Page 92 of 200 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

About father's blessings....

so far Brad ONLY mentionned that he wanted the blessing of Chantal's father.

He did not asked from Shawtel's, from Ashley's and of course we did not see any family from Emily which yet again I find weird when this hometown is supposed to meet family.

I wonder why they did not include emily's family... did they refuse to make an appearance? Did Emily refuse to introduce them? Did she cut the ties from them? Did Rick Hendrick's family is now THE family but due to circonstance it was not appropriate to introduce them (which I totally understand here)

Would it be AGAIN the edit to portrait Emily like the poor woman all alone in this very nasty world raising a 5 years old girl in a house and in need of the charming prince???

I mean that would fit the role no?

By the way... if you hear Molly Mesnick vlog about the hometown dates, she said that for her and Jason's son... her and jason's son met a few hours before it was filmed so jason's son would be more confortable. She said that it did not show that the kid was into her and at that time he was 3 years old, but he was in fact playing around like every little kid does. She also mentionned that it was nice to see the little girl got better at the end and they looked like a family. Ricki was indeed much better in her own house and I bet at that time she got used of the 10 crewmen around.

Anyway... back to family, this is for me a set up and I really wonder IF anyone will show up at the fantasy date and who?

so far Brad ONLY mentionned that he wanted the blessing of Chantal's father.
    Brad did not ask the blessing of Chantal's father. It was shown as unsolicited. When Brad speaks about having a father's blessing, he was dressed in the clothes he wore on Shawntel's date. We do not know what or who he was referring to. Although several parental units gave him their blessing, it was unsolicited.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    He did not asked from Shawtel's, from Ashley's and of course we did not see any family from Emily which yet again I find weird when this hometown is supposed to meet family.
    I don't find it weird at all. It's very possible that Brad did meet others in the family, they just didn't show it in the edit. From a storyline perspective, the story here has been about Emily as a single mother, who lost the love of her life and her daughter's father. The "Emily and Brad" story is about him becoming a part of her life with her daughter... In the interest of time, they chose to focus the edit to continue their story forward.

I'm going to guess we'll see that uncertainty right to the very end. IMO, after meeting Emily's daughter, Brad was even more distanced from Emily than he'd been before. He respected her a lot, as he said, and to me he was telling her that he wasn't going to be romantic with her when he knew he wasn't going to choose her, especially not with her daughter upstairs. That was a little too real for him, and he knows he's not in love with her.

But from an editing standpoint, they are showcasing this as "Emily the mom" - as much as they did with "Jason the dad" in both Deanna's season and his own.

From a "real life" perspective -- as a parent, my FAMILY of course extends outward, but my child is the number one most important person in my life... the one whose opinion matters more than anything. These hometown dates are about getting approval from whomever that person is to the potential F1 - the one whose approval matters most. For Emily, that's her daughter and that is the family that Brad most needs to be okay with being a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    I think it's MNG vs. Ms. Right. Emily is everything he's looking for in a wife, complete with a precious ready-made family. Chantal is a drama mama but right for him. So lame, so pathetic, so like TPTB.
    As I have watched very few seasons of the Bach/B'ette, have there been any seasons where the safe one was ever chosen?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    Brad did not ask the blessing of Chantal's father. It was shown as unsolicited. When Brad speaks about having a father's blessing, he was dressed in the clothes he wore on Shawntel's date. We do not know what or who he was referring to. Although several parental units gave him their blessing, it was unsolicited.
    listen again the part. the PI voice of brad state clearly that he wants chantal's father blessing

we may not have seen it but I am pretty sure it was asked at a certain point

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom View Post
    I don't find it weird at all. It's very possible that Brad did meet others in the family, they just didn't show it in the edit. From a storyline perspective, the story here has been about Emily as a single mother, who lost the love of her life and her daughter's father. The "Emily and Brad" story is about him becoming a part of her life with her daughter... In the interest of time, they chose to focus the edit to continue their story forward.

I'm going to guess we'll see that uncertainty right to the very end. IMO, after meeting Emily's daughter, Brad was even more distanced from Emily than he'd been before. He respected her a lot, as he said, and to me he was telling her that he wasn't going to be romantic with her when he knew he wasn't going to choose her, especially not with her daughter upstairs. That was a little too real for him, and he knows he's not in love with her.

But from an editing standpoint, they are showcasing this as "Emily the mom" - as much as they did with "Jason the dad" in both Deanna's season and his own.

From a "real life" perspective -- as a parent, my FAMILY of course extends outward, but my child is the number one most important person in my life... the one whose opinion matters more than anything. These hometown dates are about getting approval from whomever that person is to the potential F1 - the one whose approval matters most. For Emily, that's her daughter and that is the family that Brad most needs to be okay with being a part of.
    I understand perfectly why the producers did not focus on emily's family. Obviously the Hendrick is part of her every day life which is normal since ricky is their beloved grandchild.

It is also logical since they want the public to focus that emily is ready to move on (very very clear from the producers at the nascar date when they showed the emotional goodbye to ricky)

I understand they wish emily be: the single mom with tragic past, struggling to raise her beloved daughter without a father, the woman who never dated (oups wrong here) and is now alllllll alone (with the help of the Hendricks) blah blah blah

I am not making fun of emily. I am making fun of the edit here. I am convinced that emily is a very decent person and looks like indeed ready to move on. But it is tiring to see the producers give us the storyline like she is holly and all.... I mean, the girl felt in love at 15, got pregnant at 18, lost her love in a tragic accident sadly but moved on and DATED since she said that a BILLION of guys are scared of her past... I mean she never stayed alllllll very alone at home.... that is not true with what she shared during the episodes and what was said in the medias with dale for example..... 2 differents sides there. I am sure she is cute and all it is the edit I found stupid.

Of course as grandparents they are family indeed and not strangers so the family is not only emily's parents at this point.

BUT still..... funny that nobody seems bothered about that really.

I agree that brad chilled BIG TIME with emily and it was much too real. He loves children and I truly believe that he set bars on about what he was ready to do for the show.

Lets not forget that brad made in decision in anguilla... he is only waiting the green light of chantal's family which is the next hometown date after emily.
    Last edited by Shelby101; 02-23-2011 at 04:54 AM.

I'm just wondering, but did Jason call Melissa's parent's before proposing to her on his season since they didn't want to be a part of the HTD?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    I'm just wondering, but did Jason call Melissa's parent's before proposing to her on his season since they didn't want to be a part of the HTD?
    interresting!

Guess we will never know uh?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    Partial transcription at the beginning of the episode

Chantal is completely different from the other women.
    She is not timid. She is not shy.
    And I have so much fun with this woman.
    I do not hold back a single bit with Chantal
    I see a real life with Chantal and in a lot of ways I want ChantalO to be my wife

producers scripts:

but I have questions.
    I do think that she is emotional. She is entitled to emotions, everyone is.
    What I can't deal in a relationship is an emotional roller coaster
    The emotional side of Chantal, it worries me
    I really hope that in Chantal hometown, I will see a less emotional side of chantal so we can move forward

===

We know that the producers to have a theme for each girl and this above confirms even more the edits about chantal

I am positive that if we take the whole picture, chantal is not that emotional but the edit will looks like it

Same with michelle, they just put an etiquette on her that she was the b*** of the season but mostly all the girls in the house thought she was nice... how come?

And each girl do have a role to play like that.

This said... I thought that the words were pretty strong to give us a clue that Chantal is indeed the F1

NOTE: anyone notice that during the time he spoke with Chris H before the cocktail party, Brad said something like" I have strong feelings about chantal for a long time now" and ChrisH did snort a little bit at this statement? It was like he wanted to express the : NO KIDDING?

vs emily:

Emily has been thru a lot. She had someone in her life that she cared so much about. (emily: he was the absolute love of my life)
    There is so much love that Emily has for her ex that she holds on on that and rightfully so but it sets the bars very high to any man to come in emily's life but I want to be giving that oportunity so badly. I will try my hard to break thru to emily
    Em, I do not want to get away from any conversation or anything. I want to be myself but this is me. I move very slowly and trust me that it is not of lack of interest. I care more for you that I should most probably say right now.

There is something very real with emily and I
    She is what I am looking for as a wife. She is just is.
    I thought emily and I in anguilla took a major step forward in our relationship
    But emily is so much deeper than her and I. Emily has a daughter.
    I am falling so hard for emily. How in my right mind, in the end of all this. how can I propose to someone when I did not even met her daughter? How can I do that?

======

And more than that? How can you propose when the woman did not even say a single time that she is falling for him???? A relationship must be mutual no?

She even said in anguilla that she wanted more from brad. So the statement about they took a major setp forward in anguilla is BS.

No doubt that he has a ready made family with emily but he clearly said that the bars are very high.... to high for him???

but maybe not high enough for one of the 25 she will meet soon....

==========

emily: is he ready to put the shoes of the absolute love of emily's life? Is he ready to become a stepfather right now? Will emily move to austin (never ever mentionned and will the Hendricks be okay with that?)? Will emily accept him the way he is? How long will brad move slowly and why that?

chantal: will she be emotional all the time? Is he ready to cop with that?

Seams to me that there are a lot of unanswered question with emily rather than with chantal which is outside the show, in real life, is chantal the same? It is very clear that with chantal he is confortable and he is not with emily. period.
    Last edited by Shelby101; 02-23-2011 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    Yes, he did. I remember them showing his part of the phone conversation. I just don't remember if Melissa was with him or if he was alone.