Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Were the others shown on camera like Mr. O'Brien's was, or is this info just coming from Brad in his blog? I only remember Chantal's dad actually saying it. If his consent was indeed the only one that made the air, could it be because we know from the last time that getting the father's blessing is important for Brad, so now this hurdle has been shown to have been cleared?

I agree with those that think that in a choice between inheriting a rich new daddy and ex-football player (for a TX boy!) to boot, and some other guy's daughter, Brad is leaning towards the former.
    Shawntel's dad sort of gave a blessing, as well. Brad mentions it in his PI's and one part where he's talking about what Chantal's dad said in a VO then goes into a PI of him wearing the shirt he was wearing on Shawntel's date and the words of what he finishes saying are about what her dad said and not Chantal's like it's made to appear.

On Brad reciprocating Em's affection: sure, it could have been him being polite. He was sure to kiss all of his girls. It could also be that he wanted to kiss her, as he said on the couch, but his propriety overrode his instincts.

On his F1: I tend to think that Brad isn't too shallow (I hope to avoid the discussion of reality stars being self-absorbed). Did he probably do this gig for the money? Yep. It is certain, though, that he didn't choose someone out of obligation. He chose her out of love. I guess I look at Laurel. What did she have to offer Brad? It seems like she came from modest means and, for all intents and purposes, he took care of her. In the edit, we hear Chantal and Ashley comment on his care-taking abilities. We hear Emily saying that Brad makes her not feel scared.

At this point, financially, I don't think that either Chantal or Emily need Brad. If it is Chantal, I hope it's only based on his love for her not the chance of inheriting that horrific statue and gobs of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikora View Post
    Shawntel's dad sort of gave a blessing, as well. Brad mentions it in his PI's and one part where he's talking about what Chantal's dad said in a VO then goes into a PI of him wearing the shirt he was wearing on Shawntel's date and the words of what he finishes saying are about what her dad said and not Chantal's like it's made to appear.
    Right, but it was purposely made to look like the comments were about Chantal and her dad, and not about Shawntel and her dad. Perhaps reason being that TPTB wanted the audience to know that Brad had gotten the only blessing that mattered, from the father of the woman he was going to propose to.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    On Brad reciprocating Em's affection: sure, it could have been him being polite. He was sure to kiss all of his girls. It could also be that he wanted to kiss her, as he said on the couch, but his propriety overrode his instincts.

On his F1: I tend to think that Brad isn't too shallow (I hope to avoid the discussion of reality stars being self-absorbed). Did he probably do this gig for the money? Yep. It is certain, though, that he didn't choose someone out of obligation. He chose her out of love. I guess I look at Laurel. What did she have to offer Brad? It seems like she came from modest means and, for all intents and purposes, he took care of her. In the edit, we hear Chantal and Ashley comment on his care-taking abilities. We hear Emily saying that Brad makes her not feel scared.

At this point, financially, I don't think that either Chantal or Emily need Brad. If it is Chantal, I hope it's only based on his love for her not the chance of inheriting that horrific statue and gobs of money.

Awww, I liked that statue! Of course, only if it came with that house. Kinda hard to get that thing into a downtown loft.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Yes he has - but settling down and starting a family is very different from settling down with a ready made family - as gun shy Brad is about committment, we're supposed to believe he's completely ready for a committment, marriage and a 5 yo??

At this point - I think it's important to compare Em and Jason's edits. And possibly Deanna's and Brad's. Deanna and Ty got along just great and was doing leap frog by the end of the day, but at the proverbial 'end of the day' she chose someone who could give her all of his attention. What would Brad want at this point? That's what we have to consider.

Dang, you're good! I would definitely agree with this. I think that now that Brad has met Emily's daughter, he's basically back to that exact decision. All the stress of the "meet the daughter" is over and now he has to figure out what he really wants.

He's definitely ready to settle and have a family. I'm thinking he's not looking to wait a few years first to start a family either. After all he is 38.

1)He obviously is drawn to Chantal. And Chantal has flat out told him she's also ready and that it's just about finding the "right person." Her father even said that Chantal was ready to settle down and has been for a while.

2)He does have a connection with Emily too. Choosing Emily would give him an immediate family. I do think he's open to that. "I would welcome and cherish the opportunity to be a father figure to little Ricki." is a pretty strong statement.

In the end, I think it boils down to who he has a stronger connection with.....just like all the past bachelor seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jamabae View Post
    In the end, I think it boils down to who he has a stronger connection with.....just like all the past bachelor seasons.
    Yes, Little Ricky or Big Mike.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jamabae View Post
    Dang, you're good! I would definitely agree with this. I think that now that Brad has met Emily's daughter, he's basically back to that exact decision. All the stress of the "meet the daughter" is over and now he has to figure out what he really wants.

He's definitely ready to settle and have a family. I'm thinking he's not looking to wait a few years first to start a family either. After all he is 38.

1)He obviously is drawn to Chantal. And Chantal has flat out told him she's also ready and that it's just about finding the "right person." Her father even said that Chantal was ready to settle down and has been for a while.

2)He does have a connection with Emily too. Choosing Emily would give him an immediate family. I do think he's open to that. "I would welcome and cherish the opportunity to be a father figure to little Ricki." is a pretty strong statement.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    Yes, Little Ricky or Big Mike.
    Bwahahaha!!!!!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post

Awww, I liked that statue! Of course, only if it came with that house. Kinda hard to get that thing into a downtown loft.
    Alexxx, what would he do if he had to choose between the statue or Boca? Oh no!

The statue made me chuckle. Who the heck has a ginormous statue in their yard?

Quote Originally Posted by hooked4 View Post
    Then why on earth did he keep Emily around for a not and steamy Fantasy Date if he had absolutely NO interest in her at all, and in fact could not run out of her house quickly enough?! Based on that, he certainly had more chemistry with Shawntel. Oh, but he has to keep Emily around so she is highlighted for the next Bachelorette. Oh wait.. she's not the next Bachlorette.
    So she's not the next bachelorette. ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Alexxx, what would he do if he had to choose between the statue or Boca? Oh no!

The statue made me chuckle. Who the heck has a ginormous statue in their yard?
    As RS calls him- Mike f******g O'Brien!
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches