Page 48 of 200 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Wow, what a difference a day makes .

I just need to say that we see Brad chasing Emily because he has to. She's not into him. At least from the show I'm watching. With Chantal she knows what she wants and is going after it, something he has said he loves. He doesn't have to chase her because they are mutually on the same page. He likes her; she likes him. No need for a chase . If Chantal was playing it like Emily, I'm sure we'd see Brad trying his hardest to get her attention, but he doesn't have to because "it just works with Chantal," according to Brad. Please don't mistake Brad "chasing" Emily with him not being into Chantal. That's all wrong. From their first time together you could see how close they got and bonded over him telling her about her bio dad. Then you could see him pursuing her to apologize and getting so caught up in how pretty she is that he stuttered, but unlike with Emily, he and Chantal were able to move past that initial school crush phase and start to develop a relationship that could happen in "Real life," a relationship that feels real and where they can be themselves with one another.

Let me also say maybe everyone's overreacting to last week's edit of Brantal, just a little.
    There were positive things in the edit if you look deeper. Personally, I feel it cemented his feelings for Chantal more than anything which is why he's looking for homes in Seattle next week .
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueloveforever View Post
    In interviews, Brad said that he kind of knew on their first 1-1 date that she (Chantal) was the one.. The editing for Chantal really isn't strange.. she's only emotional when she's on group dates ever since Vegas because she started falling in love with him, and it hurts her seeing him with the other women, especially with what they have and esp. when she told him she loved him.

I think once HTD comes, we can really see more of Chantal and Brad together and see their love story that we've been promised.. as for Emily, they'll still continue to give her the next Bachelorette edit.
    ITA! On group dates it's going to be hard for her and for him. They both are in impossible situations at this point. Even though I didn't like how Brad handled it, he still tried to make it okay at the end, and he needed Chantal to be okay. The look on his face when she walked away was enough for me to see how he is truly feeling and I'm sure he will make it up to her.

I also am looking forward to the HTD because it's about to really heat up.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom View Post
    I'd love to know the date selection process, but my guess would be it's purely producer motivated.

This season in particular they've shoved each girl into a date guaranteed to cause a heightened emotional reaction -- either fear based or memory/emotion tugging based. I can't see Brad doing that at all.

In some ways, that almost parallels the Melissa/Molly connections though. Jason was enamored of Melissa - definitely in awe of and unsure of her being out of his league, much like Brad appears to be with Emily, but with Molly, he had a real, down-to-earth connection - much like Brad does with Chantal.

and in the case of Emily and Chantal - Chantal is the safe choice and Emily is the wild card - as Deanna pointed out to Jason in his and her F2. I wonder if we look back if we can say this about most F2s..... Thing is, we really don't know Brad well enough to know if he would take the safe way out or gamble with the wild card.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    I asked this very question earlier:

If we can't read or trust anything in the edit, then why is there even a show?

At some point, they have to show us something about the final couple. Last season, despite Chris, people saw something with Roberto. Same with Jake. Same with Ed. I do think that the lead's reaction to his/her F1 tells us the story.
    thing is - as much as we analyze anyone's edit, each of us bring out own interpretation into edits. I might see something in an edit that points me in one direction, when someone else may look at the exact same thing and points them in another direction.

I think it's cool that we can throw out our ideas and keep our minds open to the different possibilities. That's why I find this thread useful.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy View Post

I just need to say that we see Brad chasing Emily because he has to. She's not into him. At least from the show I'm watching. With Chantal she knows what she wants and is going after it, something he has said he loves. He doesn't have to chase her because they are mutually on the same page. He likes her; she likes him. No need for a chase . If Chantal was playing it like Emily, I'm sure we'd see Brad trying his hardest to get her attention, but he doesn't have to because "it just works with Chantal," according to Brad. Please don't mistake Brad "chasing" Emily with him not being into Chantal. That's all wrong. From their first time together you could see how close they got and bonded over him telling her about her bio dad. Then you could see him pursuing her to apologize and getting so caught up in how pretty she is that he stuttered, but unlike with Emily, he and Chantal were able to move past that initial school crush phase and start to develop a relationship that could happen in "Real life," a relationship that feels real and where they can be themselves with one another.

Let me also say maybe everyone's overreacting to last week's edit of Brantal, just a little.
    There were positive things in the edit if you look deeper. Personally, I feel it cemented his feelings for Chantal more than anything which is why he's looking for homes in Seattle next week .
    I agree. I think also that we forget that Brad has on more than one occassion stated that he played every relationship through to the end to make sure that he didn't miss something and not give it every chance.
    I think with Emily he definitely was attracted to her from the first night. He knew she was "gun shy" so he purposefully went at her pace to give the relationship every chance. I don't think by Brad basically handling the relationship differently, means he cares more for her than the other girls but just that wanted to give it every chance and this is what he had to do for that to happen. ne
    I think in the end that "connection" that he is looking for just doesn't ever happen with Emily if the spoilers are true, but I would imagine in Brad's mind he gave it every chance and that's why he as no regrets, as he has stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy View Post

This is a great post Luvvy ~ I agree with you 100%!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 59hawaii View Post
    In the praying mantis outtake, the women are discussing whether Chantal will come home from her second 1:1 date. They agree that Brad is unsure about Chantal and is using her second 1:1 date to determine whether to keep her. When the women were talking about Emily's second 1:1 date, Michelle said that Emily will use the date to determine whether Brad meets Ricki. There is such a contrast in who holds the power in the two relationships. No wonder Chantal is always insecure with Brad - she has not secured him - he holds all the power in their relationship. With Emily, she holds the power in their relationship. Chantal is busy chasing Brad who is busy chasing Emily.
    ITA with the bolded statement. As a result I think we are going to see Chantal amost give up. Last RC she was waiting for the worst outcome and in future RC I think we will see the same scenario. She is trying to make the most of her time with Brad, looking for reassurance that she does not feel she is receiving, as a result we'll see alot more tears. If she is F1 she will be completely shocked and a mess getting there, if she gets in the limo!lol
    ~In music one must think with the heart and feel with the brain.~ George Szell

Quote Originally Posted by muslady View Post
    ITA with the bolded statement. As a result I think we are going to see Chantal amost give up. Last RC she was waiting for the worst outcome and in future RC I think we will see the same scenario. She is trying to make the most of her time with Brad, looking for reassurance that she does not feel she is receiving, as a result we'll see alot more tears. If she is F1 she will be completely shocked and a mess getting there, if she gets in the limo!lol
    Chantal is most unsure when she sees Brad making connections with other women – now that they are out of that situation I expect to see the confident Chantal that Bradley believes she is. If she is indeed F1, her edit should reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trueloveforever View Post
    In interviews, Brad said that he kind of knew on their first 1-1 date that she (Chantal) was the one.. The editing for Chantal really isn't strange.. she's only emotional when she's on group dates ever since Vegas because she started falling in love with him, and it hurts her seeing him with the other women, especially with what they have and esp. when she told him she loved him.

I think once HTD comes, we can really see more of Chantal and Brad together and see their love story that we've been promised.. as for Emily, they'll still continue to give her the next Bachelorette edit.
    I think that even though Brad has said that he fell for his F1 early on, this is something that he can say in hindsight now..at the time he may not have known that he was going to definitely choose her over others. Maybe he was keeping his mind open to see where his other obvious "connections" could go... Emily, Ashley and Emily. We all saw some sort of attraction on those dates, so I think Brad tried to keep his mind and heart open and not "throw all his eggs in one basket" with Chantal. Who knows maybe he did that with Deanna. Maybe he thought they clicked and then closed himself off from the other girls and then later regretted it? (not saying that happened just using an example)

So while I do think that Chantal is the girl that he fell for early, and that she's his F1.... I do think his interactions with Emily Ashley and Shawntel are sincere and that he is persuing Emily, why not? she's beautiful, charming and I'm sure fun to be around. But I think as time goes on, his feelings for Chantal keep getting stronger and his feelings for the other girls doesn't progress and the gap keeps widening. I think if you've ever liked (not talking being intimate with 2 at the same time.. yuck) two guys at the same time, you'll know how it is...when with one, he's the one you want to be with, you see all his great qualities and you think ya, he's the one. then when you see the other guy, you're thinking he's the one, for whatever the reasons. But it's usually when you're on your own and not with either that your true feelings surface and you just know which one you need to be with. This is what I think happens on the Bach. It's not about the lead being deceitful or pretending... they really have feelings for some... they're not faking what we're seeing, but the edit can exagerat things by leaving some things out or concentrating on one aspect more than others.

So is Brad honestly attracted to Chantal and Emily? yes I believe he is, but from what I'm seeing on the tv screen in both the outright edit and the more subtle things where you have to read between the lines..... I'm seeing that Chantal is the one that he has the most intense feelings for, physically, intellectually and emotionally.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Chantal is most unsure when she sees Brad making connections with other women – now that they are out of that situation I expect to see the confident Chantal that Bradley believes she is. If she is indeed F1, her edit should reflect that.
    Yes she will make the most of her time with Brad, still cautiously. She has already laid all her cards on the table. She is being forced to make Brad seek her as Emily is doing. Will she willing be patient and bide her time or will her insecurities get the best of her?
    ~In music one must think with the heart and feel with the brain.~ George Szell