Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

well I was just over at my mom's house and of course we started talking about the show and finally she just looked at me like I had grown two heads and said.."well of course he picks Emily, she doesn't threaten his control" and that comment stopped me in my tracks and I stopped to think...Her edit all season has been that of a very quiet reserved submission type of person...I think she would be submissive and subserviant to Brad, she wouldn't challenge him..she may tell him how she feels but she is not the type to get all up in his face...Chantel is.... Chantel and Brad both have dominant personaities while Emily seems to have a submission one...I think Brad would have the same problem with Chantel in the end that he said he had with Michelle..they would end up butting heads because only one person can be in control...and that is one thing Brad is not going to give up IMO I love Chantel but in the end after hearing that statement I don't think she is right for Brad...I just hope he is kind when he lets her go and doesn't shut down and be cold with her...as to whether him and Emily make it IDK..but I think they have a better chance than he would have had with Chantel
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK View Post
    And maybe Brad taught her that she was worthy of a good man..She even said herself that she didn't know about how to DO the dating scene...
    I also think that the ones who have been out of the dating scene for a while are the most susceptible to getting caught up in the Bachelor Bubble. I recall both Jason and Reid mentioning they hadn't been dating much before they did the show, and also falling very quickly. I'm sure there are others. Tenley maybe as well (I'd look for any excuse to explain falling for Jake, of course).

FORT Newbie

I think Chantal & Brad are too much alike but I also don't think EM is a pushover. She handles confrontation well. She will get her way too. She makes Brad much calmer & gives him space & time. Brad as he says is a much better self & he gets that from EMILY. Thats huge in a real releationship & obviously the man is in love & willing to do that also.

NO one is walking over EMILY you can be sure. Nurturing compassionate qualities but Im sure there is some lion in there too. lol

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I also think that the ones who have been out of the dating scene for a while are the most susceptible to getting caught up in the Bachelor Bubble. I recall both Jason and Reid mentioning they hadn't been dating much before they did the show, and also falling very quickly. I'm sure there are others. Tenley maybe as well (I'd look for any excuse to explain falling for Jake, of course).
    I hate to say this..BUT she KNEW it was Brad..Maybe she was walking in the first night already "falling" for him...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well I was just over at my mom's house and of course we started talking about the show and finally she just looked at me like I had grown two heads and said.."well of course he picks Emily, she doesn't threaten his control" and that comment stopped me in my tracks and I stopped to think...Her edit all season has been that of a very quiet reserved submission type of person...I think she would be submissive and subserviant to Brad, she wouldn't challenge him..she may tell him how she feels but she is not the type to get all up in his face...Chantel is.... Chantel and Brad both have dominant personaities while Emily seems to have a submission one...I think Brad would have the same problem with Chantel in the end that he said he had with Michelle..they would end up butting heads because only one person can be in control...and that is one thing Brad is not going to give up IMO I love Chantel but in the end after hearing that statement I don't think she is right for Brad...I just hope he is kind when he lets her go and doesn't shut down and be cold with her...as to whether him and Emily make it IDK..but I think they have a better chance than he would have had with Chantel
    a while back, I compared emily as the south belle in the previous century: perfect wife, reserved and submissive to her husband, in charge of her house, excellent manners, always a lady, never saying a bad comment to anyone (friend with everyone in the house?)..., someone who put her faith very high so he will not have any worry that she stray on him (now he is 38, she 24... keep in mind the same thought in 10 or 20 years from now, not that I am saying she will but this might be a worry for him) a perfect beautiful blonde with big eyelashes and soft voice.

Indeed the perfect wife for brad who will fit in Austin... and this remind me so much of Laurel's comments that everyone is so in a hurry to treat her like s****

ding dong. I hope that brad will never wake up of his dream!

I keep thinking of what CH said during Merideth's season he said he hoped it worked out because she fell hard and fast for Ian and then she never really opened her heart to any other possibilities..unlike Trista who fell hard for Charlie but let her heart remain open and she got lucky with Ryan...I think we have the same thing with Brad..even though he said it followed each relationship til the end...I think Emily had him at hello and therefor he kept apart of himself from the other ladies

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    a while back, I compared emily as the south belle in the previous century: perfect wife, reserved and submissive to her husband, in charge of her house, excellent manners, always a lady, never saying a bad comment to anyone (friend with everyone in the house?)..., someone who put her faith very high so he will not have any worry that she stray on him (now he is 38, she 24... keep in mind the same thought in 10 or 20 years from now, not that I am saying she will but this might be a worry for him) a perfect beautiful blonde with big eyelashes and soft voice.

Indeed the perfect wife for brad who will fit in Austin... and this remind me so much of Laurel's comments that everyone is so in a hurry to treat her like s****

ding dong. I hope that brad will never wake up of his dream!
    that is the one thing that worries me..what happens if he does wake up and realizes she is just a human being like the rest of us

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I keep thinking of what CH said during Merideth's season he said he hoped it worked out because she fell hard and fast for Ian and then she never really opened her heart to any other possibilities..unlike Trista who fell hard for Charlie but let her heart remain open and she got lucky with Ryan...I think we have the same thing with Brad..even though he said it followed each relationship til the end...I think Emily had him at hello and therefor he kept apart of himself from the other ladies
    not sure on that. I think he kept chantal as a "back up" until emily told him she was falling for him. He is that desesperate I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    not sure on that. I think he kept chantal as a "back up" until emily told him she was falling for him. He is that desesperate I think.
    But, he 'has' to take 3 women to the F3 and two to the F2 - why would he not want to take someone he truly likes and gets along with - she gets great travel out of it, some great memories and everyone knows that the F2 soon realizes that they weren't really meant to be together.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Shame on me too! It all seems so obvious in hindsight, but Fleiss has been so consistent in choosing the shocking outrage ending over the happy one in recent years, banking on fans crying along with Jason, then Melissa, then Reid, then Tenley, then Chris, that I couldn't believe he would veer from that tried and true formula ever again. That we were to be crying along with Emily this time seemed so logical, didn't it?

I honestly suspect that the reason for the change was largely organic. As soon as they cast Emily, because of her backstory and her "Nascar Princess" legacy, they must have realized that giving her a bad edit was a risky proposition, and if Brad ended up choosing her (which he did, but I think they figured he wouldn't because her having a child would scare him off), they knew they would have to switch back to the more traditional edit from the earlier seasons.
    ESPN (owned by ABC) is currently broadcasting the NASCAR Nationwide Cup Series races. In a couple of months, ABC will take over (from Fox and TBS) and show the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series racing. This weekend the races were at the Vegas speedway (good timing).

Interesting that The Bach just happened to have a NASCAR princess on the show who got a PERFECT edit, and the show featured a NASCAR track date.

Of course, I'm sure it was all just coincidence.