Page 49 of 200 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    I think that even though Brad has said that he fell for his F1 early on, this is something that he can say in hindsight now..at the time he may not have known that he was going to definitely choose her over others. Maybe he was keeping his mind open to see where his other obvious "connections" could go... Emily, Ashley and Emily. We all saw some sort of attraction on those dates, so I think Brad tried to keep his mind and heart open and not "throw all his eggs in one basket" with Chantal. Who knows maybe he did that with Deanna. Maybe he thought they clicked and then closed himself off from the other girls and then later regretted it? (not saying that happened just using an example)

So while I do think that Chantal is the girl that he fell for early, and that she's his F1.... I do think his interactions with Emily Ashley and Shawntel are sincere and that he is persuing Emily, why not? she's beautiful, charming and I'm sure fun to be around. But I think as time goes on, his feelings for Chantal keep getting stronger and his feelings for the other girls doesn't progress and the gap keeps widening. I think if you've ever liked (not talking being intimate with 2 at the same time.. yuck) two guys at the same time, you'll know how it is...when with one, he's the one you want to be with, you see all his great qualities and you think ya, he's the one. then when you see the other guy, you're thinking he's the one, for whatever the reasons. But it's usually when you're on your own and not with either that your true feelings surface and you just know which one you need to be with. This is what I think happens on the Bach. It's not about the lead being deceitful or pretending... they really have feelings for some... they're not faking what we're seeing, but the edit can exagerat things by leaving some things out or concentrating on one aspect more than others.

So is Brad honestly attracted to Chantal and Emily? yes I believe he is, but from what I'm seeing on the tv screen in both the outright edit and the more subtle things where you have to read between the lines..... I'm seeing that Chantal is the one that he has the most intense feelings for, physically, intellectually and emotionally.
    Great post, northern! And ICAM. This is a great explanation of how real feelings develop on this show, when they do. As far as the edit goes, they have to keep their casual viewers guessing, and that's why they make it look like a tossup going into the FRC. In fact, the lead's pre-FRC ITMs very often lead the viewer to believe he's choosing the F2.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Great post, northern! And ICAM. This is a great explanation of how real feelings develop on this show, when they do. As far as the edit goes, they have to keep their casual viewers guessing, and that's why they make it look like a tossup going into the FRC. In fact, the lead's pre-FRC ITMs very often lead the viewer to believe he's choosing the F2.
    that was something I'd never noticed until Bloomers mentioned it (last season??) that we often hear the F1 showing lots of doubt in their ITMs and the F2 being very confident. And when I've had the opportunity to watch previous seasons, I've noticed this as a consistent theme.

Another consistent thing I noticed - when comparing F4 shots of several seasons and almost every single girl who departed was second from the left.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Isn't that the truth!! Regardless of what the spoilers say, no matter how much we want the lead to pick one girl, regardless of what we think we "just know".... when we watch the girls getting ready and watch that limo pull up.... for a few seconds before that limo door opens to reveal the F2.... we all kinda hold our breath wondering who it will be....that's how good the editing, VO's and PI's are in confusing the truth.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii View Post
    In the praying mantis outtake, the women are discussing whether Chantal will come home from her second 1:1 date. They agree that Brad is unsure about Chantal and is using her second 1:1 date to determine whether to keep her. When the women were talking about Emily's second 1:1 date, Michelle said that Emily will use the date to determine whether Brad meets Ricki. There is such a contrast in who holds the power in the two relationships. No wonder Chantal is always insecure with Brad - she has not secured him - he holds all the power in their relationship. With Emily, she holds the power in their relationship. Chantal is busy chasing Brad who is busy chasing Emily.
    To me, it's not surprising that from the other women's perspectives, Brad is more into Emily than Chantal. Outwardly, they see him making more effort towards Emily, because as others have said, she is largely standoffish with him and makes him come to her. (I agree that she does this not because she is cleverly manipulating him, but because she just isn't that into him in the first place.) His relationship with Chantal OTOH, has occurred largely in private when the other women aren't there to observe the depth of his interest in/feelings for her.

Brad has struck me from the beginning of this, his second attempt, as being particularly concerned with acquiescing to/appeasing the producers by being a good obedient lead, so I do think he is being led/encouraged by them to do things their way regarding who to take on which date, who to give date roses to and who to spend extra time with. The one time he "broke the rules" by not having a cocktail party, he was extremely apologetic and contrite about it, and seemed so grateful that they were doing him this big favor by listening to him for a change. If he really has been in intensive therapy for a while, it has probably made him less trusting of his own instincts and more willing to believe that an "authority", whether it be his therapist or the producers, knows what is in his best interests.

