Page 95 of 200 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    The season started out with Brad trying to drill his way in to Emily and now the tables have turned. As if he's questioning himself..."do i really want this right now" or "am i really ready for this right now".

Looked like the same old Brad & Emily date trying desperately to make it work.
    You can almost see Brad doing the moonwalk out the door - except he can't find it.

The problem I have with this is that Brad is the one who pushed his way into Emily's house when she really was hesitant to let him in unless he was confident he was going to be there when this was over. Now, he is pretty sure he isn't, and she gave it up ( let him come), and he is going to be gone anyway.

Why do I say that? That is what the edit showed me in the last 2 weeks. On the beach, she told him she didn't want to let him meet her daughter implied if he wasn't going to be around for the long haul. He was rather desperate for a HT date to meet her daughter, so he promised her a pre-ceremony rose just to get her to agree to let him meet her daughter.
    On the HT, he was so uncomfortable with her child sleeping upstairs that he couldn't even kiss her. He really just wanted to leave. It is pretty obvious to a former single mom of a 5 year old that Brad can't emotionally handle that situation.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

I noticed it most especially this season. In the past, at this point is was "simply" about who each f1,f2.f3's individual supporters felt the lead and the best "connection" with. That connection used to be all about emotional, physical, good old time fun that we could see with our own eyes, as edited. We were able to forget the back stories to a large degree, because we saw more of the people, almost as if the whole season was and "ITM" moment. If that makes sense to you.

This season, the focus has been more on the "pysche", the backstory, and the insecurities each brings to the table. For my own 2 cents worth, I like the simpler edits. There were enough mind games there to keep an idiot entertained, ( yes, I am included), but this seems like too much work and not enough entertainment.JMO
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    You can almost see Brad doing the moonwalk out the door - except he can't find it.

The problem I have with this is that Brad is the one who pushed his way into Emily's house when she really was hesitant to let him in unless he was confident he was going to be there when this was over. Now, he is pretty sure he isn't, and she gave it up ( let him come), and he is going to be gone anyway.

Why do I say that? That is what the edit showed me in the last 2 weeks. On the beach, she told him she didn't want to let him meet her daughter implied if he wasn't going to be around for the long haul. He was rather desperate for a HT date to meet her daughter, so he promised her a pre-ceremony just to get her to agree to let him meet her daughter.
    On the HT, he was so uncomfortable with her child sleeping upstairs that he couldn't even kiss her. He really just wanted to leave. It is pretty obvious to a former single mom of a 5 year old that Brad can't emotionally handle that situation.
    This is a very post..It will be interesting how their date will go in SA..Now that Em wants Brad...And he will have just came off the over night date with Chantal..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by satorus View Post
    While watching the htd w/ Emily - I got the impression that it was edited to show everyone she is now ready to move on and be a woman. The kid's in bed and now it's her time. She wanted to be kissed and romanced and was disappointed Brad did not cooperate. This opens the door for the audience to accept Emily as the next Bachelorette. My question is - was that planned and was Brad in on that?
    Brad's behavior was soooo odd to me at the end of that date. I would have expected him to be so elated that it went well with ricki, that when emily came down the stairs he would have given her a huge hug and twirled her around!
    Does anyone think his "commitment phobia" just took over? It was so odd how he suddenly said "well I guess I'd better go". Every other date was "I hate to leave". Just odd because we know he cares about her.
    Did he have to go call his therapist?!? I guess another thought could be that there was going to be something more later so let's get the filming part done?!?! His whole demeanor was just not what I expected when Emily finally seems into him.

Quote Originally Posted by satorus View Post
    While watching the htd w/ Emily - I got the impression that it was edited to show everyone she is now ready to move on and be a woman. The kid's in bed and now it's her time. She wanted to be kissed and romanced and was disappointed Brad did not cooperate. This opens the door for the audience to accept Emily as the next Bachelorette. My question is - was that planned and was Brad in on that?
    check out the "Here's what I know" thread - the very first post should answer that question for you.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    The edit of the f2 is very telling to me.

Chantal: We've seen a lot of Chantal's emotional side, so much so that people are annoyed by her and tired of the tears. We have seen her having fun with Brad, being adventurous, them being romantic, and a great htd but still people aren't seeing the relationship as being a good one. It's a great way to hide the f1 person but not so affective if she's the f2.

Emily: With Emily it's Brad saying wonderful things about her in PIs and in the blogs. It doesn't seem to matter that what we're being shown doesn't match what we're hearing/reading. Even if a lot is being edited out we still see a very distant relationship (if you can call it that) where there's very little contact. Even still that's not what people remember and the majority of viewers seem to believe that either it is Emily or should be. A good way to edit the f2 person but not f1.

When you think about it, Fleiss is doing his best to muddy the RS spoilers water and has set up Emily as the f1 people are hoping to see. We all know that MF doesn't care at all about what people want but how to best fool them. He's all about the drama and a FRC where the expected happens isn't what he's all about. With Jason it was okay because he knew what was happening at the ATFR show. I just don't see any way that this is going to come down to Emily as the f1 based on the edit let alone the spoilers.
    I agree with this. I would love to say that we can go 100% off everything Brad says and does but I know that MF leaves his grimy fingerprints on everything when it comes to this show. I see Chantal getting an edit somewhat like Vienna's. Vienna's personal choices aside it's basically normal fun loving girl going up against sainthood.
    I apologize for the choice of Vienna but that's really the only season where the edit was easy to grasp... it was all about a storyline because there was no lovestory.

You are correct MF is trying to cast doubt on RS's spoilers and separate the masses... it's working...he's a magician.

I am starting to go to the "dark place" when it comes to this show... it's scary

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4 View Post
    Brad's behavior was soooo odd to me at the end of that date. I would have expected him to be so elated that it went well with ricki, that when emily came down the stairs he would have given her a huge hug and twirled her around!
    Does anyone think his "commitment phobia" just took over? It was so odd how he suddenly said "well I guess I'd better go". Every other date was "I hate to leave". Just odd because we know he cares about her.
    Did he have to go call his therapist?!? I guess another thought could be that there was going to be something more later so let's get the filming part done?!?! His whole demeanor was just not what I expected when Emily finally seems into him.
    I think Bloomers broke it down perfectly.
    Brad pretty much had an epiphany of what he really could handle by the end of Emily's HTD. Its not that he doesn't want to be a dad, or that he doesn't care for her, but this meet wasn't fitting in quite as well as he'd hoped... and at that point he's only sure about how he personally feels for emily, not necessarily how he feels about being the full-time father of her child.

Doesn't look to me that anything is being hidden in the edit between Brad and Emily. TPTB are showing us exactly what the struggle is between the two. I'm totally prepared to hear Brad tell Emily how much he cared for her but that his heart belongs to someone else....and of course, it has nothing to do with cute little Ricki. Right.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY View Post
    I think Bloomers broke it down perfectly.
    Brad pretty much had an epiphany of what he really could handle by the end of Emily's HTD. Its not that he doesn't want to be a dad, or that he doesn't care for her, but this meet wasn't fitting in quite as well as he'd hoped... and at that point he's only sure about how he personally feels for emily, not necessarily how he feels about being the full-time father of her child.

Doesn't look to me that anything is being hidden in the edit between Brad and Emily. TPTB are showing us exactly what the struggle is between the two. I'm totally prepared to hear Brad tell Emily how much he cared for her but that his heart belongs to someone else....and of course, it has nothing to do with cute little Ricki. Right.

I must be the only one that noticed cause whatever it is that has Brad in a tizzy and fanning himself, Emily looks down, hides her eyes and [B]grins from ear to ear and won't look at him for some reason while she is doing it. Wonder why?B]So I guess she totally misunderstood what you guys feel is going in in that scene.

FORT sun

Brad's behavior with Emily after little Ricki goes to bed is not weird. He has a problem showing affection in public, whether it is kissing that Laurel lauren whomever, or ..having Emily's child catch her mother kissing a new man in their home. Brad likes to move slow. The child is not accustomed to having her mother kissing men in front of her. Did anyone see Brad kiss Emily when he first said "hello"...NO. As a man knows, there is special consideration with touching a woman first time in front of children. period. no mystery.
    Brad does not want to be anyone's adopted SON. He's too old for that. Maybe Chantal's father's buddy, but SON. that's absurd.
    Last edited by eclark; 02-23-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: poor word selection

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    [/B]
    I must be the only one that noticed cause whatever it is that has Brad in a tizzy and fanning himself, Emily looks down, hides her eyes and [B]grins from ear to ear and won't look at him for some reason while she is doing it. Wonder why?B]So I guess she totally misunderstood what you guys feel is going in in that scene.
    You know that scene reminded me so much of Trista and Ryan's moment in Seatle..