Page 65 of 200 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    [/B]
    RS and Lethargic did that. And their sources are involved they say... sort of... so to speak. I only post what I see and observe. I can't change my mind until someone shows me something I hadn't observed. It's all good!
    Exactly!

FORT Regular

OK, at the risk of looking like a jerk or someone who is on the 'Chantal is Fat' bandwagon (which I never have been), I have a question about the following:

Top Left: Chantal on the first night at the meet and greet. Defined facial features, toned arms, tight chin.

Bottom Left: Chantal during the last episode in Anguilla. Chubby face, her slender torso and shoulders now look very wide, and undefined chin.

Right: Her prom photo from high school. A little chubby, double chin.

I'm not trying to be mean- I just want to ask a question as I am no super model myself. But Chantal seems to have gained an inordinate amount of weight over the weeks on the show while the other girls remain the same.

She's only in her 20's and hasn't even had children yet so I don't understand. Is she compensating for her emotions with food, does she have a medical condition, did she crash diet before the show only to gain it back quickly from the yo-yo diet, or is she naturally prone towards weight gain? I won't even go the route of the SI shoot because I'm not trying to hurt her. I just don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by junkfilter777 View Post
    OK, at the risk of looking like a jerk or someone who is on the 'Chantal is Fat' bandwagon (which I never have been), I have a question about the following:

Top Left: Chantal on the first night at the meet and greet. Defined facial features, toned arms, tight chin.

Bottom Left: Chantal during the last episode in Anguilla. Chubby face, her slender torso and shoulders now look very wide, and undefined chin.

I'm not trying to be mean- I just want to ask a question as I am no super model myself. But Chantal seems to have gained an inordinate amount of weight over the weeks on the show while the other girls remain the same.

She's only in her 20's and hasn't even had children yet so I don't understand. Is she compensating for her emotions with food, does she have a medical condition, did she crash diet before the show only to gain it back quickly from the yo-yo diet, or is she naturally prone towards weight gain? I won't even go the route of the SI shoot because I'm not trying to hurt her. I just don't understand.
    Some women gain and lose weight very quickly. Speaking for myself, I can gain 10lbs in a matter of 2-3 weeks by eating poorly. By the same token, I can lose up to 5lbs in a week if I just eat healthy, work out, and drink lots of water. It's just the way some women are made. I'm sure when she comes out at ATFR, she's going to be like she was at M&G. Plus living with Brad the Health Freak (gym hrs/day, egg white omelets) will help her stay away from unhealthy foods and encourage her to work-out.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna View Post
    Some women gain and lose weight very quickly. Speaking for myself, I can gain 10lbs in a matter of 2-3 weeks by eating poorly. By the same token, I can lose up to 5lbs in a week if I just eat healthy, work out, and drink lots of water. It's just the way some women are made. I'm sure when she comes out at ATFR, she's going to be like she was at M&G. Plus living with Brad the Health Freak (gym hrs/day, egg white omelets) will help her stay away from unhealthy foods and encourage her to work-out.
    I think this is definitely true of Chantal. At the HTD's, she already looks like she's almost back to her skinnier self!

And the pic we have of her on the safari, she looks much lighter than she did at the SI date. I think she just adds/loses pounds easily.

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    I think this is definitely true of Chantal. At the HTD's, she already looks like she's almost back to her skinnier self!

And the pic we have of her on the safari, she looks much lighter than she did at the SI date. I think she just adds/loses pounds easily.
    Yup, I wonder if she was just retaining a lot of water at the photoshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by kelad9 View Post
    I would have to agree with you on Chantal being hidden....Her comments to me when we talk about the show is I love Emily and that she thinks Chantal is dramatic and isn't sure brad is going to choose Chantal O. I say the show is cleverly editing both Chantal O and Emily this time around. ...(edited)
    Neither Emily nor Chantal have been hidden since the first episode. Chantal's relationship with Brad was hidden until episode 3 when it exploded onto the screen. Emily's relationship with Brad has been layered with obstacles, problems, highlighted awkward moments/silences, and doubt, doubt, doubt.