Isn't that the truth!! Regardless of what the spoilers say, no matter how much we want the lead to pick one girl, regardless of what we think we "just know".... when we watch the girls getting ready and watch that limo pull up.... for a few seconds before that limo door opens to reveal the F2.... we all kinda hold our breath wondering who it will be....that's how good the editing, VO's and PI's are in confusing the truth.
    I do it every year, and always laugh at myself later. I am glad I am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Chantal is most unsure when she sees Brad making connections with other women – now that they are out of that situation I expect to see the confident Chantal that Bradley believes she is. If she is indeed F1, her edit should reflect that.
    You guys are both right.

Because of the nature of risk/reward edit, we will get PI's and VO of the questioning up until the FRC and they will paint the picture that she is a mess, but the body language and behavior on HTD and FD will show the confidence of her trust in Brad because she won't have the interactions with others in front of her to cloud her feelings.

Bradley gets her to trust him when they are alone. We are told that Chantal's dad is going to grill him and "intimidate" him so we will get more risk/reward with Brad and the HTD won't completely come off without a hitch, but Chantal's SQT before the HTD looks like the happy confident girl Brad is into.

Maybe their talk did her soom good. I know she stormed off afterword, but time will allow those words to sink in, and Brad was trying to assure her that she is his compatible match and for her to trust that he knows that she is perfect for him despite the other mess and her not being perfect. I think she is in a much better place in the caps of her HTD and FD/LCD.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-18-2011 at 05:36 PM.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

The finale is always telling, you will know before the limo doors are open. The leads is always telling in who they are into, by their actions, they become more closer to the F1 and more distant to the F2, it happen every time. Ali did it big time. I pretty sure Brad will do it big time, since he brushed Chantal off on the SI date.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The finale is always telling, you will know before the limo doors are open. The leads is always telling in who they are into, by their actions, they become more closer to the F1 and more distant to the F2, it happen every time. Ali did it big time. I pretty sure Brad will do it big time, since he brushed Chantal off on the SI date.
    Yep. Jake did it with Vienna too. He started pulling away from Tenley and rolled in the mud with Vienna!

I never saw Jake into Tenley.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Trueloveforever View Post
    In interviews, Brad said that he kind of knew on their first 1-1 date that she (Chantal) was the one.. The editing for Chantal really isn't strange.. she's only emotional when she's on group dates ever since Vegas because she started falling in love with him, and it hurts her seeing him with the other women, especially with what they have and esp. when she told him she loved him.

I think once HTD comes, we can really see more of Chantal and Brad together and see their love story that we've been promised.. as for Emily, they'll still continue to give her the next Bachelorette edit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy View Post
    Wow, what a difference a day makes .

I just need to say that we see Brad chasing Emily because he has to. She's not into him. At least from the show I'm watching. With Chantal she knows what she wants and is going after it, something he has said he loves. He doesn't have to chase her because they are mutually on the same page. He likes her; she likes him. No need for a chase . If Chantal was playing it like Emily, I'm sure we'd see Brad trying his hardest to get her attention, but he doesn't have to because "it just works with Chantal," according to Brad. Please don't mistake Brad "chasing" Emily with him not being into Chantal. That's all wrong. From their first time together you could see how close they got and bonded over him telling her about her bio dad. Then you could see him pursuing her to apologize and getting so caught up in how pretty she is that he stuttered, but unlike with Emily, he and Chantal were able to move past that initial school crush phase and start to develop a relationship that could happen in "Real life," a relationship that feels real and where they can be themselves with one another.

Let me also say maybe everyone's overreacting to last week's edit of Brantal, just a little.
    There were positive things in the edit if you look deeper. Personally, I feel it cemented his feelings for Chantal more than anything which is why he's looking for homes in Seattle next week .
    ITA with all of this

I think that one episode shouldn't change everything - all guys are off sometimes and dumber than a doorknob sometimes
    Plus Chantal was admittedly PMS-ing so she didn't help either

As for the Laurel thing - all the blame isn't obviously on Brad - it takes two of them to do it, and maybe it takes the right relationship for Brad to mature up and ditch the crap... after he got totally roasted last season I think he just went back to the easiest thing (no pun intended ) instead of looking for a new girl who might judge him. This time Chantal got her feelings out about him, and they moved past that, and they have a relationship that Brad admits feels "real". Brad honestly can't act, so his having an off day during the group date from he!! doesn't negate all that he's said and done in previous epis, and I'm going to keep rooting for Brantal until I see solid reason otherwise... Every couple has fights that they work through, and anything that makes both of them that blissed out can't be a bad thing
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He doesn't "disengage" from the F2 until the end. SI date isn't even close.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy