Thread: Who do you think is the F1?

FORT Fogey

Re: Who do you think is the F1?

Quote Originally Posted by junkfilter777 View Post
    Just for a minute I am going to put aside Brad's feelings for Chantal, Brad's feelings for Emily, Steve's spoilers, Ricki's drawings on Brad's fridge, Emily being the next bachelorette, producer editing to only show us what they want us to see vs. what really happened, Team Bremily, Team Brantal, and all other evidence and convolution.

I'm just going to say that according to the court of public opinion, Brad will be crucified and will have to go into hiding if he does not choose Emily. Going strictly by what has been shown in the episodes and knowing that most viewers are not going to be aware of the lengths ABC goes to manipulate things, people are going to be outraged with Brad if he chooses Chantal.

Bear with me:

1). We see a very nervous and hesitant Emily being unsure about bringing Brad home and that she has never introduced someone she is dating to her daughter. Brad just about orders her to make phone calls because he is going to her hometown. lol

2). Ricki and Brad hit it off great so there is no way he can make up an excuse saying they didn't get along. He also can't say he just doesn't want a woman with kids because if he already knew that, he never should have been so insistent on meeting Ricki.

3). Brad also cannot use it as an excuse that Emily was holding back because she made it very clear she could see herself falling in love with Brad and would be willing to share her life with him.

4). Brad stated emphatically that he would send a woman home once he realized it just wasn't going to work. Stringing Emily along to the end when she could have been home with her daughter will make Brad look like a cad. Especially with how much Emily was shown to miss Ricki. Not to mention, Brad said he fell for his F1 very early on so if he knew Emily was a no go, he will be villainized for keeping the 'Mother Teresa' of single moms around for no strong reason.
    "
    Brad passed the point of no return concerning receiving public forgiveness or understanding if he dumps Emily. It will take things going to hell in a handbasket very quickly during the finale for him to have any way out of this.

So put aside bias, spoilers, us knowing about the editing tricks (and think of things in terms of the naive American public believing what they see is real and not a set up), etc.

Brad will once again be the most hated bachelor unless something HUGE goes down to justify him picking Chantal over Emily.
    And this is what could possibly it "THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL SEASON EVER".

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    Such as Emily confiding in the last episode that she's not ready to get engaged yet?
    "I'm just not THAT into you."
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL View Post
    Why? Babyface said Brad was insistent in writing his own blogs. If his intentions were to deliberately mislead wouldn't he just leave it to the show to write them? His blogs confuse the life out of me because he seldom mentions Chantal at ALL. Yet lot's of gushing about Emily. I just don't understand why if Chantal is F1 and she's insecure etc... he would inflict even more hurt on his F1 by writing about Emily in this way.
    Thanks to Max, she discovered that Ali gushes about Roberto 6 times out of 9 in her blogs.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    Such as Emily confiding in the last episode that she's not ready to get engaged yet?
    Yeah, it would have to be something like that.

Like the voice overs we originally heard where Emily said 'My biggest fear is Brad falling in love with me but I can't love him back.' Or the scene on the couch when Brad says he is very upset and Emily saying 'Nobody is ever as perfect as you want them to be.'

It will have to be something huge and something Emily herself comes out with. Because if Brad drops the ball on Emily while she is willing, then I see a huge public backlash from those that don't understand the unseen workings of this show.

Like the voice overs we originally heard where Emily said 'My biggest fear is Brad falling in love with me but I can't love him back.' Or the scene on the couch when Brad says he is very upset and Emily saying 'Nobody is ever as perfect as you want them to be.'

It will have to be something huge and something Emily herself comes out with. Because if Brad drops the ball on Emily while she is willing, then I see a huge public backlash from those that don't understand the unseen workings of this show.
    CH asking in one of his interviews, if Brad wants to be the guy who takes her to F2 and lets her go on National TV? doesn't jive with, Brad stating he is rock solid with Emily.

With regards to the bold, Brad asks the same question in a V/O in the begining of the season.

