Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 397980818283848586878889909192 LastLast

Thread: *Spoilers* 2/14 The Bachelor: Episode 7

Re: *Spoilers* 2/14 The Bachelor: Episode 7

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Balancer;4194611;
    In all fairness to Brad, and despite current speculations that are unfavorable to his character, a very good friend of mine (who had a total crush on him from 2004+) has always said he was the absolute most genuinely nice,, gentlemanly, respectful guy she'd ever met. As recently as June, she still said that of all the guys she's met, he is still #1 as far as having all those qualities she hopes to find someday in someone to share her life with. I trust her opinion too, because she was the most giving and considerate person I knew of my friends in Austin. She described him as shy and very dedicated to his work first before himself. Someone's true character doesn't change despite the awkward situations they find themselves in. If he has resorted to playing a character, I'd be surprised. In fact, I think TPTB could easily have played alot of this around him without his knowledge.... of course, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

[Sorry that this is somewhat duplicate of above. Posting went wonky on me! fb]
    As awkward as Brad is, to me anyway, I totally beleive this.
    I think he's a genuine guy. Genuinely naive sometimes, but genuine nonetheless.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;4195415;
    Those are the only two times I can think of as well. She has cried with Jackie and Shawntel and in PIs. Brad hasn't seen any of that so he really would have no reason to think she's overly emotional. She had "one bad patch" (referring to Vegas) which he says in Costa Rica. This would be the second time she's gotten emotional about him and wanting him to send her home. Thankfully it was the last group date.

ETA: Also, since they addressed his Vegas "concerns" with her by opening the next show with her 1:1 date, I think they're following the same pattern in opening the show this upcoming week with her HTD even though it was filmed second, right?
    Ya, I still can't think of any more times either, so from his perspective... she's still the strong confident girl, who's feelings haven't changed (he came out and asked her). Also they talked about meeting her parents etc... so in true guy fashion, he assumed that all was good. Stupid boy... girls don't work like that, we need constant reassurance - especially in a multiple girl situation
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4195602;
    Ya, I still can't think of any more times either, so from his perspective... she's still the strong confident girl, who's feelings haven't changed (he came out and asked her). Also they talked about meeting her parents etc... so in true guy fashion, he assumed that all was good. Stupid boy... girls don't work like that, we need constant reassurance - especially in a multiple girl situation
    In Chantal's favor, she approached him twice during the date to ask what was going on. She was not being a drama queen. She was clear she felt something was off. I think he chose Ashley to give the rose to because he needed her to stay for the HTD and she wined the most. Brad did was so shut down he did not pick up Chantal's signs, and did not see the train coming. I do think it the mars vs. venus thing, as well as lack of sleep. My intelligence quota for body langauge and clear thinking goes down with lack of sleep.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;4195510;
    Charm (for me) requires wit and inventiveness.
    Me too, and Brad lacks these traits along with integrity and authenticity. His face is not attractive either.

It feels good to vent this because I have seen so many who adore him positing here and I didn't want to be negative. Well, I am okay with stating my mind today!
    Last edited by shoepie; 02-16-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carefree2;4195626;
    In Chantal's favor, she approached him twice during the date to ask what was going on. She was not being a drama queen. She was clear she felt something was off. I think he chose Ashley to give the rose to because he needed her to stay for the HTD and she wined the most. Brad did was so shut down he did not pick up Chantal's signs, and did not see the train coming. I do think it the mars vs. venus thing, as well as lack of sleep. My intelligence quota for body langauge and clear thinking goes down with lack of sleep.
    soooo true... guys and girls are just different with different styles of communication, that's for sure. Another thing about Chantal is that she's not afraid to call him out, or let him know exactly how she's feeling, she's not being fake with him and telling him what she thinks he wants to hear... no wonder he sees her as a confident woman. And by rights, pulling away from the Bach and saying let's call it a day, letting him know that it's not alright... that should have pretty much guaranteed a trip home - and I'm not talking HTD's either Yep, the guys got it bad for her... and she him
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4195323;
    ITA. All F4 are unique and beautiful women. If every man just wanted a tiny girl like Emily or a curvy one like Chantal, there would be a lot of lonely people out there. Each girl is beautiful and will find her own guy to appreciate her. I just reread that and I'm such a Pollyanna sometimes.
    True! And plenty of beautiful women are alone, while the majority of women are not so beautiful by TV, movie or magazine standards, but they have men who love them (plus, I don't see a lot of movie star-looking men walking around, but they find women who love them, and who are often a lot more physically attractive than they are).

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4195399;
    that's what I've been saying too. Despite the the edit of often seeing Chantal crying, we know that Brad thinks that Chantal is tough, strong and not needy, and when observing her interacting with the girls and Brad in general, she really is quite outgoing and confident. I think the tears actually shock him as he expects her to be tougher. I'm pretty sure that the girls cry often....but we aren't shown it - on the other hand I think that every tear that Chantal has shed has been shown to us as it's part of the storyline that the producers have decided to use for her.
    Maybe one of Brad's difficulties is that he thinks he is choosing women who are tough and strong -- and he's doing that based on their history more than on their behavior. We were told countless different ways how strong Deanna was because she had lost her mother. Yes, it's tragic to lose your mother at an early age or to have a marriage dissolve after a long time, but having that happen doesn't necessarily make you strong.

Maybe Brad is atracted to women who are much more needy than he realizes?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=FanOfUnrealTV;4195812;]Maybe one of Brad's difficulties is that he thinks he is choosing women who are tough and strong -- and he's doing that based on their history more than on their behavior. We were told countless different ways how strong Deanna was because she had lost her mother. Yes, it's tragic to lose your mother at an early age or to have a marriage dissolve after a long time, but having that happen doesn't necessarily make you strong.

Maybe Brad is atracted to women who are much more needy than he realizes?[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking this, as well! Perhaps it could be applied to Chantal because we are being shown so much crying, but I think his attraction to Emily is based upon the age-old male attraction to beautiful damsels in distress, subconscious though it may be. Despite her seeming strength (surviving the loss of her fiance, being a single parent, driving the race car in that unfortunate location), she radiates "protect me" vibes, in my opinion. Brad wants her to let down her guard so he can swoop in and take care of her and her child. Chantal might appear needy in some ways (personally, I think it's mainly the edit), but the way she is willing to be so open, expresses her feelings, confronts Brad about his, and is willing to walk away when he messes with her, reflects someone who is strong and self-possessed, and not in need of his protection. Let's see how far his therapy has taken him.

I was just watching the deleted scene from episode 7 when the girls come home. Ashley H what were you thinking. She has just seen Michelle upset and Chantal crying and all she can talk about is that this is the best rose in the world because it means brad wants to come to MY home town, NA NA NA NA NA. I get a kick out of a lot of the teasing, and I cracked up about Ali and the bug, but that was just mean. Both Chantal and Michelle looked miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by carefree2;4195855;
    I was just watching the deleted scene from episode 7 when the girls come home. Ashley H what were you thinking. She has just seen Michelle upset and Chantal crying and all she can talk about is that this is the best rose in the world because it means brad wants to come to MY home town, NA NA NA NA NA. I get a kick out of a lot of the teasing, and I cracked up about Ali and the bug, but that was just mean. Both Chantal and Michelle looked miserable.
    Would Michelle or Chantal have acted any different if they had gotten the group date rose? If they knew ahead of time that Brad was definately going to be meeting their families? I don't think so. I would bet that either of them would have done the same thing, esp Michelle.