Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192 LastLast

Thread: *Spoilers* 2/14 The Bachelor: Episode 7

Re: *Spoilers* 2/14 The Bachelor: Episode 7

Gina, thank you for posting
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom;4195281;
    ITA. I think he gets so caught up in "fixing" the one who is expressing hurt or uncertainty right in front of him, that he forgets to consider how that comes across to others.

And his feelings for Chantal might have been such a foregone conclusion in his own mind, that he assumed she realized it and wouldn't be hurt by giving the rose to Ashley.

Brad seems to be a "fixer." He wants to make the pain and hurt go away. In that moment with Chantal, I think he realized there was no way to fix it then and he was lost at what to do.
    Men .

I definitely see your points here, especially the bold. I also think that he gave Ashley the rose because she seemed to be the one having the harder time at that point with the "Please don't send me home." He probably thought Chantal was tough enough to handle it.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;4195396;
    Men .

I definitely see your points here, especially the bold. I also think that he gave Ashley the rose because she seemed to be the one having the harder time at that point with the "Please don't send me home." He probably thought Chantal was tough enough to handle it.
    that's what I've been saying too. Despite the the edit of often seeing Chantal crying, we know that Brad thinks that Chantal is tough, strong and not needy, and when observing her interacting with the girls and Brad in general, she really is quite outgoing and confident. I think the tears actually shock him as he expects her to be tougher. I'm pretty sure that the girls cry often....but we aren't shown it - on the other hand I think that every tear that Chantal has shed has been shown to us as it's part of the storyline that the producers have decided to use for her.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4195399;
    that's what I've been saying too. Despite the the edit of often seeing Chantal crying, we know that Brad thinks that Chantal is tough, strong and not needy, and when observing her interacting with the girls and Brad in general, she really is quite outgoing and confident. I think the tears actually shock him as he expects her to be tougher. I'm pretty sure that the girls cry often....but we aren't shown it - on the other hand I think that every tear that Chantal has shed has been shown to us as it's part of the storyline that the producers have decided to use for her.
    So very true. Just on this date, although we hear her express her doubts and fears about posing, she completely goes for it, and looks confident and sure of herself. Brad probably thinks that translates to her relationship with him, but like Chantal said with him, "it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt." I absolutely think they're showing us this as part of her storyline as well, and it makes sense to use it if I were the one editing the story. They have to show doubt in some way. She is giving them what they need.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;4195405;
    So very true. Just on this date, although we hear her express her doubts and fears about posing, she completely goes for it, and looks confident and sure of herself. Brad probably thinks that translates to her relationship with him, but like Chantal said with him, "it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt." I absolutely think they're showing us this as part of her storyline as well, and it makes sense to use it if I were the one editing the story. They have to show doubt in some way. She is giving them what they need.
    Yes, Chantal can definitely say that she took a chance and put herself out there for him... no regrets, I like that.

Ok, lets count the times that Brad would have seen her cry.

1) when she told him about her dad. He'd just asked her about her one big regret, or mistake??? something like that, and she told him about how she hadn't tried to contact her dad until it was too late and he'd passed away.

2) on the Nascar date when she tells to send her home if he's not feeling it for her.

Okay, I'm drawing a blank as to if she cried in front of him at any other time besides at the SI group date... and that was after he'd given the rose to Ashley. My point is that Brad wouldn't have put her in the emotional category, whereas Ashley often comes across as insecure pouty (hot tub scene) Chantal cries the most in PI's and when with the girls.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4195414;
    Yes, Chantal can definitely say that she took a chance and put herself out there for him... no regrets, I like that.

Ok, lets count the times that Brad would have seen her cry.

1) when she told him about her dad. He'd just asked her about her one big regret, or mistake??? something like that, and she told him about how she hadn't tried to contact her dad until it was too late and he'd passed away.

2) on the Nascar date when she tells to send her home if he's not feeling it for her.

Okay, I'm drawing a blank as to if she cried in front of him at any other time besides at the SI group date... and that was after he'd given the rose to Ashley. My point is that Brad wouldn't have put her in the emotional category, whereas Ashley often comes across as insecure pouty (hot tub scene) Chantal cries the most in PI's and when with the girls.
    Those are the only two times I can think of as well. She has cried with Jackie and Shawntel and in PIs. Brad hasn't seen any of that so he really would have no reason to think she's overly emotional. She had "one bad patch" (referring to Vegas) which he says in Costa Rica. This would be the second time she's gotten emotional about him and wanting him to send her home. Thankfully it was the last group date.

ETA: Also, since they addressed his Vegas "concerns" with her by opening the next show with her 1:1 date, I think they're following the same pattern in opening the show this upcoming week with her HTD even though it was filmed second, right?
    Last edited by Luvvy; 02-16-2011 at 09:23 AM.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4194630;
    How long did she actually know him and work with him? Because while he may seem nice at first, last night he really, really turned me off. For the first time this whole season, I find myself not rooting for his happy ending in the show context. IRL, I'm rooting for most everyone to find their happiness
    I agree with all of your posts. YUCK! But he has ALWAYS turned me off.

All of these women will find a good man and as they watch this show any pain of rejection will be lifted as they watch what transpired and really get to see Brad clearly. He has done more to further damage his public image.

Chantel could possibly be the next bachelorette and that would be the huge shocker a spoiler claims the next season offers. I expect them to break up after a "respectable" amount of time passes.

Emily is contained and boring (for me) but the only one who has sense to keep an arms distance.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4195420;

Chantel could possibly be the next bachelorette and that would be the huge shocker a spoiler claims the next season offers. I expect them to break up after a "respectable" amount of time passes.

Emily is contained and boring (for me) but the only one who has sense to keep an arms distance.
    Chantal would be the Best Bachelorette.... talk about manipulating a bunch of love sick men! Toying with her favorites. Oh, it would be stacked with drama and fun to watch. Could the catch or the break up be... Chantal just can't leave Wa? How long before she relocates to Austin, Texas. Thank goodness, she's aware of Brad's financial status... daddy knows to become stingy with his money, at least. Hands off Brad!

What I find annoying about Brad is that he says the exact same thing over and over again, to the girls, in the PI's it's always the best day ever, the best date ever, blah, blah, blah....the only time I actually believed a word of what he said was when he dumped Michelle. Also, last episode it was so strange hearing him creep laugh in the helicopter with Emily and her lame responses "shut up" "so pretty" etc. gads.... As one poster said he is in love with the "idea of Emily" he would not know what to do with her if he had her, it would be a disaster. Ditto for Chantal, she is in love with the idea of Brad. Someone to take over husband role. Brad is a charmer, a dangerous/obnoxious trait in a man. You can never believe what you hear or see. It's 100% charm, always leads to disillusionment and resentment and distrust. Sorry, in a bad mood today...lol. Perhaps I am 100% wrong and hope so to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4195496;
    What I find annoying about Brad is that he says the exact same thing over and over again, to the girls, in the PI's it's always the best day ever, the best date ever, blah, blah, blah....the only time I actually believed a word of what he said was when he dumped Michelle. Also, last episode it was so strange hearing him creep laugh in the helicopter with Emily and her lame responses "shut up" "so pretty" etc. gads.... As one poster said he is in love with the "idea of Emily" he would not know what to do with her if he had her, it would be a disaster. Ditto for Chantal, she is in love with the idea of Brad. Someone to take over husband role. Brad is a charmer, a dangerous/obnoxious trait in a man. You can never believe what you hear or see. It's 100% charm, always leads to disillusionment and resentment and distrust. Sorry, in a bad mood today...lol. Perhaps I am 100% wrong and hope so to be honest.
    Charm (for me) requires wit and inventiveness.