Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well if her emotions were too much for him than maybe he should have sent her home..from what I am understand from current interviews it seems Emily's emotions are worse than what we saw from Chantel on the show
    It's not exactly coming on the heels of their very first date. And I think Brad said in his last interview this past Monday, we're ROCK SOLID.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

well if her emotions were too much for him than maybe he should have sent her home..from what I am understand from current interviews it seems Emily's emotions are worse than what we saw from Chantel on the show
    I don't know if they're worse, but probably very unexpected. Honestly, Brad, if you didn't want to deal with emotions, then you shouldn't have picked a woman!

They may be. The interview I heard when he talked about Mondays he seemed to be talking about it in a light hearted way. He didn't seem to think that it was putting a wrench in their relationship. Maybe he is more willing to tolerate things from Emily because he loves her. Love can do funny things to a person.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    I don't know if they're worse, but probably very unexpected. Honestly, Brad, if you didn't want to deal with emotions, then you shouldn't have picked a woman!
    Isn't that the truth!!! Esp when she has to sit around and watch you play smacky face and then add the music to REALLY get the effect. OUCH!
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mnmhughes View Post
    Hah, ha ~ so true!!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl View Post
    They may be. The interview I heard when he talked about Mondays he seemed to be talking about it in a light hearted way. He didn't seem to think that it was putting a wrench in their relationship. Maybe he is more willing to tolerate things from Emily because he loves her. Love can do funny things to a person.
    I think I read these exact thoughts in a post, but it was about Chantal when she was thought to be Brad's F1.

I agreed then that he seemed to take it all in stride because he loved his F1 and she was worth it....when I applied it to Chantal. I most definitely agree with this same thought when applied to Emily.

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl View Post
    I don't think anyone said that he didn't have strong feelings for her. I think it is exactly the opposite. I think he did have strong feelings for her and that is why she is the F2. I think he wanted to give their relationship every chance it had to make it.
    There have been many posts on how Brad only had eyes on Emily from early on and Chantal was meant to be f3 only. I just wanted to point out that if people see good things when Brad's with Emily then they probably shouldn't disregard them when it happens to be with Chantal. I happen to think that the spoilers, as much as the edit, have slanted what we see because the same thing is happening to Emily fans as it did with Chantal by fitting what you see to the spoilers. I think it's hard to not be looking with a biased eye for all of us. I believe that the late spoilers are probably the most likely to be accurate but not basing it on anything we see on the show or interviews or blogs. All of that is open to bias on the beholder or slanting by TPTB.

Now that we're on the eve of the finale, it is very, very plain that Emily got a classic F1 edit. Builds slowly, for a surprise "pop" at fantasy suite episode.

Chantal, also in hindsight a very classic F2 edit. Peaks too early. Emotions running too strong too fast. She was the classic example of falling in "love" too fast, so fast that the Lead him/herself cannot accept the feelings as real, much less be on the road to returning them. The White Shirt in Costa Rica was a great head fake. Everything else about that episode (Michelle trash talk, Brad's reservations going into the ziplining, the cocktail party oddness) screamed F2.

Shame on me for missing it.

Bringing a Nascar Princess home to Austin ought to be good for The Boys' Businesses. That's a convenient side benefit!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post
    Now that we're on the eve of the finale, it is very, very plain that Emily got a classic F1 edit. Builds slowly, for a surprise "pop" at fantasy suite episode.

Chantal, also in hindsight a very classic F2 edit. Peaks too early. Emotions running too strong too fast. She was the classic example of falling in "love" too fast, so fast that the Lead him/herself cannot accept the feelings as real, much less be on the road to returning them. The White Shirt in Costa Rica was a great head fake. Everything else about that episode (Michelle trash talk, Brad's reservations going into the ziplining, the cocktail party oddness) screamed F2.

Bringing a Nascar Princess home to Austin ought to be good for The Boys' Businesses. That's a convenient side benefit!
    He did say that he wanted the confident gal that he fell for early..

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz View Post

Shame on me too! It all seems so obvious in hindsight, but Fleiss has been so consistent in choosing the shocking outrage ending over the happy one in recent years, banking on fans crying along with Jason, then Melissa, then Reid, then Tenley, then Chris, that I couldn't believe he would veer from that tried and true formula ever again. That we were to be crying along with Emily this time seemed so logical, didn't it?

I honestly suspect that the reason for the change was largely organic. As soon as they cast Emily, because of her backstory and her "Nascar Princess" legacy, they must have realized that giving her a bad edit was a risky proposition, and if Brad ended up choosing her (which he did, but I think they figured he wouldn't because her having a child would scare him off), they knew they would have to switch back to the more traditional edit from the earlier seasons.