Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by REIDISCOOL View Post
    No you are not alone. I get that vibe too. Also, what gave me cause to question what we saw in the awkward ending of Emily's HTD were Brad's comments in his blog about wanting to kiss her every minute he's with her. I suppose I'm just conflicted with the reality of Brad being ready to take on a woman with a child in this speed dating show.
    Yeah, I caught that laugh from her. She definitely wasn't getting the rejected vibe. I just watched it back and could not stop laughing, especially when they finally did reach the door, they are hugging and she says, "It's okay to kiss me." He shakes his head "no", but as soon as she begins to pull him forward, he already has his mouth open. He wasn't puckering up with closed lips expecting a peck to "just get it over with." I'm so glad Emily got a bit aggressive with him because it gave him the permission to do what he had been wanting to do. They remind me so much of my husband and I even after we got engaged. We were so awkward with each other at times because we were trying so hard to "behave" that we didn't want to push each others buttons if you know what I mean.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    Yeah, I caught that laugh from her. She definitely wasn't getting the rejected vibe. I just watched it back and could not stop laughing, especially when they finally did reach the door, they are hugging and she says, "It's okay to kiss me." He shakes his head "no", but as soon as she begins to pull him forward, he already has his mouth open. He wasn't puckering up with closed lips expecting a peck to "just get it over with." I'm so glad Emily got a bit aggressive with him because it gave him the permission to do what he had been wanting to do. They remind me so much of my husband and I even after we got engaged. We were so awkward with each other at times because we were trying so hard to "behave" that we didn't want to push each others buttons if you know what I mean.
    They seem pretty fine here

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    They seem pretty fine here
    Can you get the sc where she is going in to kiss him and he already has his mouth open? Not the BL of a guy who is reluctant.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Can you get the sc where she is going in to kiss him and he already has his mouth open? Not the BL of a guy who is reluctant.
    Hope this one's it:

Mods, no more SCs. Promise!

Hope this one's it:

Mods, no more SCs. Promise!
    Pretty much. This in contrast to the goodbye kisses he gave Chantal and one of the other girls, can't remember but I think Ashley is a big difference. He had his lips tightly pursed and he made it quick and kinda moved her away. Tptb made sure we saw that, even if they may have shared a longer kiss in other places.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof1 View Post
    Ryan comes to mind.

ETA: Jennifer from Prince Lorenzo's season too.
    Sarah from Dr. Travis' season was another safe choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    Brad could not be out of emily's house fast enough and emily was so scared that he would live the house without her kiss!!!

My gosh... that was pretty sad to me. How more unconfortable brad can be around emily?????

Lets not forget that they deleted the kitchen scene for a reason ... would it be because yet again they both acted as good friends and no romance was shown??

Lets also not forget that the producers edited TONS on each hometown. At that point they are only interested to show some kind of romance and they try to blind us by using romance words that looks like they are completely addressed to another person!

On top of that, I would add that it is obvious that the Hendrick family is VERY present in Emily's life. How present, that is the real question. Emily is 24, she had her daughter at 18. I do not think that she can afford a 2 stories house like that on her salary. I am okay that the Hendrick support her, do not get me wrong. If they have money and wish to spoil their grandchild, goody for emily and ricky. BUT.... do we know if they are or not kind people? How far would they influence emily? If the Hendrick's say emily will remain in Charlotte, what then? I mean we saw NOBODY from emily's family so how do we know, us public the relationship emily has with them? Again they can and I hope be very nice people indeed, just wondering. They could be fantastic people but most probably overprotective of both emily and ricky. So where would be brad's place?

About brad wanted a dad in Mike O'Brien.... this is really streching here! How many bacheror did get along very very well with the fathers in this show???? Did every bachelor who went along well needed a father then? Ridiculous!!

As I said, when I looked at the hometown date with chantal. It was like witnessing an ordinary visit with daughter and son in law: dinner, talk between men and catching up with daughter-mother. Nothing special, just people who enjoyed to meet and see each other.

But did anyone noticed the strong words that brad said? Right before they knock the door, brad says: I am ready! , before that he said This is big! , about the dog Boca he said I really want to be his friend! and many others that I need to listen again. Those are words of commitment. period.

Brad went to the hometown already knowing that chantal was the one, but the family meeting and the fact that chantal was the woman he fell in love at their first 1:1... just sealed the deal.

I have no doubt in my mind that Fleiss like someones said earlier just give us mud and dust for the reasons we already discussed here.
    Then why on earth did he keep Emily around for a not and steamy Fantasy Date if he had absolutely NO interest in her at all, and in fact could not run out of her house quickly enough?! Based on that, he certainly had more chemistry with Shawntel. Oh, but he has to keep Emily around so she is highlighted for the next Bachelorette. Oh wait.. she's not the next Bachlorette.

FORT sun

OK, so I'm super old western movie fan. "Shucks ma'am...I can wait until the little poco has warmed up to this ole cow poke. "remembering my manners and such".... I thought the scene was trying to be endearing?

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    Brad did not ask the blessing of Chantal's father. It was shown as unsolicited. When Brad speaks about having a father's blessing, he was dressed in the clothes he wore on Shawntel's date. We do not know what or who he was referring to. Although several parental units gave him their blessing, it was unsolicited.
    Were the others shown on camera like Mr. O'Brien's was, or is this info just coming from Brad in his blog? I only remember Chantal's dad actually saying it. If his consent was indeed the only one that made the air, could it be because we know from the last time that getting the father's blessing is important for Brad, so now this hurdle has been shown to have been cleared?

I agree with those that think that in a choice between inheriting a rich new daddy and ex-football player (for a TX boy!) to boot, and some other guy's daughter, Brad is leaning towards the former.

Again, why? Why are they showing us their struggle? They have been struggling since week 3. Why are they highlighting the awkwardness that is contradicted by both Emily and Brad's PIs?

I, too, have watched with angst the Bremily storyline. Even if I see a deeper connection, which was very obvious in that deleted scene from Monday, I've had far too many doubts that Brad could actually follow-through on accepting the whole package of Emily/Ricki. There's nothing in their edit that gives anyone 100% conviction that it's a Bremily ending. There's been constant, constant doubt.

Add to that this information:

On the couch, Brad tells Em, "I want to leave, I want to hug you and not let go, but I want to hug you and tell you goodbye, tell you I'll be thinking about you, and I hope you know that that means so much more than a kiss."

Add to that Brad saying, "Alright, I need to go."
    Emily says, "I want you to stay in Charlotte all week."
    Brad, *laughs* "Good call." (We know he has the rest of HTDs.)
    Brad looks confused as to how to leave the house: "Alright, I don't know which way I'm headed."
    By leaving this information in here, it does seem like they're hinting at Brad making a run from this scene.

But, I do believe Brad when he explains his rationale behind his lack of affection. Like Brad told Shawntel, he respects his mother. We see him say in Anguilla that he respects Emily. He says it again on the couch, "I care enough to let you know how much I respect you and your daughter." He's not acting on his impulses due to his severe respect of decorum.

Several might compare Brad to men in their lives. Many FORTers don't like that others compare Brad to Andy. Brad's actions are Brad's actions, motivated by his own psychology, not any other guy's. I agree that the dude was massively uncomfortable about sharing affection. He told us that this situation--dating a mom--is new to him. He's scared to death of doing the wrong thing. Brad is a black-and-white guy. There's no compromise. When he said he wasn't going to initiate, he meant it.

In the end, can he handle this uncharted territory enough to choose Emily? Seems like the board doubts it. Heck, it seems like Shawntel's dad doubts it.
    You're so much better at seeing what I see without emotions involved but I am a Chantal through and through. It is what it is with me and with Brad... there is NO gray when you get down deep.