Page 96 of 200 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma View Post
    You know that scene reminded me so much of Trista and Ryan's moment in Seatle..
    I'm surprised I don't remember that because RYAN is my knight in shining armor!

FORT Fogey

This whole season has been about Brad being a changed man, on-site therapist and all. I can buy that he's really ready to commit to a woman now, that part is changed, but having a 5 year old as part of that package is just too much for a 38 year old recently-reformed commitment phobe to accept. Brad's taking baby steps toward his recovery, and that's a giant leap, as has been pointed out so well in this morning's posts.

Another thing that stood out to me in the HTD episode was some of Chantal's HTD comments, especially when put together, examined as a package, and studied against what we 'know' about Brad. I'm way too lazy to go back and get exact quotes, but paraphrasing as best I can:

Chantal talking to the camera: I was in such a long relationship with my ex husband that that's all I know how to do. I'm a total relationship person.

Chantal talking to her mom: I fell quickly and it's scary. But that's good. It's easy to just go back to what's comfortable (the ex-husband?).

Brad talking to Daddy O: Is she ready to settle down?
    Daddy O to Brad: Yes, she has been for a long time.

It seems to me that Chantal has no problem being in a long relationship, and is ready to step out of what is comfortable (staying with her ex longer than she really should have?) and venture out into the scary and new, and the gamble (getting hurt) is worth it. Brad has supposedly (through therapy) cured his commitment-phobia and is ready to venture out into the scary and new and the gamble (getting hurt) is worth it.

The other thing from the HTD episode that really stood out to me is the comparison of the "at home" scenarios between Brantal and Bremily. At Chantal's house, she says this is how it would really be if we were a family, hanging out at home, with Boca nuzzling up to Brad and both Brad and Chantal being totally comfortable. At Emily's home the comment was also made that this is how it would really be if we were a family, hanging out at home, with Ricki always sleeping upstairs, and Brad bolts for the door.

Brad wants to start his own family, but he's not ready to jump into a ready-made one just yet.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by eclark View Post
    Brad's behavior with Emily after little Ricki goes to bed is not weird. He has a problem showing affection in public, whether it is kissing that Laurel lauren whomever, or ..having Emily's child catch her mother kissing a new man in their home. Brad likes to move slow. The child is not accustomed to having her mother kissing men in front of her. Did anyone see Brad kiss Emily when he first said "hello"...NO. As a man knows, there is special consideration with touching a woman first time in front of children. period. no mystery.
    Brad does not want to be anyone's adopted SON. He's too old for that. Maybe Chantal's father's buddy, but SON. that's absurd.
    ITA! Brad is 38 years-old, not 16. He needs a family more than he needs a father-figure, IMO.
    Brad to Emily: It's real...it's definitely real.

Brad's behavior with Emily after little Ricki goes to bed is not weird. He has a problem showing affection in public, whether it is kissing that Laurel lauren whomever, or ..having Emily's child catch her mother kissing a new man in their home. Brad likes to move slow. The child is not accustomed to having her mother kissing men in front of her. Did anyone see Brad kiss Emily when he first said "hello"...NO. As a man knows, there is special consideration with touching a woman first time in front of children. period. no mystery.
    Brad does not want to be anyone's adopted SON. He's too old for that. Maybe Chantal's father's buddy, but SON. that's absurd.
    Because of his father's neglect, Brad's been seeing a therapist for quite a while, coupled with the fact that he hasn't been able to open up to a woman until his late 30's so its no surprise that he may unconsciously still need a father figure.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof1 View Post
    ITA! Brad is 38 years-old, not 16. He needs a family more than he needs a father-figure, IMO.
    Any man who's not had a father figure in his life needs to have that - whether he's 16 or 38.

My son lost his father a couple years ago, and had been out of his life for several years before that - he never had any other father figure, and I hope he finds one someday - whether it's a year from now or 20 years from now. Never discount the bond between a man and his father figure - at any age.

