Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

FORT Regular

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

I also believe that we never know when in the process he made the statement. She did open up in S Africa, and he could have said that any time during a PI.....just a thought. Can't wait for the finale!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    Re the bolded....after thinking about it.....It would seem that perhaps Brad didn't think that Emily was capable of loving him back since Ricky was the love of her life -- Kind of like Brad wasn't sure whether Emily would be able to love him back. IDK. Just something I thought of.

I don't think we've heard these quotes yet on the show though.
    do we know WHEN those voice quotation were recorded????

I mean again it is easy with the thousand and thousand of hours taped and recorded to pick what they wanted and added this at the right time for drama effect!

It was very possible that those were recorded way before anguilla or at least before the final3.

Every single preview we saw so far do show a girl that is not her voice or it is misplaced in timeline.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr View Post
    See that's what bugs me about this "process".... can't help but wonder if things might've been different if TPTB had not opted for a group date in Anguilla that was so ridiculously stressful to all parties. I guess one has to believe things happen for a reason - but with time of the essence, one doesn't seem to be entitled to a bad day... I still think all the girls had a right to be majorly disappointed at the extra attention Emily was getting. Of course, Brad had every right to attend to whomever he chose - but some of the attention was to assuage his guilt over difficult situations that were engineered specifically for drama re: Emily's backstory. Most likely by now Em is confident that his attraction to her is far greater than mere pity or some sort of rescue scenario.... but I wouldn't have minded seeing the romance develop sans the producers' manipulations. If C. was F1 in the beginning, and had not fallen apart at that ridiculous SI shoot, might the ending have been a bit harder to call? Just wonderin'...
    But knowing C. is happy and seeing someone who one can only hope deserves her makes all this moot I guess...
    I hear ya...that to me is a cop out and an excuse on Brad's part...if Brad says he based his decision heavily on Chantal's emotional breakdown in Anguilla he's a loser. Everyone of those girls were exhausted, tired, stressed and put in a situation to play the model. BF himself said Brad was exhausted and not able to respond to "crying girls". Cop out in my book. OK...Brad's heart led to Emily and he followed his heart. I respect that and wish them all the best, but come on Brad, give Chantal a little credit.

FORT Regular

It seems we get to the "silly" week every season.....I hope that at the AFTR they explain the edit. But then, MF would have less ammo in his pocket for the future!

Quote Originally Posted by zydacoegirl View Post
    Based on the edit we've seen between Brad and Emily, what do ya'll make of his comment about "moving in" together. I'm not quite sure we have this phrase in its full context. (not that there's anything wrong with moving in....lol- Seinfield reference....for us Seinfeld fans)

I think people are making to much of the comment. First just because he said he can't wait 'til they move in with each other doesn't mean that going to happen any th enear future. What he may mean is that none of their real life can truly really start 'til they can be out as a real couple. Once the finale is over the whole process however long it takes can start moving, 'til then they are in a holding pattern. Plus, while they were taking things slow during the show and things slow physically, they have probably made huge strides during their seclusion period while the show airs. Frankly, Brad and Emily made good use of their time on the show and confronted alot of things that in real life they would have never confronted so quickly. The show forced them to confront and talk out things more quickly on the hsow than they would have in real. So, the already were a bit ahead of the game coming out of the show. The best couples from the Bachelor/ette use not only time during the show but especially, time during seclusion to talk out their immediate and distant future plans and goals as a couple. Roberto & Ali did this as well. We as viewers may think things are happening to soon but, that's becaus ewe are not privy to these conversation nor do we truly know the individuals involved, their strengths, and thought patterns. Like I said Brad may have been speaking figuratively when he talked about moving in, in that he meant when it eventually happens versus it happening immediately.

