Page 56 of 200 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

based on the promo for next monday... anyone has the feeling that brad being unconfortable means that he already made his mind?

Remember that he said that he knew at season 2007 a couple of weeks before the final rose ceremony, meaning BEFORE the hometown.

I found brad very awkward with ashley like he did not want to upset her but he was not there

with shawtel, I think he knew not only that she would never leave chico for him but her job was too much (speaking about death all the time because it is her job)

with emily, ricki in the middle and the even more distance emily put in front of her daughter did not leave any intimacy there and the little girl's attitude would be too much work? I reserve my opinion here if emily introduce him to her family which was never mentionned so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueloveforever View Post
    In interviews, Brad said that he kind of knew on their first 1-1 date that she (Chantal) was the one.. The editing for Chantal really isn't strange.. she's only emotional when she's on group dates ever since Vegas because she started falling in love with him, and it hurts her seeing him with the other women, especially with what they have and esp. when she told him she loved him.

I think once HTD comes, we can really see more of Chantal and Brad together and see their love story that we've been promised.. as for Emily, they'll still continue to give her the next Bachelorette edit.

I was thinking yesterday- did the VO of Brad saying this is crazy really take place in Costa Rica or did it perhaps take place in Anguilla and they used it for the date with Chantal? Reason I asked is Brad is so very different in Anguilla. Not only was he emotionally shut down but he was also mentally shut down after that date with Emily except for his interactions and vo's aobut Chantal. The other girls I think he liked only as friends. I did think that perhaps with Brad being a commitment phobe and having had a parent that left that he might be putting Chantal through a test to see if she will stick with him when things go bad. JMO.
    I also think we're going to see a great HTD that will more than make up for the group date from hell in Anguilla. I don't see Brad testing Emily even thou he is chasing after her. I see him testing chantal a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by kelad9 View Post
    I was thinking yesterday- did the VO of Brad saying this is crazy really take place in Costa Rica or did it perhaps take place in Anguilla and they used it for the date with Chantal? Reason I asked is Brad is so very different in Anguilla. Not only was he emotionally shut down but he was also mentally shut down after that date with Emily except for his interactions and vo's aobut Chantal. The other girls I think he liked only as friends. I did think that perhaps with Brad being a commitment phobe and having had a parent that left that he might be putting Chantal through a test to see if she will stick with him when things go bad. JMO.
    I also think we're going to see a great HTD that will more than make up for the group date from hell in Anguilla. I don't see Brad testing Emily even thou he is chasing after her. I see him testing chantal a lot more.
    But seriously though, didn't you see Brad in Costa Rica after his one/one date with Chantal he couldn't even give the rose out to any of the girls an Emily was on that date... Like I said I don't see Brad as shutting down with any of the women after the one/one dates I see Brad as being emotionally tired after each of the one/one...The thing is Brad had 3 one/one before he got to the SI group date, Brad had no problems kissing Shawntell and I mean kissing her passionately after his date with Emily so he did not emotionally shut down.....I just think after dating one woman, then he have to go back to date several women at the same time just got a bit old fast.....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    But seriously though, didn't you see Brad in Costa Rica after his one/one date with Chantal he couldn't even give the rose out to any of the girls an Emily was on that date... Like I said I don't see Brad as shutting down with any of the women after the one/one dates I see Brad as being emotionally tired after each of the one/one...The thing is Brad had 3 one/one before he got to the SI group date, Brad had no problems kissing Shawntell and I mean kissing her passionately after his date with Emily so he did not emotionally shut down.....I just think after dating one woman, then he have to go back to date several women at the same time just got a bit old fast.....
    Agree. If you put yourself in Brad's shoes - assuming he has already, in his heart "picked" Chantal - think of how difficult that group date was. He's thrilled to see Chantal, but does not want to hurt the other girls so he has to keep his distance from her. It is probably easier for him to just "shut down" when he is with Chantal and other girls. I think, the way Brad's mind works it's all or nothing with Chantal. The easiest way to get through the date and not hurt the Michelle and Ashley is to turn off his intense feelings for Chantal. In his mind, and he even said this, he knows how he feels and he makes the wrong assumption that that is enough for Chantal. Who knows what was talked about between in Costa Rica but I am sure, on his part, he expected Chantal to no longer have any doubts and figured she would understand his "shut down" towards her in a group setting as necessary to continue the "show".
    I really think the editing is focusing (splicing and dicing) on the "shut down" moments in order to make the viewer question whether Brad is really into Chantal.

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4 View Post
    Agree. If you put yourself in Brad's shoes - assuming he has already, in his heart "picked" Chantal - think of how difficult that group date was. He's thrilled to see Chantal, but does not want to hurt the other girls so he has to keep his distance from her. It is probably easier for him to just "shut down" when he is with Chantal and other girls. I think, the way Brad's mind works it's all or nothing with Chantal. The easiest way to get through the date and not hurt the Michelle and Ashley is to turn off his intense feelings for Chantal. In his mind, and he even said this, he knows how he feels and he makes the wrong assumption that that is enough for Chantal. Who knows what was talked about between in Costa Rica but I am sure, on his part, he expected Chantal to no longer have any doubts and figured she would understand his "shut down" towards her in a group setting as necessary to continue the "show".
    I really think the editing is focusing (splicing and dicing) on the "shut down" moments in order to make the viewer question whether Brad is really into Chantal.
    I dont thik it has anything to do with Chantal at all. I think Brad is tired and especially tired of group dates. He does fine on dates where he is relating to one woman, whatever his realtionship happens to be, but the dynamics of more than one woman wear him out. He is no longer coping with the dynamics as well as he did earlier. But then he didn't care as much about some of the ladies. He has narrowed down the field to women with whom he has some kind of realtionship, that he cares about in some way. But he just isn't interested in interacting with them - any of them - except individually.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jelle View Post
    I dont thik it has anything to do with Chantal at all. I think Brad is tired and especially tired of group dates. He does fine on dates where he is relating to one woman, whatever his realtionship happens to be, but the dynamics of more than one woman wear him out. He is no longer coping with the dynamics as well as he did earlier. But then he didn't care as much about some of the ladies. He has narrowed down the field to women with whom he has some kind of realtionship, that he cares about in some way. But he just isn't interested in interacting with them - any of them - except individually.
    I agree. The competitiveness of the women can be overwhelming and like crabs trying to get to the top and things said and did should have been left along. That SI idea brought out the ugly

I kinda think like Brad.......enough of the fluff and filler and non-meaningfull hoopla and on to the finale. FRC are you here yet. Oooops I forgot they have to have all that to build a show around.........arrrrgh

I agree I don't think his shutting down that some say has anything to do with any particular woman because he did the say thing after Chantal's one/one when he went to the group date..I think this has more to do with Brad and him being emotionally drain after the one/one dates......

Quote Originally Posted by kelad9 View Post
    Sorry kelad.....it wasn't just a vo....it was a pi and his clothes, background, scenery everything, matched catalina date. I guess they could have shipped in a set just to fake a pi... I just don't think fliess' budget is that big.

I agree with you. To me his BLF says he is truly interested in only 2 ladies as of Anguilla- Emily and Chantal O. Shawntel N. I think I get more of a friend vibe from him in regards to her due to them being in the water- that scene wasn't at all romantic to me because of the placement of his hands and you can tell his mind was a million miles away during their date. Don't think he is really at all interested in Ashley H. We see her running towards him in Anguilla and calling him babe but he's just walking towards her but not rushing like he's in any hurry to get to her. JMO. He was more interested in Chantal O's feelings on that group date and the emotions there was very real.

Since you know brad or his family. can you tell me if you think Brad might be testing Chantal O in some way? I got that impression from watching the show.

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post

Yes I saw that. and like I said before, I like both gals and think both would be great for Brad. Just trying to get past the editing to see why edit is portraying them in certain ways. LOL
    Last edited by kelad9; 02-19-2011 at 06:59 PM.