Exactly. This scenario is the only one that now gives Brad an out if he didn't pick Emily. It highlights the theme of "her choosing me back" and all of Emily's "running away" "distancing myself" comments of earlier.

If during next week and the LCDs, Emily intimates that she doesn't want an engagement, and if Brad is engaged (only RS confirmed that, yes), then that would be the foil.

We'd still need to see very strong FDs/LCDs from Chantal to override any thoughts that some viewers might have that he picked Chantal because Emily didn't want him.

I do think, though, that Brad's choice is the woman he loves and not default.

Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL View Post
    That scenario would make Chantal's granny a big fat liar liar pants on fire
    who said she was there? there could have been 2 dinners why was gramma being interviewed anyway? anybody remember?
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    CH asking in one of his interviews, if Brad wants to be the guy who takes her to F2 and lets her go on National TV? doesn't jive with, Brad stating he is rock solid with Emily.

With regards to the bold, Brad asks the same question in a V/O in the begining of the season.
    Oh, yes definitely. I completely agree those VO's can be so terribly misleading and I am not putting one ounce of merit in that.

I'm just saying it would have to be something LIKE that where Emily realizes she just doesn't love him back.

And can you clarify about CH saying if Brad wants to be the guy to take her to F2 then let her go? I'd like to know more about that. Was CH asking if Brad wants to be 'that guy' who takes Emily specifically to F2? And when/where was that interview? Thanks!

Just for a minute I am going to put aside Brad's feelings for Chantal, Brad's feelings for Emily, Steve's spoilers, Ricki's drawings on Brad's fridge, Emily being the next bachelorette, producer editing to only show us what they want us to see vs. what really happened, Team Bremily, Team Brantal, and all other evidence and convolution.

I'm just going to say that according to the court of public opinion, Brad will be crucified and will have to go into hiding if he does not choose Emily. Going strictly by what has been shown in the episodes and knowing that most viewers are not going to be aware of the lengths ABC goes to manipulate things, people are going to be outraged with Brad if he chooses Chantal.

Bear with me:

1). We see a very nervous and hesitant Emily being unsure about bringing Brad home and that she has never introduced someone she is dating to her daughter. Brad just about orders her to make phone calls because he is going to her hometown. lol

2). Ricki and Brad hit it off great so there is no way he can make up an excuse saying they didn't get along. He also can't say he just doesn't want a woman with kids because if he already knew that, he never should have been so insistent on meeting Ricki.

3). Brad also cannot use it as an excuse that Emily was holding back because she made it very clear she could see herself falling in love with Brad and would be willing to share her life with him.

4). Brad stated emphatically that he would send a woman home once he realized it just wasn't going to work. Stringing Emily along to the end when she could have been home with her daughter will make Brad look like a cad. Especially with how much Emily was shown to miss Ricki. Not to mention, Brad said he fell for his F1 very early on so if he knew Emily was a no go, he will be villainized for keeping the 'Mother Teresa' of single moms around for no strong reason.

Brad passed the point of no return concerning receiving public forgiveness or understanding if he dumps Emily. It will take things going to hell in a handbasket very quickly during the finale for him to have any way out of this.

So put aside bias, spoilers, us knowing about the editing tricks (and think of things in terms of the naive American public believing what they see is real and not a set up), etc.

Brad will once again be the most hated bachelor unless something HUGE goes down to justify him picking Chantal over Emily.
    Gosh, when you put it like this I think you are right. Brad seems to have backed himself into a corner here. I don't know how he can get out of it. I can only see him getting out of it if Emily bails and realizes that: he's really not that into me. I really do hope she does this cause every time I see the two together it's just not right. She is not for him and vice versa. If the two are together at the end then this show is just freaking too crazy for me.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    who said she was there? there could have been 2 dinners why was gramma being interviewed anyway? anybody remember?
    It was a joke BTW. If the article is to believed Granny said she was there at TG dinner and she sat next to Chantal who was happy but she didn't have a ring so granny was waiting for the finale.
    Basement troll courtesy of Ryvetted!!