Page 20 of 200 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4195202;
    Absolutely. He's dumb here but he did have some sort of logic he followed. Bad logic, but he tried.
    I think he was so sure of Chantal sticking around and THOUGHT she thought the same, that he figured he could chuck roses around and not worry about her feelings
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4195176;

By the edit, yep, he does disregard Chantal. Why the heck would he not give her the rose on that group date? It would have made her feel special (which we've heard her discuss in the past) and affirmed her that he returns her feelings after she noticed him being distant.

There is NO way TPTB were going to get Brad give Chantal the rose on the group date.

Leaving out the fact that they tried to paint it as Michelle and Chantal being "pitted" against each other all season and that alone would be high on the list for the reason TPTB wouldn't let Brad give her the rose..

He'd already essentially given one rose to Emily on her date.

He'd come close to assuring Shawntel a rose (or rather a HTD) on her date.

If he gave the group date rose to Chantal that'd have made the "drama" or "suspense" at the end come down to Michelle and who? Ashley H. The very one who basically said, well, I feel like a little sister sometimes and if I go home I'd be ok eventually. NOT the words of one who'd be heartbroken, dramatic, and good tv standing there next to Michelle.

It HAD to look like someone who could possibly go.

Had Shawntel's date been a bit awkward or there had been some conceivable doubt, we might have seen a different rose on the group date. But when the choices to go up against Michelle were Ashley and Chantal, I really don't think there was any hesitation or regard for Chantal, even if that's who Brad would have wanted to give it to. He knew she wasn't going anywhere. And, frankly, I think he thought she was sure of that.

TPTB had their icing on the cake that Michelle vs. Chantal at the end for that "final rose of the night" being "arch rivals" and getting Chantal emotional...especially since Michelle flipped the script on how they thought the night would play out and went more stoic and quiet when she was sent home. (And if she'd have had a dramatic exit, I bet it was some the extended angst on the group date that would have been axed).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4195181;
    Yeah, I don't know. I guess we can speculate on that in a different thread, but Alanna's correct that the Brantal edit last night showed a guy who easily dismissed a very upset girl who told him she loved him. On the other hand, he's going to great lengths to meet another girl's needs.
    He only had one rose, and he could only meet one girl's needs, and he chose to meet Ashley's needs.

Now, the REAL explanation is that the producer probably told him to give it to Ashley. As I said on another thread, two other F1s received their roses last in the RC episodes before the HTDs: Jesse and Vienna.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Kikora;4195206;
    There is NO way TPTB were going to get Brad give Chantal the rose on the group date.

If he gave the group date rose to Chantal that'd have made the "drama" or "suspense" at the end come down to Michelle and who? Ashley H. .
    I abbrev. your post. Very good explanation! I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4195059;
    The description says that Brad has to win the approval of Chantal's parents and conquer his nerves (or something like that). That sounded familiar, so I started looking, and lo and behold, I found something familiar on the clip about DeAnna's visit to Jesse's parents:

....But will she conquer her potential in-laws as easily as she learned to snowboard? The Bachelorette attempts to win over Jesse's parents at a nerve-wracking dinner...

Jesse was their only child, and they had been married a long time before they were able to have him. They were just as plain and sweet-natured as could be!

There was no conquering or nerves involved!!

Brad will be fine.

Also, Jason had to "win the approval" of Molly's parents. That is when they played the hat game. So much for approval.....
    I also think that Brad has to win the approval of Emily's daughter Ricki.

I find this interesting..
    His first stop is Seattle, the home of Chantal, the feisty bachelorette who has taken him on an emotional roller coaster ride
    and then we have Brad in one of the interviews describing his F1 as feisty..
    If you look up the word feisty..Full of animation, energy.. spunky and spirited..who does that describe to a tee?

In posting about the story arc peaking for the F2 at the hometown date, I was thinking of the warm/fuzzy and crazy categories of the dates they will show.

F1 shows both heartfelt warmth and the fuzzies.

F2 shows heartfelt warmth without the fuzzies.

F3 still retains some warmth, but an uneasiness is shown.

F4 seems to always be crazy, whether justified or not, because their story is ending.

Knowing the spoilage, I'll be curious to see if they play the edits in this manner. I realize this is old school bachelor editing, but once the F1/F2 have caught up in the storyline regarding their interactions with the bachelor, which has now happened, the F2 has to start the slide in order for the F1 to be highlighted at the end of the story.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;4195184;
    If Brad is so desperately in love with Chantal, you'd think he'd break the rules and tell her she will get a rose - like he did with Emily - or just give her the dang rose. Maybe he just doesn't care enough.
    It seemed to me that he was giving roses out to reassure both Emily and Ashley. It seems like almost ALL of the group date roses have been to reassure someone, IMO. Maybe he did what he did, thinking Chantal didn't need reassurance on how he felt. Not the brightest move, but plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;4195222;
    I also think that Brad has to win the approval of Emily's daughter Ricki.
    I agree.

and then we have Brad in one of the interviews describing his F1 as feisty..
    If you look up the word feisty..Full of animation, energy.. spunky and spirited..who does that describe to a tee?
    Who's to say Emily isn't feisty too.
    I remember CH saying something in a interview about the saying is the first person having the first helicopter ride is usually the winner. He said let's see if that wholes true. After seeing Emily on her date in the helicopter, I started laughing. CH is a comic, he knew that Emily would be in one too.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4195238;
    I agree.

Who's to say Emily isn't feisty too.
    I remember CH saying something in a interview about the saying is the first person having the first helicopter ride is usually the winner. He said let's see if that wholes true. After seeing Emily on her date in the helicopter, I started laughing. CH is a comic, he knew that Emily would be in one too.
    I'm glad you pointed this out because people are saying that Emily can't be the F1 because Brad is being way too obvious in his blogs but then you have CH saying things like this and imo that is WAY more telling than what Brad is saying about Em. So does this mean Chantal can't be the F1 because we have CH going around saying things like this
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily