Page 63 of 200 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    The edit this year is wonky. CH said it's old school bachelor. Did he mean the edit?

Old school bachelor edit would have Emily as F1 ... hidden, obstacle to overcome, less chemistry; and Chantal as F2 ... chemistry and lots of it, not hidden.
    It's so funny how differently people see things. Edit wise, I think Emily is being broadcast in neon lights as the F1--down to every other girl in the house lamenting the "obvious" connection between them.

I think the chemistry is absolutely there with Chantal, but I also think from an F1 perspective, she's being hidden in the edit. If you were just watching this show on face value, without studying the body language and going off the words, the VOs and the conversations about Emily, I'd firmly believe she was F1.

The edit this year is wonky. CH said it's old school bachelor. Did he mean the edit?

Old school bachelor edit would have Emily as F1 ... hidden, obstacle to overcome, less chemistry; and Chantal as F2 ... chemistry and lots of it, not hidden.

Then, Brad himself says several times he likes to take it slow. There is nothing slow about his edit with Chantal. It is similar to Jenni and Brad. We saw a lot more chemistry between Brad and Jenni than DeAnna and Brad. And for those of you who think that Brad can't act, try to pull up some of Valens videos she made of Brad and Jenni.

Brad talks about Emily in every one of his blogs; yet he defends Michelle in episodes where she clashes with Chantal. He says he doesn't like drama, and calls Chantal out on her drama. Chantal says the other women are weak, needy and emotionally unstable, and yet her edit shows her to be needy, weak and emotional.

Emily's edit ... will she overcome, can she love again, will Ricki accept Brad, etc.

Chantal's edit ... says early ILY, crying, insecure, tells him to send her home ... now this "send me home" theme is shown not only with Chantal, but with several others. Even Michelle in her interviews said she told Brad to send her home.

Brad's favorite week other than the FRC is Anguilla ... why? The snark in me wants to say because of the SI date, yet BabyfaceC's post leads away from that.

So, does Brad really like to take it slow, or does he like it fast and furious. Will the real Brad Womack please stand up!
    Good post with some good questions.

The edit is just wonky this year. I really hope to see more tomorrow night...time is running out.

Then, Brad himself says several times he likes to take it slow. There is nothing slow about his edit with Chantal. It is similar to Jenni and Brad. We saw a lot more chemistry between Brad and Jenni than DeAnna and Brad. And for those of you who think that Brad can't act, try to pull up some of Valens videos she made of Brad and Jenni.

Brad talks about Emily in every one of his blogs; yet he defends Michelle in episodes where she clashes with Chantal. He says he doesn't like drama, and calls Chantal out on her drama. Chantal says the other women are weak, needy and emotionally unstable, and yet her edit shows her to be needy, weak and emotional.

Emily's edit ... will she overcome, can she love again, will Ricki accept Brad, etc.

Chantal's edit ... says early ILY, crying, insecure, tells him to send her home ... now this "send me home" theme is shown not only with Chantal, but with several others. Even Michelle in her interviews said she told Brad to send her home.

Brad's favorite week other than the FRC is Anguilla ... why? The snark in me wants to say because of the SI date, yet BabyfaceC's post leads away from that.

So, does Brad really like to take it slow, or does he like it fast and furious. Will the real Brad Womack please stand up!
    I agree that there is no denying that those blogs point to Emily as F1..They hold a lot of value knowing that they are Brad's and are not scripted (Per BFC).

the butterfly season etherealfire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    The most ironic thing of all is where the FRC is held. Where? A winery. We've come full circle as that is where the relationship with he and Emily began. Just saying. Yea, Fleiss could be that cruel if Chantal is F1.
    This is really only that cruel if Emily wants to be F1 - sorry, JMO but I really can't see that she is that into Brad. If she isn't F1, we only have to look at her vlogs to know that she is just fine with the outcome of this show. She may not have decided to be the next Bette but I'll eat my hat if TBTP did not have her in mind for that role when she signed the dotted line to be in this season's show.
    "If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance." ~ anonymous

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I agree with the bolded, and I suspect Brad was encouraged by the producers to keep Michelle at least this long, because she is reality show gold, and since it really didn't require him to send anyone home instead that he was remotely interested in anyway (Alli? Jackie? Lisa(who?)?) until now, I'm sure Brad was happy to oblige them. I do think Brad put his foot down when it came to considering a HTD with Michelle (although I'm sure the producers would have loved to see how crazy that might have gotten), and that's why he finally eliminated her.

As to the rest, sadly, I think Brad was pretty oblivious to how difficult things were for Chantal throughout this process, and how much the producers manipulated him and the situation to cause her maximum angst, partly because he's never been through it from that side himself, partly because he was under the naive assumption that the producers were his friends and looking out for his (and by extension, her) best interests, and partly because he's a stereotypical guy just learning to get in touch with his own emotions. I suspect he has since gotten an earful from Chantal and feels extremely regretful/dumb about it, and it's why he's willing and almost anxious to take so much crap from her and all the blame as the episodes are now airing.
    I so agree! I keep hearing Dr. Phil's voice in my head -- we're just dudes, we don't know what women want, you have to tell us what you want! Combine that with production staff in his ear telling him Chantal is OK with everything going on, she'll be OK with giving Ashley the rose on the SI date, she's secure that she's staying. Phew! Who wouldn't have at least a major headache, if not a complete meltdown over this stuff? Oh, Emily wouldn't. She's cool calm and collected. IMO she has much less invested in this process than either Brad or Chantal.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4 View Post
    The thing with the "full circle" theory is that Brad had to know in the first week of filming that Emily was going to be his F1. Wasn't that the 2nd 1 on 1 date? There is no way that they would expect him to know who at that point. Not possible unless she was a predetermined to be F1. If they really wanted that theory then at least, I think, they would have made it the last 1 on 1 before leaving LA. I think it is just coincidence. Who, except for slueters, would even know the frc is at a winery.
    Besides, from a planning standpoint, wouldn't the producers have already selected ALL of their locations, secured and paid for rights, managed the plans for the dozens of people who need to be flown there, stay there, etc - LONG before the show even starts?? I would imagine that element is planned completely ahead of time.

I could see them having a list of dates and things to do once the show started, and showing it to Brad and asking his input on who to take on which date, but that wouldn't imply there was any connection at all to the FRC location -- I would have thought that had been chosen and lined up long before the individual dates were.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I agree with the bolded, and I suspect Brad was encouraged by the producers to keep Michelle at least this long, because she is reality show gold, and since it really didn't require him to send anyone home instead that he was remotely interested in anyway (Alli? Jackie? Lisa(who?)?) until now, I'm sure Brad was happy to oblige them. I do think Brad put his foot down when it came to considering a HTD with Michelle (although I'm sure the producers would have loved to see how crazy that might have gotten), and that's why he finally eliminated her.
    Besides, then they would have two "mom and daughter" home town dates to compete against each other, and I'm betting the producers were NOT going to let that happen. LOL
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-20-2011 at 08:45 PM.

I don't think ChrisH was talking about an old school edit, as they weren't trying to set up the new lead when they did the edit in seasons past. I know I mentioned that the other day, that edit's done in the seasons before the "recycled" Bachelor/ette really don't hold much weight anymore as the purpose for them was different than it is now. In many ways the F2 (or future lead hopeful) edit is more important that the lead and his/her F1 and how they are portrayed.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fanatic

... snipped ...

Point of clarification, B2W can you tell me where you got this info re Anguilla, please. TIA.
    The mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.

Quote Originally Posted by Green View Post
    I agree that there is no denying that those blogs point to Emily as F1..They hold a lot of value knowing that they are Brad's and are not scripted (Per BFC).
    This is true, but I could also see Brad doing two things ~

1) He is a gentleman, and considerate of others feelings. I think if Emily
    wasn't the F1 he would go out of his way to point out how
    special she is.

2) He doesn't want to make the obvious, obvious.
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I don't think ChrisH was talking about an old school edit, as they weren't trying to set up the new lead when they did the edit in seasons past. I know I mentioned that the other day, that edit's done in the seasons before the "recycled" Bachelor/ette really don't hold much weight anymore as the purpose for them was different than it is now. In many ways the F2 (or future lead hopeful) edit is more important that the lead and his/her F1 and how they are portrayed.
    And the interesting thing I see is that people are clamoring for more of Emily. They want to see more of her personality, more of her interactions, more of HER. Which, IMO, is exactly what TPTB want for their next Bachelorette.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22 View Post
    This is true, but I could also see Brad doing two things ~

1) He is a gentleman, and considerate of others feelings. I think if Emily
    wasn't the F1 he would go out of his way to point out how
    special she is.

2) He doesn't want to make the obvious, obvious.
    Or he also made plenty of comments about Chantal and they were edited out. We know they were written by Brad. Nothing was said about who edits them.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-20-2011 at 08:46 PM.