Page 64 of 200 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I so agree! I keep hearing Dr. Phil's voice in my head -- we're just dudes, we don't know what women want, you have to tell us what you want! Combine that with production staff in his ear telling him Chantal is OK with everything going on, she'll be OK with giving Ashley the rose on the SI date, she's secure that she's staying. Phew! Who wouldn't have at least a major headache, if not a complete meltdown over this stuff? Oh, Emily wouldn't. She's cool calm and collected. IMO she has much less invested in this process than either Brad or Chantal.
    Re the bolded ~ couldn't agree more Alexxxx!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom View Post
    Or he also made plenty of comments about Chantal and they were edited out. We know they were written by Brad. Nothing was said about who edits them.
    I hope so LOL..because the idea that I need to see the love story through the blogs rather than the show is just sad

And the interesting thing I see is that people are clamoring for more of Emily. They want to see more of her personality, more of her interactions, more of HER. Which, IMO, is exactly what TPTB want for their next Bachelorette.
    yep..... and we have the nerve to accuse Fleiss for not knowing what the viewers want
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I don't think ChrisH was talking about an old school edit, as they weren't trying to set up the new lead when they did the edit in seasons past. I know I mentioned that the other day, that edit's done in the seasons before the "recycled" Bachelor/ette really don't hold much weight anymore as the purpose for them was different than it is now. In many ways the F2 (or future lead hopeful) edit is more important that the lead and his/her F1 and how they are portrayed.
    ITA. I made a list in another thread about how every season since they started recycling (with the exception of Jason's ) has had the F1 be the surprise (and in some cases, outrageous) pick, while the F2 or F3 (or F4 in the case of Ali) is the fan favorite, front runner, and the one the average unspoiled viewer thought would/should win (which makes them the obvious first choice for the next lead). And I think the only reason it didn't play out the same way in Jason's season is because he did his own even more outrageous switcheroo a week into the show airing, which I suspect reversed the edit for Melissa and Molly.

This formula has worked successfully for Fleiss for 5 seasons in a row; why change it now?

FORT Fogey

It's so funny how differently people see things. Edit wise, I think Emily is being broadcast in neon lights as the F1--down to every other girl in the house lamenting the "obvious" connection between them.

I think the chemistry is absolutely there with Chantal, but I also think from an F1 perspective, she's being hidden in the edit. If you were just watching this show on face value, without studying the body language and going off the words, the VOs and the conversations about Emily, I'd firmly believe she was F1.
    I totally agree with you. The "show" is definitely screaming "Emily for F1". Her hestation is not portrayed as negative but instead with vo's we see it as Brad chasing and desiring her. All of America wants her to find love and last weeks episode succeeded in everyone "seeing" the beginning of their love story which was conviniently foretold in Brad's blog.
    Chantal had an extremely positive first 1on1 that had most believing it was a done deal , but her "crying" has made many unspoiled viewers totally forget that date and therefore taken her out of the running. They feel that Brad certainly would not choose her drama and now the show is trying to push her "l love you's" to almost make her look desperate. Combine that with 2 weeks of being the last one to get rose has everyone believing he is on the bubble about sending her home each week. If she is F1 she is definitely "hidden" at this point to most unspoiled viewers.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Green View Post
    I agree that there is no denying that those blogs point to Emily as F1..They hold a lot of value knowing that they are Brad's and are not scripted (Per BFC).
    BFC said "Brad wrote his own blogs" as opposed to someone on staff writing them for him. This doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have guidelines/suggestions to follow or that they aren't "preapproved".
    Even if they said write anything, we don't care, Brad knows that he can't "reveal" his F1 so he would put safeguards on himself and his writing just as he does in interviews.
    I especially think of Andy. He would rave in interviews about Bevin and say very little of Tessa. I remember people on the boards constantly bringing that up. I was a Tessa fan so that drove me crazy!

I have a question. Many of us can see how Emily's edit are leading to her being the next lead BUT, IF she's F1 .... how is Chantal's edit preparing her for the role of lead for next season? I just can't wrap my brain around that as I'm not seeing any kind of set-up here
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I have a question. Many of us can see how Emily's edit are leading to her being the next lead BUT, IF she's F1 .... how is Chantal's edit preparing her for the role of lead for next season? I just can't wrap my brain around that as I'm not seeing any kind of set-up here
    I'm not in this camp but I know many will compare her to Ali. The difference was Ali was a fan-favorite or at least they tried but failed when people ended up taking Vienna's side and called Ali a bully.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I agree with the bolded, and I suspect Brad was encouraged by the producers to keep Michelle at least this long, because she is reality show gold, and since it really didn't require him to send anyone home instead that he was remotely interested in anyway (Alli? Jackie? Lisa(who?)?) until now, I'm sure Brad was happy to oblige them. I do think Brad put his foot down when it came to considering a HTD with Michelle (although I'm sure the producers would have loved to see how crazy that might have gotten), and that's why he finally eliminated her.

As to the rest, sadly, I think Brad was pretty oblivious to how difficult things were for Chantal throughout this process, and how much the producers manipulated him and the situation to cause her maximum angst, partly because he's never been through it from that side himself, partly because he was under the naive assumption that the producers were his friends and looking out for his (and by extension, her) best interests, and partly because he's a stereotypical guy just learning to get in touch with his own emotions. I suspect he has since gotten an earful from Chantal and feels extremely regretful/dumb about it, and it's why he's willing and almost anxious to take so much crap from her and all the blame as the episodes are now airing.
    When I saw the last deleted scene where the three girls came home, I thought that this will help Brad understand how the girls are feeling. Ashley was really clear about how important that rose was and what is signified. She felt the same way Chantal and probably Michelle did, she was just on the side of feeling happy and waving it around. Brad just did not get that this rose was not just a pacifier or a matter of timing - whether he intended it to or not, it really signified something to the girls.
    Last edited by carefree2; 02-20-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4 View Post
    I totally agree with you. The "show" is definitely screaming "Emily for F1". Her hestation is not portrayed as negative but instead with vo's we see it as Brad chasing and desiring her. All of America wants her to find love and last weeks episode succeeded in everyone "seeing" the beginning of their love story which was conviniently foretold in Brad's blog.
    Chantal had an extremely positive first 1on1 that had most believing it was a done deal , but her "crying" has made many unspoiled viewers totally forget that date and therefore taken her out of the running. They feel that Brad certainly would not choose her drama and now the show is trying to push her "l love you's" to almost make her look desperate. Combine that with 2 weeks of being the last one to get rose has everyone believing he is on the bubble about sending her home each week. If she is F1 she is definitely "hidden" at this point to most unspoiled viewers.
    I would have to agree with you on Chantal being hidden. My CIL(Cousin in law) as an unspoiled isn't even registering Chantal O as a contender even after I asked her her thoughts on the Usweekly article that came out last week(which she didn't even see). Her comments to me when we talk about the show is I love Emily and that she thinks Chantal is dramatic and isn't sure brad is going to choose Chantal O. I say the show is cleverly editing both Chantal O and Emily this time around. My CIL wonders why I even like Chantal O and I had to say it's because she tells it like it is. Honest and direct. I also like Emily because Emily is the same way. Honest, direct but less dramatic. There were some parts of Chantal O that I did not like when she's being dramatic but that's the fault of editing and not the person herself.