However, for all we know Ricki has been spending time with Brad & Emily on their rendezvous for the past 3 months getting to know and bonding with Brad. So, the possibility of them moving in or getting married maybe a sooner possibility than later.Personally, if all parties are certain that they ar ein this for the long haul and are definitely getting married, the sooner that Emily & Ricki move to Texas the better it will be for all of them. It will be better for Ricki to get settled ina new city and for school next year. Plus, they will be local so Brad & Emilyy can spend more time together strengthening their relationship and Ricki being able to bond and grow her relationship with Brad on a daily basis. Brad could keep his loft and they could purchase a home, that eventually would be their marital home, that Emily and Ricki could stay in 'til they get married. That way they have a place to spend time and grow as a family spending time with Ricki and then Brad and Emily can have his loft for privacy for their courting time with just the two of them while living in the same city. I have to say Emily is probably more acclimated to deal with the parameters of the seclusion portion of the show than anyone sinc eit was similar to the relationship she had with Ricky 'til she moved from Florida to North Carolina.Either way I'm sure we'll know some of what their plans are from the ATFR, although they are both very private. At the end of the day they know each other, know their relationship, know Ricki, and know wha's gone on the past 3 months . So, they will know what the best way and pace will be to move forward with their plans. I think Brad is just exhuberant and excited for things to be out in the open an dbe able to start his life and that's what he's conveying more than anything else in his interviews, moreso than any specific plans.JMO

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    I think people are making to much of the comment. First just because he said he can't wait 'til they move in with each other doesn't mean that going to happen any th enear future. What he may mean is that none of their real life can truly really start 'til they can be out as a real couple. Once the finale is over the whole process however long it takes can start moving, 'til then they are in a holding pattern. Plus, while they were taking things slow during the show and things slow physically, they have probably made huge strides during their seclusion period while the show airs. Frankly, Brad and Emily made good use of their time on the show and confronted alot of things that in real life they would have never confronted so quickly. The show forced them to confront and talk out things more quickly on the hsow than they would have in real. So, the already were a bit ahead of the game coming out of the show. The best couples from the Bachelor/ette use not only time during the show but especially, time during seclusion to talk out their immediate and distant future plans and goals as a couple. Roberto & Ali did this as well. We as viewers may think things are happening to soon but, that's becaus ewe are not privy to these conversation nor do we truly know the individuals involved, their strengths, and thought patterns. Like I said Brad may have been speaking figuratively when he talked about moving in, in that he meant when it eventually happens versus it happening immediately.

However, for all we know Ricki has been spending time with Brad & Emily on their rendezvous for the past 3 months getting to know and bonding with Brad. So, the possibility of them moving in or getting married maybe a sooner possibility than later.Personally, if all parties are certain that they ar ein this for the long haul and are definitely getting married, the sooner that Emily & Ricki move to Texas the better it will be for all of them. It will be better for Ricki to get settled ina new city and for school next year. Plus, they will be local so Brad & Emilyy can spend more time together strengthening their relationship and Ricki being able to bond and grow her relationship with Brad on a daily basis. Brad could keep his loft and they could purchase a home, that eventually would be their marital home, that Emily and Ricki could stay in 'til they get married. That way they have a place to spend time and grow as a family spending time with Ricki and then Brad and Emily can have his loft for privacy for their courting time with just the two of them while living in the same city. I have to say Emily is probably more acclimated to deal with the parameters of the seclusion portion of the show than anyone sinc eit was similar to the relationship she had with Ricky 'til she moved from Florida to North Carolina.Either way I'm sure we'll know some of what their plans are from the ATFR, although they are both very private. At the end of the day they know each other, know their relationship, know Ricki, and know wha's gone on the past 3 months . So, they will know what the best way and pace will be to move forward with their plans. I think Brad is just exhuberant and excited for things to be out in the open an dbe able to start his life and that's what he's conveying more than anything else in his interviews, moreso than any specific plans.JMO

