Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Shelby, thanks for your great post. I agree with most everything you said.

I also want to add that regarding Chantal's "overemoting" and Emily's lack thereof, I expect that the editors' plan was to overexaggerate both women's natural tendencies to play up their opposite natures, knowing they were the final 2. And additionally, I think that the circumstances themselves contributed, in that Chantal's insecurities about Brad (she must have sensed, as all the women did, that Emily was his favorite, all along), and his inability to really assure her of his feelings (since she wasn't the one he was falling for), caused her to be more prone to meltdowns, whereas Emily, it appears, never really was confronted with Brad showing more interest in anyone else, so it was much easier for her to remain calm and in control of her emotions. Brad now tells us how upset she is watching the show and it may be because she is now becoming aware of how far things progressed physically with the other women, something she probably didn't think about then since he was so clearly pursuing her and her alone, and was such a perfect gentleman and moved so slowly with her besides. She may be seeing a different side of Brad and it is freaking her out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post

I also want to add that regarding Chantal's "overemoting" and Emily's lack thereof, I expect that the editors' plan was to overexaggerate both women's natural tendencies to play up their opposite natures, knowing they were the final 2. And additionally, I think that the circumstances themselves contributed, in that Chantal's insecurities about Brad (she must have sensed, as all the women did, that Emily was his favorite, all along), and his inability to really assure her of his feelings (since she wasn't the one he was falling for), caused her to be more prone to meltdowns, whereas Emily, it appears, never really was confronted with Brad showing more interest in anyone else, so it was much easier for her to remain calm and in control of her emotions. Brad now tells us how upset she is watching the show and it may be because she is now becoming aware of how far things progressed physically with the other women, something she probably didn't think about then since he was so clearly pursuing her and her alone, and was such a perfect gentleman and moved so slowly with her besides. She may be seeing a different side of Brad and it is freaking her out.
    so true!

It seems odd that all of a sudden brad says that he expects that she will not answer the phone or mondays are not good in his house etc

Lets not forget that emily do not show her physical emotions publicly and it must be a shock to her to see brad so very cosy with chantal and the other girls.

But brad must be over the moon to know that she is finally jealous. This is a language that he understand.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post

Funny, it turns out that Emily's, the one with the roller coaster emotions post The Bachelor.

I just watched Brad & Chantal's Costa Rica date and I must say that she's right about him being different with her. You can see that he was really having a good time. I don't think anyone remembers that after the edit in the SI date even though they also had a really good 1 on 1 time. I guess we're not meant to. It's too easy to write off all of their time together as being drama filled but it's not and I feel it's rewriting history to say he didn't have strong feelings for her.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I just watched Brad & Chantal's Costa Rica date and I must say that she's right about him being different with her. You can see that he was really having a good time. I don't think anyone remembers that after the edit in the SI date even though they also had a really good 1 on 1 time. I guess we're not meant to. It's too easy to write off all of their time together as being drama filled but it's not and I feel it's rewriting history to say he didn't have strong feelings for her.
    I don't think anyone said that he didn't have strong feelings for her. I think it is exactly the opposite. I think he did have strong feelings for her and that is why she is the F2. I think he wanted to give their relationship every chance it had to make it.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

I think another way we can know that TPTB didn't have Ashley as their first choice for the Bette is the fact that we never even heard about her deceased boyfriend. I know they wanted to primarily focus on Emily's loss, but to never hear a conversation between Ashley and Brad about a boyfriend who died just WEEKS before she went on the show is highly suspect.

So is this going to be addressed during Ashley's time as Bette or are they going to just sweep it under the rug? And if they do address it, won't the general audience be confused why they hadn't heard of it before?

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl View Post
    I don't think anyone said that he didn't have strong feelings for her. I think it is exactly the opposite. I think he did have strong feelings for her and that is why she is the F2. I think he wanted to give their relationship every chance it had to make it.
    but how could he give it a fair chance..because if what I have been reading is correct..he already knew by this time that Emily was gonna be his F1..which IMO means he didn't completly open his heart to Chantel and see what might have been
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I'll never beleive he didn't ENJOY her company, either. I can't go with strong feelings as I just didn't get that vibe from him as in what strong feelings relate to when it comes to Brad but did he have a great time on their initial date? No doubt about it!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    but how could he give it a fair chance..because if what I have been reading is correct..he already knew by this time that Emily was gonna be his F1..which IMO means he didn't completly open his heart to Chantel and see what might have been
    What slowed that train was ... immediately after, very same week they had such a GREAT date, Chantal ended it in tears. The red flags went up when she said just send me home.... yada yada.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-06-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Go wherever you go...... WITH ALL YOUR HEART

I'm ready for the bach'ette Ash, now. My son is going to kill me if he lands on FORT these days seeing my new avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I will be honest, I haven't heard Brad (himself) say when he knew that Emily was the F1. Regardless, maybe Brad did completely open his heart to Chantal...and he decided that he would rather be with Emily. Unless we are Brad, Emily or Chantal, I don't think there is any way to know what was truly said or felt during this process.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by mprssdbyu View Post
    What slowed that train was ... immediately after, very same week they had such a GREAT date, Chantal ended it in tears. The red flags went up when she said just send me home.... yada yada.
    well if her emotions were too much for him than maybe he should have sent her home..from what I am understand from current interviews it seems Emily's emotions are worse than what we saw from Chantel on the show
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!