Thread: Who do you think is the F1?

FORT Fan

Re: Who do you think is the F1?

Quote Originally Posted by jamabae View Post

Okay, the way I see it.... for the HTD he comes in to see Emily/daughter not that long after Emily comes home from being away. Not only have Emily/daughter have not seen each other in a while, which is tough on both of them, but also Emily is bringing another person (Brad) into the mix for this time period.

IMO meeting the child of someone you care about would be an important moment even without the restraints/complications of a reality show. Emily has also told Brad that she doesn't typically introduce Ricki to people she's dates. IMO, he's being respectful of the situation. Ricki isn't used to having another man around, and while Brad cares about her mother, he's trying to balance wanting to get to know Ricki without forcing himself/his relationship with Emily into her life. That will take time. To me, the space between them on the blanket is a physical symbol of that.

No "meeting the child" situation is going to be perfect within the constraints of this show. However, I think that if he truly loves her, and vice versa, they will work out any issues that come up, proposal or not. If he proposes, it doesn't necessarily his relationship with Ricki is all hunky dory and like living in candy land. It does mean that whatever constraints there are, they will work though them together.

Bravo! Great post! Brad also said he is a slow mover. He wants to be respectuful of the situation and of little Ricki. I would be a little leery if he was cozying up to Emily right after meeting her daughter for the first time. I think he handling it just fine and this isn't a red flag, IMO.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl View Post
    Who else thinks we will not have a typical final rose ceremony day? I think Ali started something last year when she let Chris go on the LCD. I think Brad will not reject his F2 at the rose ceremony site but maybe earlier that day. Hence, the weird limo shots. I think he respectfully says goodbye to F2 somewhere else and then goes to the final rose ceremony site to propose to F1.

That would be so nice! My heart always breaks for F2. It would be nice to let them down without having to go through the hype of that day. (Granted, they did sign up for it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof1 View Post
    Bravo! Great post! Brad also said he is a slow mover. He wants to be respectuful of the situation and of little Ricki. I would be a little leery if he was cozying up to Emily right after meeting her daughter for the first time. I think he handling it just fine and this isn't a red flag, IMO.
    I agree. and if you look closely, Brad's actually looking at emily when Emily and Ricki have their heads turned. I'm not too sure he's looking at the same thing they are looking at.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jamabae View Post
    That would be so nice! My heart always breaks for F2. It would be nice to let them down without having to go through the hype of that day. (Granted, they did sign up for it.)
    Somehow I think the final rose day is going to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoowl View Post
    Somehow I think the final rose day is going to be different.
    I thought it has been mentioned several times during the early season that the F2 rejects him ~ am I wrong?
    If this happens, Brad could very well be thinking that he was set-up big time (for his last stint)... and wonder
    if his F1 could love him back?

Did I just make this up?
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof1 View Post
    I wouldn't expect Brad to cozy up to Emily or her daughter in this situation. I would expect him to maintain a respectful distance and act as nothing more than a friend to Emily.

But he could still do that while sitting on the blanket. To me, the fact that he's not on the blanket could be a potential red flag. And it might not be - he's a big guy, he might keep a bigger distance out of his own belief about what would make them comfortable. There is no telling context from a screen capture, but in this particular one his posture is protective, his feet are aimed away from them. From a pure body language perspective, he was not the most comfortable in this moment.

But then, I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be either.

FORT Fan

Just want to throw a thought out there ......as I do get suspicious of Emily's perfect edit.....this, of course, would only be in she is final choice.

Is it possible that Brad had written into the contract that whomever he choose can NOT be shown in a negative light during the edit. Hear me out....Brad has done this before. As he's said, "He knows the nature of beast." I thought that his comment on GL about knowing first hand that this process can bring "nothing but negativity". I wonder if he did something to protect whomever his F1 was before the show even started filming. In other words, he's saying, if by some chance I actually do fall in love this time, I'm going to try to protect that person from any negativity from this as much as I can. Thus, you can't show her in a negative manner. Wondering if he would have that foresight? He seem like me may be the "protective" type in general towards women.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    I thought it has been mentioned several times during the early season that the F2 rejects him ~ am I wrong?
    If this happens, Brad could very well be thinking that he was set-up big time (for his last stint)... and wonder
    if his F1 could love him back?

Did I just make this up?
    Thatís been tossed about Ė especially since we had what appeared to be Brad and Emily hugging/crying cap. There are still a lot of people who do believe that Emily will reject Brad Ė frankly, Iím on board with that, although I donítí actually playing out that way. The VOs and previews make it appear as if he walks away empty handed again Ė and we know he doesnít. And the truth is always different than the previews/SCs.
    ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Brad has on those thick, heavy boots so I wouldn't expect him to have his feet that close to Ricki. Ricki has her body facing Brad, legs crossed Indian style with her cute little flip flps on. She is facing backwards to look at something but she is definately facing Brad with her body. Brad has his arms on his legs/knees but it may not be comfortable for him to sit Indian style (some folks have no problem with it, others do). I see nothing wrong at all with the SC. It appears to me that even though TPTB are trying to make it sound/look like Ricki has some big issue with Brad that she really doesn't. A child that had a problem with someone sitting with them would be closer to their mom while turning their body away from the other person. JMO

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Thatís been tossed about Ė especially since we had what appeared to be Brad and Emily hugging/crying cap. There are still a lot of people who do believe that Emily will reject Brad Ė frankly, Iím on board with that, although I donítí actually playing out that way. The VOs and previews make it appear as if he walks away empty handed again Ė and we know he doesnít. And the truth is always different than the previews/SCs.
    That's true. Emily could walk away from this in essence "rejecting" Brad. TPTB could milk it and cast doubt like "will his F1 reject him or accept his proposal?" Maybe that's why they've edited in so much of Chantal crying... to make us think that she's sick of the whole process and perhaps she won't accept F1. So it's all producer edited.