Page 9 of 200 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

FORT Fan

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;4193459;
    I saw the lovestory unfold with Ali and Roberto, eventho they pushing Ali and Chris at us. Remember, the TPTB was you to focus on the fake lovestory....not the real one.
    I guess we shouldn't focus on the in-your-face chemistry, "I love you" multiple times, "just send me home" multiple times and meltdowns weekly then. I'm willing to go with a lovesory slowly unfolding...

Off-topic on the discussion of "deals" and position order, but these are just a couple of random thoughts that no one probably cares about now...

The edit of Brad and Emily's island date was poorly done since some scenes that were supposed to look sequential were actually spliced together. In some shots, her hair has clearly been recently wet. In others, it's dry and blowing in the breeze.

We also were shown another reason why Michelle's edit was a payback for bad behavior--she refused to cooperate and cry for the camera in her limo ride of shame. I can only imagine what the handler/camera person tried to do to get her to talk and cry, but no, she simply curled up on the seat. I was waiting for her to close her eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4193354;
    Also, Chantal's picture was situated so that while the camera was on Brad's face, we saw her picture in the background.

I am telling you that these two seasons' RC's are paralleling especially with Roberto/Chantal but often with all F4 positions as well.
    Bloomers, what is strange about the parallel between Ali/Brad is it is a little off right now. What I mean by this is: In episode six Ali told CH she did not want a cparty, she knew who she was sending home. Remember Justin had already left early and she sent CraigR home. Brad did the same thing in episode seven. Same storyline just different episodes. In the episode without the party, Roberto gets the rose first, then chris, and last Kirk. Frank and Ty already have a rose. so that part would match up if you compare storyline instead of episode. I hope I am making sense.... As you said,,,,,,, screwball
    "Love Never Fails"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cookie5;4193471;
    Bloomers, what is strange about the parallel between Ali/Brad is it is a little off right now. What I mean by this is: In episode six Ali told CH she did not want a cparty, she knew who she was sending home. Remember Justin had already left early and she sent CraigR home. Brad did the same thing in episode seven. Same storyline just different episodes. In the episode without the party, Roberto gets the rose first, then chris, and last Kirk. Frank and Ty already have a rose. so that part would match up if you compare storyline instead of episode. I hope I am making sense.... As you said,,,,,,, screwball
    They line up perfectly tonight, though.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

The new, improved Brad has gone through therapy and emotionally he is ready to handle another chance with a woman. He understands himself and ostensibly by natural progress, women, since it takes one to have a relationship, right?

So, let's see by the edit how he does in last night's edit with the group date.

At 2:00 AM, he rousts Ashley, Chantal, and Michelle out of bed, and he tells them they are going for a treat. We hear in a VO that it is "something every woman dreams of." Right, Brad. That is something that I really, really want to do in my wildest dreams is to expose my middle-aged body -even though it isn't over weight - that has begun to sag and bag in all of its not so splendid glory to the whole world.

Ashley worries about her small breasts, and although she is going to try and appear confident, the insecure Chantal worries that she has eaten too much in the last few days and it is going to show in the photos.
    So much for "something every girl would love to do."

The edited confident and aggressive Michelle takes the bull by the horns and comes out on top as usual and does the beach scene "From Here to Eternity" with Brad which causes great jealousy, insecurity, and consternation in the other two.

Brad can tell this is an extremely tense moment, but instead of just talking it through with all three and acknowledging that he realizes that they all did well with the shoot but there is only one rose, he decides to talk with each individually and to see if he can schmooze his way through it.

This works with Ashley only because she gets the rose.

Ashley tells Brad that she feels like she is "somebody's little sister." Brad knows that he doesn't want Ashley to feel like his sister. He doesn't know what the heck he is going to do with the other two, but Ashley can't feel like that, so she gets the rose....

and the other two get hacked off big time.

Chantal begins to cry...again - what time is this?

Brad says, "Will you come with me," and for the first time, she denies him.
    He begins to panic.

Now what is he going to do? Girl # 2 is acting up, and he has already given out the rose!

The other 2 get up and leave and he sits down. She tells him in essence that she feels that she gave everthing she had ( I would too if I had taken off my top in front of all of the world), and that he couldn't even pick her 1 out of 3.

In the military they have a saying. "You have let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird butt."
    In essence, he says back to her, "You don't understand me."

As the kids in my Middle School classes would have said to him, "That was not a smooth move, Brad."
    She was not interested at that time in understanding you. You are an insensitive jerk, end of the sentence, period.

Yes, indeed, Brad got himself into a hard place!

My assessment according to last night's edit as it relates to women and a relationship is that Brad needs to go back for further therapy.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

General thoughts: I wanted to get my thoughts out before the board discussion could change what I saw in the episode. I will adjust for other evidence after stating what I saw both last night and in preview to next week.
    I do think CH was right that this week would be pivotal to the ending as well as next week’s hometown dates. I think Brad has now figured out who he wants and how he has to make it happen. I think when he thought he lost Chantal’s love for good on the group date; he realized that she is the one for him. He sent Michelle home to clear out the drama which will allow Chantal to be the confident, sassy girl that he fell in love with. Her hometown date seems to really take them back to the great place they were at in Catalina and he sees her not as the emotional girl, but the sassy, fun girl she is in real life and that she is still his hearts desire and best fit. She has both friendship/communication and romance/sexual attraction indicative of “the one” role. This is lining up to a classic F1. I will give more details of Brantal below.
    Bremily aren’t in baby steps, the baby is just learning to sit up and roll over. Brashley is in crawling stages. Brantal and Brawntel are the toddlers running all over the house. Shawntel’s family and the morbidness of her date are going to scare Brad off and he will send her home. Emily should be a lot more advanced in her love story even if she is a “hidden F1.” They have never gone this long hiding a connection before, and the edit doesn’t seem to support a sudden switch to her in the end. Brad is physically attracted to her, but the lack of communication and easy friendship will be their downfall. Ashley and Emily’s relationships pale to Brantal’s in both romance and friendship and like Meredith with F2 Matthew and F3 Chad the roles of friend and lover are blurred to the point where we almost have two friends. I will put Emily in the “lover” role because of their communication issues. Ashley had “friend” comment in her conversation with Brad last night, possible foreshadowing and name to her edit and we will see her spark with Brad wane a lot in the next two episodes and she will be sent home the F3.

Chantal O’Brien:
    Chantal’s risk/reward and Ms. Right F1 edit took a huge step forward due to the issues of the group date last night. She is in love with him, but hugely worried that he will either send her home or not choose anybody and she was hurt by Ashley’s rose (Michelle was pissed, Chantal was hurt.) She is now putting the breaks on the ILY and is now expressing to Brad that she is having trouble trusting him because his walls are up and she is really afraid that she is going to be seriously hurt. This is a textbook R/R edit and in the past has been an F1 edit (Helene E, Ian M, Mary D, and Tessa H.) Brad also has risk/reward with Chantal because of the emotional side of her that could be potential high maintenance or drama (F1 edit for Jerry F, Jesse C, Melissa/Molly and Vienna.) He has to risk that she will stabilize (she will) once the crazy bubble is over. They definitely have sexual attraction, but they have great friendship and communication also. She has deepest connection on both friendship and physical fronts making her “the one” rather than the lover or the friend. Also, in his quest to get her to trust him, he expressed that they are different and that her personality (which is complimentary to his) is perfect for him and that she can trust that she is a match for him. He is pointing out to Chantal directly (and to the viewer) to watch for this as the reason why he keeps controversial Chantal rather than lovable Emily. This is the classic Ms. Right F1 edit. We will have to wait until the FRC is over and dust has settled to figure out which pattern dominated (for adjustment of sleuth guide for next year) but I feel strongly that our spoilers are correct and Ms. Obrien is our F1 at this point with a combination of Risk/Reward and Ms. Right story line. I think the hometowns are going to cement this.
    I know folks are going to jump off her bandwagon because of the awkwardness of the group date and the fact that he had one on ones with Shawntel and Emily, but I am telling you that there is a lot of Chantal/Brad’s storyline that we are just scratching the surface on. The edit this reminds me most of is Jake/Vienna (though Chantal is a way better person than Vienna.) In that season we also had combination of RR and Ms. Right F1 edit with a controversial F1 who was definitely given more negative edit in the house than F2 to set up risk/reward and them being Ms. Right despite the F2 being a more popular person with America.

Emily Maynard:
    Emily will introduce Brad to Ricki which will resolve any risk issues with her edit and will begin her new story line as the safe F2 who is Ms. Nice Girl, but not right for Brad. Like with Jake/Tenley, we have the F2 getting back story as false edit to confuse viewer into thinking that they had risk/reward, but back story isn’t enough to establish one’s edit pattern and the lack of drama/still waters with the lack of sexual spark is actually a “safety” edit as she represents “the path of least resistance” that is an F2 edit in the RR/S pattern. Also as Ms. Nice Girl, her personality isn’t as complimentary to Brad’s as Chantal and her walls/formalness intimidates him like Kiptyn and Tenley did for Jillian and Jake, despite them having way cleaner edits than Ed and Vienna and them being really sweet, good people. This is the F2 edit for the MNG/MR edit pattern. With Emily now getting a solid F2 edit and a new role as the “physical attraction only” “Lover” role (due to lack of relaxation and communication—could have heard crickets on their date, still at small talk stage) she is now getting an F2 (or F3) role as well. We have caps placing her on her LCD so I believe this makes her the F2. The hometowns and the fantasy date will further establish her as the calm waters that he can use to (move extremely slow with like he said to her on one on one date) but to do so, would mean that Brad is backing his way out of truly making a choice for love. He isn’t “taking a chance” and that wouldn’t fit the image of the “changed” Brad. Like I said above, they aren’t even at “baby steps” stage, they aren’t even crawling yet. They are the infant learning to sit up or roll over before they learn to scoot or crawl. To me this is too slow a development that was similar to Chris L last year. Not enough time in the process to make it moving that slow.

Ashley Hebert:
    Ashley may have been the victor of the group date rose battle, but I believe she lost the war. In Brad moving to make her feel better, he hurt Chantal and feared that he lost her. He will now be working hard to make sure he doesn’t lose Chantal forever. As such, Ashley’s days are numbered. Ashley is neutral to R/R v. S and to MNG/MR as well and with the lack of LCD caps of her, she is the F3. She probably would’ve been the F4 if not for Shawntel’s bad hometown date. She is definitely getting the friend role now as she has solid communication and friendship with Brad but lack the great passion of Brantal and she doesn’t attract him with exotic beauty physically like Bremily. Coupled with her expressing that she felt like the friend next door to Brad, this is our video confirmation of her role as “the friend.”

Ashley may have been the victor of the group date rose battle, but I believe she lost the war. In Brad moving to make her feel better, he hurt Chantal and feared that he lost her. He will now be working hard to make sure he doesn’t lose Chantal forever. As such, Ashley’s days are numbered. Ashley is neutral to R/R v. S and to MNG/MR as well and with the lack of LCD caps of her, she is the F3. She probably would’ve been the F4 if not for Shawntel’s bad hometown date. She is definitely getting the friend role now as she has solid communication and friendship with Brad but lack the great passion of Brantal and she doesn’t attract him with exotic beauty physically like Bremily. Coupled with her expressing that she felt like the friend next door to Brad, this is our video confirmation of her role as “the friend.”

Caviat: This is the edit thread, so I will not post my thoughts on whether to believe my source that this is real vs. Lithargic's source saying it's not and leave that for another thread on another day. This is to set up what I think the edit will be for the rest of the season and the story we are being given to watch by TPTB.
    Last edited by bevorules; 02-15-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: to clean up post.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4194003;
    General thoughts: I wanted to get my thoughts out before the board discussion could change what I saw in the episode. I will adjust for other evidence after stating what I saw both last night and in preview to next week. ...[clipped to save space]
    That was awesome analysis of the stories we're being shown. Nicely done.

Second One on one: Emily

Section 1 (These are the things Brad says on his date with Emily that we don’t physically see him saying. We don’t know when he said them and we do not know who he is talking about for sure)

1. “She has everything, literally, I’ve ever looked for”
    2. “And in fact, in a lot of ways, I feel like I don’t deserve to be with this woman”
    3. “So it makes me nervous”
    4. “I am hopeful”
    5. “I have what I would consider to be”
    6. “So I have the entire day with her and I cannot wait to see what happens”
    7. “I want it to got to a whole other level, someplace that we haven’t been before”
    8. “It’s only the two of us and I want to take the opportunity to tell her exactly how I feel”
    9. “This is the ideal scenario for a guy to tell a girl how he’s feeling”
    10. “So I’d have the chance to tell her exactly how I feel”
    11. “And I still find myself being so nervous”
    12. “Finally, finally told her exactly how I was feeling”
    13. “We’re in a much better place in our relationship right now”
    14. “I’m a lucky guy”
    15. “I finally took the opportunity to tell her how I felt”
    16. “Like I’ve said a million times before, family is so very important to me”
    17. “I’m really curious to figure out”
    18. “I want to meet her daughter”
    19. “I understand”
    20. “I have five other women back at the villa that I have some pretty strong relationships with”
    21. “But it would be very, very difficult for me”
    22. “So I want to erase her fears a little bit”
    23. “I fell very, very hard tonight”

