Thread: Who do you think is the F1?

FORT Regular

Re: Who do you think is the F1?

Oh Lordy. It looks like I stirred up a hornet's nest. Let me apoligize and clarify.

By 'Sainthood' edit, I don't mean Fleiss flew in the pope to have the contestant canonized then and there or that they looked absolutely flawless. I'm a very descriptive writer by nature who uses playful tongue-in-cheek wording. I figured the general sense of what I was saying would be understood but apparently not.

Since it became the norm to start recycling Bachs/Bettes, the show likes to build up the runner up so the audience will be interested in their season. They either make them look like total sweethearts (NOT 'impeccable') or at least mighty darn good in comparison to the F1 like Tenley and Vienna.

Tenley was by no means perfect but compared to Vienna she was and at the WTA, the girls said she was someone who [pooped] rainbows and fell out of a Disney movie.

Sorry for getting frustrated with another poster above. It just seems to be something I noticed in the past few days. I write a long post and instead of the gist ever being understood, someone isolates a single word from my post, completely ignores my general point, and continues to dwell on that one little thing when I felt it was very obvious I was being a bit hyperbolic.

Anyways that's that! LOL! This place is a tough crowd and I'm not sure if I jive with the overly analytical nature since I write off the cuff but I do learn a lot here so it's all good.

So not perfect. Not flawless. But it has most definitely been a recent pattern especially when contestants are recycled and a base needs to build.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by junkfilter777 View Post
    Oh Lordy. It looks like I stirred up a hornet's nest. Let me apoligize and clarify.

By 'Sainthood' edit, I don't mean Fleiss flew in the pope to have the contestant canonized then and there or that they looked absolutely flawless. I'm a very descriptive writer by nature who uses playful tongue-in-cheek wording. I figured the general sense of what I was saying would be understood but apparently not.

Since it became the norm to start recycling Bachs/Bettes, the show likes to build up the runner up so the audience will be interested in their season. They either make them look like total sweethearts (NOT 'impeccable') or at least mighty darn good in comparison to the F1 like Tenley and Vienna.

Tenley was by no means perfect but compared to Vienna she was and at the WTA, the girls said she was someone who [pooped] rainbows and fell out of a Disney movie.

Sorry for getting frustrated with another poster above. It just seems to be something I noticed in the past few days. I write a long post and instead of the gist ever being understood, someone isolates a single word from my post, completely ignores my general point, and continues to dwell on that one little thing when I felt it was very obvious I was being a bit hyperbolic.

Anyways that's that! LOL! This place is a tough crowd and I'm not sure if I jive with the overly analytical nature since I write off the cuff but I do learn a lot here so it's all good.

So not perfect. Not flawless. But it has most definitely been a recent pattern especially when contestants are recycled and a base needs to build.
    Stay. I like off the cuff. Analytical is too serious. We should have fun on this board.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl View Post
    Stay. I like off the cuff. Analytical is too serious. We should have fun on this board.
    Second this post. If we can't have fun, why be here?
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    I believe Jen S was a fan favorite..Even tho many did LOVE Tina Fab..But her hometown did her in..And Kristen was something else..I believe Andrew was in LUST big time with her..BUT his brother about knocked him OUT.(I mean I thought we were going to see a brother to brother fist fight).when he told him that she HAD a BF back home...
    You better believe it... Andrew was CRAZY about that girl. If truth be told, he was SICK TO HIS STOMACH she couldn't be the F1. I knew he and Jen would never work out in the end. He loved her but I'm not sure he EVER fell in love with her.

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    You better believe it... Andrew was CRAZY about that girl. If truth be told, he was SICK TO HIS STOMACH she couldn't be the F1. I knew he and Jen would never work out in the end. He loved her but I'm not sure he EVER fell in love with her.
    Jen also couldn't let herself leave Chicago permanently. I'm sure that had a huge impact on their relationship.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    Jen also couldn't let herself leave Chicago permanently. I'm sure that had a huge impact on their relationship.
    Gotcha, I didn't follow Jen after the show. I didn't realize she wouldn't give up Chicago completely. I do know from reading a magazine she is happily married with a new baby now. A wonderful person or she seemed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Second this post. If we can't have fun, why be here?
    This board is more fun than the show

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    Gotcha, I didn't follow Jen after the show. I didn't realize she wouldn't give up Chicago completely. I do know from reading a magazine she is happily married with a new baby now. A wonderful person or she seemed to be.
    I loved Jen on Andrew's season, but not on her own. But I have to thank her for one of my alltime favorite Bachelorette contestants, Jerry...and funnily enough my other less fav Bachelorette Deanna for my other most fav, Graham. I shall forever be grateful to those two women for bringing them to my TV.

Quote Originally Posted by carefree2 View Post
    Agreed! Seriously, if it weren't for this board I would be so uninterested in tuning in. I don't like the drama that they've had the past few seasons on screen and off with the "scandals" and honestly it's getting quite boring. It's the sleuthing that is keeping this show afloat in my house.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

hopeful romantic romance writer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carefree2 View Post
    I have a difficult time watching the show without being on this board each week. It's like I have to have you all with me as an emotional crutch. The comments on here during the show make it more interesting.

I hope no one leaves.....stirring up a hornet's nest is part of the seasonal happenings IMO. It kills the boredom between Monday's.

LOLOLOL I just realized it is Monday....having off today threw me off my routine.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-21-2011 at 08:04 PM.