Parenthood is no replacement for not having a father.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    This whole season has been about Brad being a changed man, on-site therapist and all. I can buy that he's really ready to commit to a woman now, that part is changed, but having a 5 year old as part of that package is just too much for a 38 year old recently-reformed commitment phobe to accept. Brad's taking baby steps toward his recovery, and that's a giant leap, as has been pointed out so well in this morning's posts.

Another thing that stood out to me in the HTD episode was some of Chantal's HTD comments, especially when put together, examined as a package, and studied against what we 'know' about Brad. I'm way too lazy to go back and get exact quotes, but paraphrasing as best I can:

Chantal talking to the camera: I was in such a long relationship with my ex husband that that's all I know how to do. I'm a total relationship person.

Chantal talking to her mom: I fell quickly and it's scary. But that's good. It's easy to just go back to what's comfortable (the ex-husband?).

Brad talking to Daddy O: Is she ready to settle down?
    Daddy O to Brad: Yes, she has been for a long time.

It seems to me that Chantal has no problem being in a long relationship, and is ready to step out of what is comfortable (staying with her ex longer than she really should have?) and venture out into the scary and new, and the gamble (getting hurt) is worth it. Brad has supposedly (through therapy) cured his commitment-phobia and is ready to venture out into the scary and new and the gamble (getting hurt) is worth it.

The other thing from the HTD episode that really stood out to me is the comparison of the "at home" scenarios between Brantal and Bremily. At Chantal's house, she says this is how it would really be if we were a family, hanging out at home, with Boca nuzzling up to Brad and both Brad and Chantal being totally comfortable. At Emily's home the comment was also made that this is how it would really be if we were a family, hanging out at home, with Ricki always sleeping upstairs, and Brad bolts for the door.

Brad wants to start his own family, but he's not ready to jump into a ready-made one just yet.

Alexx, something you said jumped out at me and while I have no experience here, maybe there is someone in the group that does. IF you were in therapy for the type of problems has shared, what "type" of person would your or would you not seek to have a relationship with. OF course, acknowledging that you can't help who you fall in love with. Also, I am just curious if a therapist would encourage you or discourage you toward The Bachelor?
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

I wasn't going to speculate on brad's behavior at Emily's except to laugh at how nervous he looked...but I have too. I'm in my 40's and have been divorced for 7 years with a daughter. I have had two long terms relationships since the divorce with men around the same age a myself...(older than Brad) One a father, one Not..

NEITHER ONE OF THEM HAS EVER HAD AN ISSUE OF MAKING OUT ON THE COUCH AFTER MY DAUGHTER IS ASLEEP... just saying

That scene was either heavily edited to cut out the "SEXUAL" Chemistry or there it just isn't there.

Personally I don't think Brad is worthy of any of the women left...but I can see Chantal being the better choice because there is no child involved.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Any man who's not had a father figure in his life needs to have that - whether he's 16 or 38.

My son lost his father a couple years ago, and had been out of his life for several years before that - he never had any other father figure, and I hope he finds one someday - whether it's a year from now or 20 years from now. Never discount the bond between a man and his father figure - at any age.

Parenthood is no replacement for not having a father.
    So true...and I'm so sorry to hear about that anders
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY View Post
    So true...and I'm so sorry to hear about that anders
    thanks - although I sad that he died, I was most sad that the opportunity for my son and my ex to someday have a relationship was completely gone.....
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
    Alexx, something you said jumped out at me and while I have no experience here, maybe there is someone in the group that does. IF you were in therapy for the type of problems has shared, what "type" of person would your or would you not seek to have a relationship with. OF course, acknowledging that you can't help who you fall in love with. Also, I am just curious if a therapist would encourage you or discourage you toward The Bachelor?
    I can't imagine any therapist worth his salt would actually encourage anybody, much less a recently reformed commitment-phobe to do the Bachelor, but maybe a "Hollywood therapist" might, IDK.

Another quote from the HTD series that jumped out at me and I forgot to include in my previous post is from Brad:

At this point I'm going on my feelings, how I feel, to make the right decision. (again, massive paraphrase)

I think that statement is setting up Bremily fans for the disappointment that he didn't choose the romantic fantasy of a ready-made family, no matter how appealing little Ricki is.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl