Page 22 of 200 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4195480;
    Emily's date will go perfectly, but it won't be right for Brad. It's going to be really sweet and sappy and sugary, but Brad will look wrong and feel uncomfortable there at first. In the end they'll make it seem like they figured it all out and can move forward, but it'll be fake or engineered as Casey just said. It'll be a set-up for Bette. Like Chris' date was perfect with Ali because it was so heartfelt and tender, but she didn't look quite right on his porch, OTOH laughing and dancing in Roberto's living room was right on schedule for her.
    Actually, I think they’re going to have to throw in something during the HTDs to give the viewer the reason why she’s F2 and not F1 – compare her to Jenni and she had her dance and found out during her HTD that she would dance another year – that’s what we needed to see.

Trying to remember what they threw at us for Jason’s HTD with Deanna – anyone? Since Jason was the single dad, it would be interesting to compare his edit to Emily’s during the next couple of episodes.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4195485;
    Oh, I didn't think Chris' date looked "right" at all. He was trying rather hard with her, but she was in Roberto-land.

Based on what Arielflies posted, I expect Emily's date to fail in some way, even if it's small. If she's F2, yes, it'll be heartwarming but more between Em and Ricki than them as a "family." We'll lose any fuzzies (for those of us who feel them. I know that you don't.) between them. It'll be the start of her downward plunge, even if some say she never had an upward climb.
    I do too but I still think they'll "work it out" before the end of the date, and Brad will utter lines like "I could really see myself here in Charlotte, raising Emily's child with her forever"

The nosedive will only be obvious in hindsight and to those that think the whole relationship with Emily is faked anyway IMO.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

We need the SC of the bird nosediving into the water this past episode - forget about the Outtakes - it's all about that bird......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4195486;
    Actually, I think they’re going to have to throw in something during the HTDs to give the viewer the reason why she’s F2 and not F1 – compare her to Jenni and she had her dance and found out during her HTD that she would dance another year – that’s what we needed to see.

Trying to remember what they threw at us for Jason’s HTD with Deanna – anyone? Since Jason was the single dad, it would be interesting to compare his edit to Emily’s during the next couple of episodes.
    I think this idea is excellent I had visions of Ty running to Jason during Melissa and Molly's meetings with him when I saw Em and Ricki.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4195487;
    I do too but I still think they'll "work it out" before the end of the date, and Brad will utter lines like "I could really see myself here in Charlotte, raising Emily's child with her forever"

The nosedive will only be obvious in hindsight and to those that think the whole relationship with Emily is faked anyway IMO.
    Historically, this is pretty much how it's played out, but I just don't know what to make of this season. I remember watching Monday thinking, "What the devil am I seeing here?" None of it was easily discernible and the edit was beyond choppy. From the previews, it seems that Chantal's date will go well, I do wonder if the parents will have some reservations ala Frank's and Kiptyn's parents. I think we'll be set up to believe that Em's date went "better", but I'm just not sure that I'm buying it anymore. Not because I buy Chantal or the spoilers 100%, the edit is just really wonky for me.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4195176;
    I think that a diet of rainbows is occasionally necessary. Apparently, Tenley feels the same way.

By the edit, yep, he does disregard Chantal. Why the heck would he not give her the rose on that group date? It would have made her feel special (which we've heard her discuss in the past) and affirmed her that he returns her feelings after she noticed him being distant.
    LOL. I agree. Yes, I love the idea that Brad is just so in love with Chantal yet he finds the need to torture her episode after episode.

He SO in love with her that he...

1) He consistently pulls Emily away time after time right in front of her.

2) Makes out with Michelle right in front of her (seriously ask yourself if you think he would have done that in front of Emily?)

3) During the group date and he doesn't even use THAT opportunity to make her feel better. In fact, he walks over to her and picks up the rose right in front of her and walks away.

Doesn't he have any respect for her? I know they say you hurt the ones you love but it seems a little early in their relationship for that!

It seems to me that if he was so in love Chantal that he would be more attentive and trying whenever possible to reassure her. I know everyone wants to think that producers are driving the ship 100% with Brad, but this IS the guy who didn't pick anyone before right?! What makes everyone think that he's now going to just do everything the producers want now?

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31;4195492;
    Historically, this is pretty much how it's played out, but I just don't know what to make of this season. I remember watching Monday thinking, "What the devil am I seeing here?" None of it was easily discernible and the edit was beyond choppy. From the previews, it seems that Chantal's date will go well, I do wonder if the parents will have some reservations ala Frank's and Kiptyn's parents. I think we'll be set up to believe that Em's date went "better", but I'm just not sure that I'm buying it anymore. Not because I buy Chantal or the spoilers 100%, the edit is just really wonky for me.
    Can you explain this more?

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31;4195492;
    I'm guessing they'll be somewhat equal. Chantal's won't be as warm- there's a big intimidating house and a big intimidating daddy at play, but Brad will have more fun and it'll be more natural. However, Emily's will be full of warm feelings and cuddliness, but there's going to be some issues. In the end, they'll "overcome" them but Brad won't be having as much fun, it'll be more stilted, etc.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4195497;
    Can you explain this more?
    Alanna actually explained what I'm thinking concerning the fuzzies and what we'll be left feeling. I just don't know, now. The kisses between Brad and Em left the fuzzy feelings, but I just wasn't buying the story surrounding the kisses. I haven't decided if tptb are "hiding" the good stuff between them or if it's really not there. Brad's body language and facial expressions say that Chantal is working his nerves so, I'm not buying that he loves her either. The edit is sloppy, so sloppy I wonder if it's intentional to create doubt about what's real and what's not.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4195498;
    I'm guessing they'll be somewhat equal. Chantal's won't be as warm- there's a big intimidating house and a big intimidating daddy at play, but Brad will have more fun and it'll be more natural. However, Emily's will be full of warm feelings and cuddliness, but there's going to be some issues. In the end, they'll "overcome" them but Brad won't be having as much fun, it'll be more stilted, etc.
    What TPTB can't do is manipulate little Ricki. Talk about real. It's the one episode that will tell about Ricki and mommy's real relationship away from TV.