I guess time will tell if Brad/Emily/Ricki are figuratively "moving on" or literally "moving in". One HTD and 3 months of sparse "safe house" interaction...not much time...maybe it's just me...don't know!?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    I guess time will tell if Brad/Emily/Ricki are figuratively "moving on" or literally "moving in". One HTD and 3 months of sparse "safe house" interaction...not much time...maybe it's just me...don't know!?
    Yes, that's not much time. We've all seen divorces after hasty marriages. We've all also seen divorces after long courtships--and after both short and long marriages. I think they'll figure out what is right for them, giving full consideration to Ricki. I hope they don't spend any energy trying to please TB viewers and/or message boarders--that will never happen!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr View Post
    See that's what bugs me about this "process".... can't help but wonder if things might've been different if TPTB had not opted for a group date in Anguilla that was so ridiculously stressful to all parties. I guess one has to believe things happen for a reason - but with time of the essence, one doesn't seem to be entitled to a bad day... I still think all the girls had a right to be majorly disappointed at the extra attention Emily was getting. Of course, Brad had every right to attend to whomever he chose - but some of the attention was to assuage his guilt over difficult situations that were engineered specifically for drama re: Emily's backstory. Most likely by now Em is confident that his attraction to her is far greater than mere pity or some sort of rescue scenario.... but I wouldn't have minded seeing the romance develop sans the producers' manipulations. If C. was F1 in the beginning, and had not fallen apart at that ridiculous SI shoot, might the ending have been a bit harder to call? Just wonderin'...

But knowing C. is happy and seeing someone who one can only hope deserves her makes all this moot I guess...
    Chantal still wouldn't have been F1, regardless of the SI shoot. Brad started 'breaking rules' in Ep 4 with Emily, which was the week Chantal had her first 1:1. He didn't see Emily at all but set up a picnic for her. Some say it was planned by the producers but I don't think so - he said in a PI before the cocktail party that he'd been looking forward to seeing Emily, as he hadn't seen her since their date and he couldn't wait to rekindle what they'd started at that date. Those're some big words!

Regardless of whether Emily had the romantic beach date or the riding bicycles through the town date or even the yacht date - things would've ended the same and Brad would've fallen just as hard for her.

The SI date was just the final nail in Chantal's coffin. He saw the drama in Vegas, asked her to stop it, and then saw that she couldn't; it's just who she is. When Michelle left, Brad talks about his intense physical chemistry with her but then says that how they butt heads would've turned it into a volatile relationship very quickly - as his psychiatrist would say - bingo! That is why Chantal would've left at F3...

Something else to note - a huge difference in Brad's reactions and how it points to Emily as F1 - any time Brad was questioned throughout the season, we see him tense up and for a split second, "old Brad" appears. We saw it when Chantal asked him if he was 'man enough' in Ep 4, we see it when Ashley questioned him during their group date in Ep 3, and we saw it at times with Michelle during their conversations. HOWEVER, the two times we see Emily question his intentions - first at her HTD when he says he won't kiss her and the second when she asks if he's really ready for a 5-year-old, he actually smiles and/or laughs!! He laughed at her HTD and said you're not buying this and then he had a huge smile in SA and answered yes to her question.

Brad is a different man around Emily in so many ways. That's how we know Emily was *the one* for him - and it happened early on.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skitts View Post
    It's not just you, skitts ...

We've got two people that went on a reality TV dating show, found each other, and are now trying to transition that relationship to real life. There's a lot to be wary of here. I can't believe anybody that even remotely cares about Ricki is considering making a move as big as moving in together with zero real life experience as a couple behind them. There's good reason to raise a skeptical eyebrow or two here.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    It's not just you, skitts ...

We've got two people that went on a reality TV dating show, found each other, and are now trying to transition that relationship to real life. There's a lot to be wary of here. I can't believe anybody that even remotely cares about Ricki is considering making a move as big as moving in together with zero real life experience as a couple behind them. There's good reason to raise a skeptical eyebrow or two here.
    Didn't EA say that as a friend of Emily's, she could see Emily moving and Ricki not having a hard time? She (EA) didn't seem to have a problem with it...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time