would have been his exit

3. I don't think EM has even reached the point of love with Brad yet but she's trying and she may have started in Anguila but there's little time left

I think what happened in Anguila is that Brad fell in love not with "EM" but with Chantal. Michelle is right when she said on Ellen, his feelings/his kiss changed there she of course said it was Emily. Brad hurt Chantal that deeply and I think he was trying to do what he can to not do that by cancelling the cocktail party and limiting the pain. Of course he couldn't say any of that.

Anyway I hope that Brad is genuine, sincere and honest if not for himself but for either Chantal or Emily.

Bottom line as either of the fans on either side says someone has to be F2. Chantal with Michelle gone provides the emotional drama.

Why would he take Em if he is so in love with Chantal could be asked the same question. Who's story is more dramatic? Divorce or Emilys? Bringing EM all the way with the child & almost begging to see the child when knowing he was in love with Chantal. Why ask to do that? What benifit & for who?

Because of the edits we cannot assume with someone that is shy & reserved that there not in love but what we can see is some very interesting conversations with Brad & Emily when TPTB allow it.

To say one is not ready for love & commitment on either side is stretching it abit given the editing. Brad is the only one that is truly getting to see the women without the editing. Lets see if Brad knows what he wants or is his best fit.

Quote Originally Posted by freetobe View Post
    Bottom line as either of the fans on either side says someone has to be F2. Chantal with Michelle gone provides the emotional drama.

Why would he take Em if he is so in love with Chantal could be asked the same question. Who's story is more dramatic? Divorce or Emilys? Bringing EM all the way with the child & almost begging to see the child when knowing he was in love with Chantal. Why ask to do that? What benifit & for who?

Because of the edits we cannot assume with someone that is shy & reserved that there not in love but what we can see is some very interesting conversations with Brad & Emily when TPTB allow it.

To say one is not ready for love & commitment on either side is stretching it abit given the editing. Brad is the only one that is truly getting to see the women without the editing. Lets see if Brad knows what he wants or is his best fit.
    The format strings along the ones who are emotionally invested, because otherwise it would be duller than it already can be to watch. How would it be watchable television to have one love story, and three ho-hum's go on HTDs, or one love story and 2 ho-hums count sheep in the fantasy suite. These aren't Brad's decisions in that sense. He follows the formula -- spend time with the ones you like the most. No courtesy dismissals except sometimes at F3 though even there, I'm not sure I buy it with most of the ones boardie/watchers identify as falling into that category.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfaceC View Post
    ITA! How can a man turn down a girl like Jenni and expect to be able to date anyone 3 years later. Damn him. If he's going to date again, God help his new partner have no redeeming qualities.
    That cracked me up just as I was ready to reply to that comment.

I love seeing the well thought out arguments for either Chantal or Emily. I may be biased but it is interesting to read other people's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    The format strings along the ones who are emotionally invested, because otherwise it would be duller than it already can be to watch. How would it be watchable television to have one love story, and three ho-hum's go on HTDs, or one love story and 2 ho-hums count sheep in the fantasy suite. These aren't Brad's decisions in that sense. He follows the formula -- spend time with the ones you like the most. No courtesy dismissals except sometimes at F3 though even there, I'm not sure I buy it with most of the ones boardie/watchers identify as falling into that category.
    Per the bolded: ITA- so can we please put to rest the idea that Emily is not into Brad? At this point they all are to a degree. (Not directed at you, just a blanket statement.)
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

FORT sun

This time, Brad has 2 really rich women! Financially "independent"...ok that was some snark RS had hinted at. But it did get me thinking. Both Chantal and Emily have such gorgeous looks and money........it just makes me suspicious whether they were cast. Not that Brad isn't the supper catch of all time...Could this season be entirely cast as suggested by Lethargic? Honestly, I just don't get why Emily is on this show, except to win.

Quote Originally Posted by eclark View Post
    This time, Brad has 2 really rich women! Financially "independent"...ok that was some snark RS had hinted at. But it did get me thinking. Both Chantal and Emily have such gorgeous looks and money........it just makes me suspicious whether they were cast. Not that Brad isn't the supper catch of all time...Could this season be entirely cast as suggested by Lethargic? Honestly, I just don't get why Emily is on this show, except to win.
    Every last contestant is cast. There's casting calls and such. No contestant is put on the show as a result of a lottery or random luck. As far as Emily being on the show to win- it's a show that has an outcome of one person standing. They are all there to "win".
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by eclark View Post
    Watch the tomatoes fly.... Ducking Cause Emily wants the hubby and children sitting on the couch with no TV. She wants that KIND OF HAPPY! Now expecting to find it on national TV, what are the chances of that? Not too great... but at least it give insight into Emily. She's not so bad after all.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

FORT sun

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    Every last contestant is cast. There's casting calls and such. No contestant is put on the show as a result of a lottery or random luck. As far as Emily being on the show to win- it's a show that has an outcome of one person standing. They are all there to "win".
    Thanks for reminding me. I like Emily and her edit has been irritating. I like Chantal and her editing makes her look overbearing, emotional and needy...irritating as well. I have to remind myself that "casting" would include who the F1, F2, and F3 is ...according to Lethargic, however, I'm still looking for a "real" connection. I do wonder if Brad's love of NASCAR gave him an opportunity to meet or know of Emily before this season. Hopefully, after this is all over, maybe Emily can honestly answer someday why she went on the show.