I do agree that the unspoiled viewer might dismiss Chantal as Brad's F1 based on the dramatic edit. Since week 2, she's departed from her level-headed nature into an edited insecure crier and confrontational person.

On the same token, I don't think that everyone watching thinks that things are peachy-keen on the Emily-front. Actually, several unspoiled friends think he picks Shawntel simply because they have such ease. Emily is just as complicated an edit as Chantal.

Re. the "old-school Bachelor" comment, Chris said it in an interview with TVGuide. In the context of the interview in which he said that there were no scandals, I interpreted his comment to mean it's a straight-forward season. No scandals, no coming-and-going cast, no early departures, no F2 leaving before the RC. Plain and simple straight-line-to-the-final-rose.

Could it be that he was referring to the edit? Maybe. In a discussion with another poster who's watched since old-school Bachelor, it was stated that the edits back then were also fairly simplistic.

The F1 was a favorite, or at least, highly likable.

They often played the F2 against each other as good girl vs. bad girl.

Take from that what you will.

Add to it these two notes:

TxMav stated pre-season that this season's editing would be "tricky."

After Brad's first season, the lead story writer changed. Since then, the F1's edit has been the less likable character along the order of Ed, Vienna. We didn't get that with Roberto.

From a storyline perspective, we'll just have to keep watching. Right now, both girls' edits put them on equal footing: there is considerable doubt around both of them after Chantal's upsetment last week. Emily, well, when has there not been doubt?

Think about both girls' conflicts as they would relate to Brad's own conflict. What is his conflict? Whichever girl will help him resolve that conflict is the F1.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green View Post
    To me Brad/Emily is so reminiscent of Brad/Bettina..tense, awkward with some notworthy kisses thrown in there. It leaves me indifferent.
    I can not for the life of me see any chemistry, nor romance between the two even when they were in the most romantic of settings. I'd hate to think that the only way that I can see that Emily as F1 is through the blogs..I want to see it on my screen. Some would say that it's there for everyone to see,but the same was said about Bettina and we know now (from BFC and Brad) that Bettina was never going to be F1..it was Deanna hands down had he chosen someone...so yeah, if Emily is F1..then I would feel totally cheated!
    While it may seem that way to some, we have Brad, in his own words, say
    After I left Emily that night I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders because our relationship had reached a place I so badly wanted it to go.
    That is something he never said about Bettina, so while it may seem that way to some, Brad's not feeling that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    not sure but going in south africa.... I would be so upset not being able to do a safari or the shark stuff... doing a beach or winery would be extremely mild in my book. nothing special really.

maybe somebody who know south africa would tell us what can be done there?
    Ahhh...but Emily's doing a safari on elephant back - how many people can say they get to do that??
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe View Post
    I saw the sparks with Roberto and Ali last Season too, but most of the poster didn't see it. That's my point. I see what's happening with Brad and Emily, but the majority of poster don't. jmo
    Last season some thought Frank was the true F1, Roberto F2, and Chris/Kirk F4 or F3.

Based on their edits it was stated that Frank was the F1 and when he left Ali to get back with his ex she ended up single.

All I am saying is sometimes nothing fits until you watch the finale and then it all makes sense. Everything happens for a reason and people see things differently based on a number of factors.

Right now who people think Brad ends up with is based on an opinion. No one will be right or wrong until the finale airs.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by junkfilter777 View Post

The pic lower left is not her fault but is the fault of the camera itself... There are other SCs of her in the same outfit that are normal in camera settings... And she is not fat as you described her to be

Pic upper right as a mid teen show she has not physically matured yet thats all
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Neither Emily nor Chantal have been hidden since the first episode. Chantal's relationship with Brad was hidden until episode 3 when it exploded onto the screen. Emily's relationship with Brad has been layered with obstacles, problems, highlighted awkward moments/silences, and doubt, doubt, doubt.

I do agree that the unspoiled viewer might dismiss Chantal as Brad's F1 based on the dramatic edit. Since week 2, she's departed from her level-headed nature into an edited insecure crier and confrontational person.

On the same token, I don't think that everyone watching thinks that things are peachy-keen on the Emily-front. Actually, several unspoiled friends think he picks Shawntel simply because they have such ease. Emily is just as complicated an edit as Chantal.

Re. the "old-school Bachelor" comment, Chris said it in an interview with TVGuide. In the context of the interview in which he said that there were no scandals, I interpreted his comment to mean it's a straight-forward season. No scandals, no coming-and-going cast, no early departures, no F2 leaving before the RC. Plain and simple straight-line-to-the-final-rose.

Could it be that he was referring to the edit? Maybe. In a discussion with another poster who's watched since old-school Bachelor, it was stated that the edits back then were also fairly simplistic.

The F1 was a favorite, or at least, highly likable.

They often played the F2 against each other as good girl vs. bad girl.

Take from that what you will.

Add to it these two notes:

TxMav stated pre-season that this season's editing would be "tricky."

After Brad's first season, the lead story writer changed. Since then, the F1's edit has been the less likable character along the order of Ed, Vienna. We didn't get that with Roberto.

From a storyline perspective, we'll just have to keep watching. Right now, both girls' edits put them on equal footing: there is considerable doubt around both of them after Chantal's upsetment last week. Emily, well, when has there not been doubt?

Think about both girls' conflicts as they would relate to Brad's own conflict. What is his conflict? Whichever girl will help him resolve that conflict is the F1.
    what is the conflict really?

one girl is emotional and already in love and the other girl is not emotional at all and not in love.

Tricky, maybe. Because both are likeable. The tricky part I see is that for the first time in the history of bachelor, a F2 will reject the bachelor. THAT would be a first and a tricky ending. Everything else is predictable: emotion, in love, dramas, tears, jealousy.... same old same old each bachelor season: cat fights expected, no surprise there

Bremily will see that he picked chantal per default and the brantal will see it as it was chantal since the slap.
    • Brad will be confirmed as the changed man they claimed since the beginning
    • chantal and brad will be the next couple in love (success and trust gained back since ali & roberto = 2 happy ending in a row after so many flop in the history of the bachelor: trista, jason per default and ali, not much)
    • emily will be the next bachelorette and if she wants it.

And I am sure that this time around they played her differently than chrisL. I am sure she would get everything she wants even bring her daughter in the mansion if necessary. If she is the rejector all the fans will still love her because of her ricky story and her daughter and the edit she got (doll with a mother theresa spirit... an angel... a pure south lady... I mean MG! I hope that she will keep everyone's standard because WOW! THAT is a lot to take). But if she is the rejectee then she has the votes of all the ladies (the very same they played with chrisL plus extra more I think)

Now if emily refuses (not likely in my book), they do have the bitchy michelle that can fit the shoes. Enough controversy to bring raw emotions from all the fans... after all, the producers played incredible with brad with the redemption... why not with michelle money, the actress of the year (BTW nobody talked that much about her movie hon! )

It is a win-win situation for everyone involved.

So unless emily jumped on brad's arms and tell him that she is madly in love with him .... which is rare enough at that point to have a F2 NOT IN LOVE with the bachelor (= rejector therory)... we all need to prepare to know exactly the ending.

It is always a matter of edit. Each and every season, they know pretty much in the middle who will be the F1.... so they just need to play around that and make sure that the F2 got all the spotlight for maximum effect and put the F2 into the doubt category.... again here same old same old... and the more seasons the more people root for their favorite and not the who will be the best fit fot the guy. Except this season, they got lucky because chantal is not the villain. Her emotional meltdowns put her in the next door girl category, the best friend that we want around. good choice fleiss!!!!!!

The way I really see it is that the love story started early on just like brad said. Everything else was just dust and lace to keep us occupied until the final rose ceremony.

Afterall BabyfaceC, best friend of Brad, confirmed that brad is still in love and that is a sure thing... which I truly believe too, because I truly saw a love story this season in front of me
    Last edited by Shelby101; 02-20-2011 at 09:18 PM.