Section 2 (These are things we see Brad say while dressed in the clothes he wore on the date with Emily; however, he does not identify by name who he is talking about)

1. “One of the most romantic dates I’ve ever planned in my life (wearing t-shirt from first part of date)

Section 3 (These are things Brad says that we know are about Emily because he identifies her by name; however, we do not see him physically say them and don’t know for sure when they were said)

1. “Last time I was with Emily in Costa Rica, we fumbled a little bit”
    2. “I’m taking Emily to our own private island in the middle of the Caribbean”
    3. “Emily and I are alone in our own private paradise”
    4. “But I can’t for the life of me figure out why I’m still tense around Emily”
    5. “I feel like Emily and I have truly broken new ground”
    6. “I had such an amazing date with Emily today”
    7. “Emily’s hesitation about allowing me to meet her daughter”
    8. “Today I’m very hopeful that a relationship with Emily takes off”
    9. “I told Emily, I’m giving you a rose, we’re going to your home town, I broke a few rules”

Section 4 (these are the things we actually see Brad say about Emily and their date).

1. “I respect Emily to no end, I love our conversation, I think she’s the most beautiful woman” (*** new twist here, he is not wearing the clothes from his date with Emily when he says this)
    2. “What exactly am I going to be doing if I go to Emily’s home town next week” (again, not wearing the clothes from his date with Emily here)
    3. “to get down on one knee and propose to this woman, having not met the most important thing in Emily’s life and that’s her daughter” (again, not wearing the clothes from his date with Emily”
    4. “I don’t care about the rules right now, I care about Emily” (and once again, not wearing the clothes from his date with Emily)

So…. What does this mean? Again, I’m not sure. And just to be clear, I’m still not rooting for anyone. Here are my thoughts:

The only statement that we know Brad made for sure about Emily during this date is “One of the most romantic dates I’ve ever planned in my life.” He was wearing the t-shirt from first part of date his date with her when he said it, and in my humble opinion, this is definitely not substantial. Then, they threw in a twist with the four statements in section 4 (that I would normally take as solid evidence) in that he was wearing a blue, plaid shirt (not the shirt from his date) when he made them. Later in the episode he identifies, while wearing the plaid shirt, that his date with Emily was the day before he made the statements. Not sure what to make of this, but in any event, it would seem he cares about Emily, he respects her, he loves their conversations, and he thinks she’s beautiful. That could be good, or it could all be followed by a big BUT……

I still suspect we aren’t going to know for sure where this thing is headed until after the hometown dates.

A couple interesting things I have noted that I think may be important to the edit …..

1. Shawntel said to Brad in this episode “You’ll fall in love.” He responded with “maybe I already am.” Is he? If he is, who is it?
    2. One of the things he said to Shawntel in this episode was that he likes things to be “natural” and “not having to force things.” While I’m not on anyone’s team, he has been using terminology such as “fumbled” “tense” “hesitation” “breaking through walls” “don’t know how to read” etc with Emily thus far in the edit. Does this indicate natural?
    3. It rained on Shawntel’s date. Could some of the statements that we’ve assumed he’s made about Chantal and the rain in the past actually have been made about Shawntel? Is she the winner? Doubtful, so why was this bit about the rain with them in the edit? Was it a reminder of Chantal?
    4. I’ve been thinking about the statement way back from Chantal “I have to trust that you are man enough to get where you need to be at the end of this.” Foreshadowing? Is he man enough to pick Emily and to take on not only a relationship but the responsibility of a child? Is he man enough to reject Emily to be with Chantal? Some how I think that was an important statement whichever way it turns out.

Cheers!

Thank you so much Bananaloaf!! I always look forward to your post

thank you bananaloaf your efforts are very much appreciated
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club