Thread: Who do you think is the F1?

Re: Who do you think is the F1?

Well then that kind of explains it. I didn't watch Jake's season, thought he was too fake. Didn't watch Alli's season, had no interest in her whatsoever. I did watch Jillian's season but Jillian was as messed up as her F1 was/is. It's kind of hard to edit someone as bad if they don't give TPTB something bad to edit in. Seems to me that if they had something, anything on Emily that wasn't seen in a "sainthood" light that they would air it.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    Well then that kind of explains it. I didn't watch Jake's season, thought he was too fake. Didn't watch Alli's season, had no interest in her whatsoever. I did watch Jillian's season but Jillian was as messed up as her F1 was/is. It's kind of hard to edit someone as bad if they don't give TPTB something bad to edit in. Seems to me that if they had something, anything on Emily that wasn't seen in a "sainthood" light that they would air it.
    They do and we have seen bits of it like when she cused in the outtake when her Marshmellow fell or when she is crying. But that is not the edit they want us to see not that they don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by junkfilter777 View Post
    Are you serious? Since several recent seasons. I thought everyone knew that.

In comparison to Vienna, Tenley was the girl who '**** rainbows' and 'fell out of a Disney movie.' Chris was the boy next door with the touching story about his mother. Emily, if F2, is 'mother Teresa in a barbie body.' Ed is the one who farted at rose ceremonies, bailed on Jillian for his work, got drunk at cocktail parties, wore Richard Simmons shorts on dates while the others were the Pope in comparison. Jason being the sympathetic single dad dumped by DeAnna who didn't even stop him from proposing, etc.

It's been a pretty common theme in the last bit. Not fool proof. Not every season since the beginning of the series. I never said that.

But if you don't know what I am referring to then I don't know what else to say. It seems to have become a pretty common formula that many have noticed.
    In the earlier seasons, they mixed up the edit from one season to the next, and sometimes the F2 was somewhat of a villain (Kirsten, Krisily, Bevin) while other times they were the fan favorite (Trista, Kelly Jo, Sadie). Sometimes both finalists were more or less equally likeable. One thing that was pretty consistent was that an attempt was always made to (mis)lead viewers to believe that the lead was more likely to pick the F2, so there would be an element of surprise at the end when they didn't.

After Brad's season, the edit changed, concurrent with the decision to start recycling. I think particularly when Deanna chose "expected to be sent home the first night" Jesse out of the blue over the wildly popular and sympathetic Jason, and Fleiss saw the fan outrage and overwhelming support for Jason to be the next Bachelor (as well as the substantial media buzz it generated), this new editing/recycling strategy was somewhat set in stone, and it has been used to some degree ever since.

In comparison to Vienna, Tenley was the girl who '**** rainbows' and 'fell out of a Disney movie.' Chris was the boy next door with the touching story about his mother. Emily, if F2, is 'mother Teresa in a barbie body.' Ed is the one who farted at rose ceremonies, bailed on Jillian for his work, got drunk at cocktail parties, wore Richard Simmons shorts on dates while the others were the Pope in comparison. Jason being the sympathetic single dad dumped by DeAnna who didn't even stop him from proposing, etc.

It's been a pretty common theme in the last bit. Not fool proof. Not every season since the beginning of the series. I never said that.

But if you don't know what I am referring to then I don't know what else to say. It seems to have become a pretty common formula that many have noticed.
    In Ali's season, Frank was the intended F2, but he took himself out.

F2's include Chelsea (panties down), Charlie (chemistry), Molly (walk of shame), Kirsten (chemistry), Bevin (chemistry), Jenni (chemistry), Trista (chemistry), Moana (dark, somber, emotional), etc.

F3's usually get the cleaner edits.

FORT Fan

I actually see this pattern too and agree with you. I was trying to find another possible reason that it was edited this way to Emily. And I do think that Brad probably had some power in negotiation room if they were in a big time crunch to find someone.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I don’t recall any contestant getting a sainthood like edit. Apparently Emily is special.
    Really? Off the top of my head and in no order: Reid, Kiptyn, Amanda, Jason, Tenley, Chris L, Jeremy, Matthew, Jen S, Tessa.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

They were fan favourites (was Jen S? I wasn't around then) but I wouldn't go so far as to say they had impeccable edits - except Kyp.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl View Post
    That's true. Emily could walk away from this in essence "rejecting" Brad. TPTB could milk it and cast doubt like "will his F1 reject him or accept his proposal?" Maybe that's why they've edited in so much of Chantal crying... to make us think that she's sick of the whole process and perhaps she won't accept F1. So it's all producer edited.
    Thank you & Anders for your responses! I kind of thought the possiblity
    of the F2 rejecting Brad was discussed. It will be interesting to see
    if the VO's are a ruse, or if in fact F2 rejects Brad, and his reactions to
    all of this with respects to his F1. It will also have viewers speculating
    whether he is going to be *dumped* by both of women in the end!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Fogey

One of Reid’s main sticking points in accepting had to do with editing – and they passed him over – I highly doubt Brad say in how anyone is edited – including himself.
    I remember that's the reason Reid ended up not being the Bach in his own season. Editorial control is the one thing that Fleiss will never give up -- it's his bread and butter. If everybody got a good edit, well, we have the Hallmark channel for that.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

They were fan favourites (was Jen S? I wasn't around then) but I wouldn't go so far as to say they had impeccable edits - except Kyp.
    I believe Jen S was a fan favorite..Even tho many did LOVE Tina Fab..But her hometown did her in..And Kristen was something else..I believe Andrew was in LUST big time with her..BUT his brother about knocked him OUT.(I mean I thought we were going to see a brother to brother fist fight).when he told him that she HAD a BF back home...