Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

FORT Fan

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Hummm- I wonder what "Boca's type is"?

I have an adorable little female Schipperke...lol

Wandering, wandering...Not much left to discuss in edit, I guess, but please remember to keep the comments on EDIT.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Did anyone else notice that they used the same music in all of Emily and Brad's dates? Also when Emily was ride in the nascar they played the FRC music that we have heard in the past. I also noticed from looking at some of the screencaps. Brad actually had a couple of conversations with Lindsay (red head) but they were never shown. Any ideas why we only saw Emily breaking down crying but it was always never seen during the actual episode just as a teaser.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterScotch7 View Post
    You didn't miss anything! Reality Steve was right the first time! Lol Brad is with Chantal .....wait and see. TPTB are having a good laugh over this!
    I'm not holding my breath but it wouldn't shock me at all if you're right. On the other hand I don't believe that Brad is the right guy for Chantal so am not sure I'd want it to happen anyway.

I get what you're saying about the classic edit, Jlccaz. It's certainly possible. I do believe someone (Bevorules?) had a theory about a risk reward type edit that favored Chantal so you never know. I know pretty much everyone's on board with Emily as f1 but since they don't do a thing for me as a couple, I'm keeping my eyes open to other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by jurystillout View Post
    Did anyone else notice that they used the same music in all of Emily and Brad's dates? Also when Emily was ride in the nascar they played the FRC music that we have heard in the past. I also noticed from looking at some of the screencaps. Brad actually had a couple of conversations with Lindsay (red head) but they were never shown. Any ideas why we only saw Emily breaking down crying but it was always never seen during the actual episode just as a teaser.
    Because TPTB had already determined that Chantal would get the crying edit, and Emily would get the even-keeled edit. Is it true? Apparently not, since we now know that even Emily gets emotional. Duh! She's a woman. Was there any doubt? Dumb Brad!

Quote Originally Posted by jurystillout View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Emily cried at vegas track in the car, they showed it. Emily cried while talking to her daughter on the phone episode 2 and they showed it. During episode 3 telling her story to Brad and the girls she was on the verge of tears and they showed it. Only other time she cried when they may or may not have shown it was in anguilla/costa rica around the anniversary of Ricky's death that people thought she was crying about what she said to Brad in the hotsprings. But, they've shown her crying.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Emily cried at vegas track in the car, they showed it. Emily cried while talking to her daughter on the phone episode 2 and they showed it. During episode 3 telling her story to Brad and the girls she was on the verge of tears and they showed it. Only other time she cried when they may or may not have shown it was in anguilla/costa rica around the anniversary of Ricky's death that people thought she was crying about what she said to Brad in the hotsprings. But, they've shown her crying.
    There was two incidents where she was crying in a tank top. I think we all thought that had something to do with her saying she tends to back away from realtionships. Just something I noticed thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    Funny you should bring up music, in BabyF's posts this weekend he noted something to the effect 'when the cue cards and special music edits are done' Brad can speak his mind....[B]was there any particular music associated with Chantal? Thought that was an odd comment from BFC?[B]
    Not that I can remember for Chantal, but I can look and see.

I thought it was an off comment form BFC also. I think it had something to do with Brad having to say all the right things to not think that there was no chance that Chantal could be the F1 for the non-spoiled viewer.
    Last edited by jurystillout; 03-06-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    Now that we're on the eve of the finale, it is very, very plain that Emily got a classic F1 edit. Builds slowly, for a surprise "pop" at fantasy suite episode.

Chantal, also in hindsight a very classic F2 edit. Peaks too early. Emotions running too strong too fast. She was the classic example of falling in "love" too fast, so fast that the Lead him/herself cannot accept the feelings as real, much less be on the road to returning them. The White Shirt in Costa Rica was a great head fake. Everything else about that episode (Michelle trash talk, Brad's reservations going into the ziplining, the cocktail party oddness) screamed F2.

Shame on me for missing it.

Bringing a Nascar Princess home to Austin ought to be good for The Boys' Businesses. That's a convenient side benefit!
    I totally get what you're saying...now....lol
    But during the epis I really thought all the extra attention Emily was getting was so produced, and meant as a distraction... especially since it came on the heels of dates chosen purposely to push Emily's tragic backstory...
    oh well..

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr View Post
    I totally get what you're saying...now....lol
    But during the epis I really thought all the extra attention Emily was getting was so produced, and meant as a distraction... especially since it came on the heels of dates chosen purposely to push Emily's tragic backstory...
    oh well..

I still think that the extra attention was produced....and I def think that the background music, esp. w/ the elephants frollicking in the background was not only produced, but soooooo funny and gag-inducing! I'm honestly back and forth right now. The editing the last couple episodes and the comments by Brad in the media and BabyfaceC here all point to Emily....kinda. Some comments (like with the music, etc. )def give me pause. On top of that,the new spoilers right before finale, new BF in Seattle info, Chantal on twitter (some messages leading one way, some the other), Chantal not being the B'ette if he's w/ Emily, Brad pretty much drawing a picture of Emily in interviews....,all these things are a little too neat and tidy for me. Something's off. The only thing I'm sure of is this: if he's with Chantal, he has spent the last few wks in a HUGE doghouse for his comments re: Emily on the show and in the press. And if he's w/ Emily, she'll be pissed for the first few episodes watching him and Chantal, but she'll get over it cause the show couldn't have been more slanted towards her at the end.