Page 52 of 200 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Well they are just out to fool us left and right.

Chantal date didn't put him in a funk, he had no problem kissing Emily nor telling her that he cares about her and he won't let her sabotage what they have, nope he didn't brush her off. He just didn't give out the rose, which I believe is because Em was on it and he couldn't give it to her without all the grief from the other ladies. He didn't cancel the cocktail party.
    Well he didn't have any problems kissing Shawntell or Ashley after his date with Emily.......Yes he cancelled the cocktail party because he said earlier that day he made up his mind, didn't he? And Emily was not on that date, I seem to remember it was Chantal.....

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    Well he didn't have any problems kissing Shawntell or Ashley after his date with Emily.......Yes he cancelled the cocktail party because he said earlier that day he made up his mind, didn't he? And Emily was not on that date, I seem to remember it was Chantal.....
    [edit]

Just thinking back to the F2's edit and how it fits into the season. I know many base their view of the edit on past seasons, but I think in doing that one would have to negate all season's editing that occurred before they started "recycling" past contestants. The reason - the edit at that point was to keep us guessing as to who the F1 was.. period. NOW the edit of the F2 girls is extremely important as one will be the F1 and the other will hopefully be the next lead. The F2's edit is actually more important than the F1's, from a franchise perspective, as they have to set a backstory as to why they want to be the lead and why they're on a journey to find their love.... in essence, it's the next season's intro. Since the day's of the recycled lead, the F1's edit is secondary and they don't need that edit to be squeaky clean anymore... it's all about the F2's edit, and they get the most consideration. The intended doesn't always accept the position, but they're still given the "lead" edit ie. Chris, Kypton but their edit is still done with that in mind
    [edit]
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-19-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    [edit]

Just thinking back to the F2's edit and how it fits into the season. I know many base their view of the edit on past seasons, but I think in doing that one would have to negate all season's editing that occurred before they started "recycling" past contestants. The reason - the edit at that point was to keep us guessing as to who the F1 was.. period. NOW the edit of the F2 girls is extremely important as one will be the F1 and the other will hopefully be the next lead. The F2's edit is actually more important than the F1's, from a franchise perspective, as they have to set a backstory as to why they want to be the lead and why they're on a journey to find their love.... in essence, it's the next season's intro. Since the day's of the recycled lead, the F1's edit is secondary and they don't need that edit to be squeaky clean anymore... it's all about the F2's edit, and they get the most consideration. The intended doesn't always accept the position, but they're still given the "lead" edit ie. Chris, Kypton but their edit is still done with that in mind
    [edit]
    How you worded this sparked something in my head.

Chantal can't be the Bette... she's already in lust with Brad. She's said so herself and I don't see that changing anytime soon. She emotional and competitive but it's being edited as "all in the name of Brad".
    Emily, while having very few PI's and not alot of SC has the "regretful" backstory. For her season it won't be about losing Ricky blah blah blah but about the regrets she had while on the Bachelor and the things she should have done differently with Brad. They are showing us that slowly she is taking these steps to prepare herself for her own season. Brad is channeling his inner Dr. Jamie to help Emily fall in love whether it be on this show or her own.

The Bette needs to have unresolved romantic issues. This is more Emily to me.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-19-2011 at 02:01 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth View Post

Chantal can't be the Bette... she's already in lust with Brad. She's said so herself and I don't see that changing anytime soon. She emotional and competitive but it's being edited as "all in the name of Brad".
    Emily, while having very few PI's and not alot of SC has the "regretful" backstory. For her season it won't be about losing Ricky blah blah blah but about the regrets she had while on the Bachelor and the things she should have done differently with Brad. They are showing us that slowly she is taking these steps to prepare herself for her own season. Brad is channeling his inner Dr. Jamie to help Emily fall in love whether it be on this show or her own.

And after this season, she will be ready and able to find love again as the Bachelorette.

you got it!! this is the Emily show... last season it was the Chris show... season before (even though she left at F4) it was the Ali show.... Kiptyn/Reid show (they didn't want it so we got stuck with Jake)... Jason show in Deanna's season (wont' count Jillian being B'tte cause of the Mel/Molly switcheroo but do you get my point? once a season is done it's filming - Fleiss is done with them, even before the season premiere and he's planning the edit around his next season and grooming his next lead... enter Emily and her sqeaky clean edit...
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit

Why was DeAnna, Jason, Jillian the lead. Especially DeAnna because Brad broke her heart.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Why was DeAnna, Jason, Jillian the lead. Especially DeAnna because Brad broke her heart.
    Deanna, was part of the old edit, not meant to be a recycled B'ette, that decision came after - so her edit doens't count in what I'm talking about. Jason got a much better edit than Jesse did, no doubt about that, and Jillian took it when Mel turned it down, so she wasn't edited with her being the lead, but she was still much loved by the audience.

FORT Fogey

I am not a DeAnna fan but she said something in her video recap of Monday's episode I thought was true. She likes Chantal but said she too is tired of the tears and if the rumors are true and Chantal won - she should save the tears because it will be much harder to make the relationship work than being on the show The Bachelor!

For once I agree with DeAnna!

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii View Post
    In the praying mantis outtake, the women are discussing whether Chantal will come home from her second 1:1 date. They agree that Brad is unsure about Chantal and is using her second 1:1 date to determine whether to keep her. When the women were talking about Emily's second 1:1 date, Michelle said that Emily will use the date to determine whether Brad meets Ricki. There is such a contrast in who holds the power in the two relationships. No wonder Chantal is always insecure with Brad - she has not secured him - he holds all the power in their relationship. With Emily, she holds the power in their relationship. Chantal is busy chasing Brad who is busy chasing Emily.
    59hawaii: regarding the bolded italic, you hit the nail on the head. Brad is pursuing/chasing Emily. A lot of men fall for women that are hard to get. Also, I've seen videos of Chantel discussing the Show; but, I've noticed that Emily is missing in action. I remember Roberto was definitely missing in action too.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-19-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii View Post
    In the praying mantis outtake, the women are discussing whether Chantal will come home from her second 1:1 date. They agree that Brad is unsure about Chantal and is using her second 1:1 date to determine whether to keep her. When the women were talking about Emily's second 1:1 date, Michelle said that Emily will use the date to determine whether Brad meets Ricki. There is such a contrast in who holds the power in the two relationships. No wonder Chantal is always insecure with Brad - she has not secured him - he holds all the power in their relationship. With Emily, she holds the power in their relationship. Chantal is busy chasing Brad who is busy chasing Emily.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2observe View Post
    59hawaii: regarding the bolded italic, you hit the nail on the head. Brad is pursuing/chasing Emily. A lot of men fall for women that are hard to get. Also, I've seen videos of Chantel discussing the Show; but, I've noticed that Emily is missing in action. I remember Roberto was definitely missing in action too.
    If you are talking about the Vblogs, Emily has had them as well.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-19-2011 at 02:04 PM.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss