Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by alsoaktchr View Post
    See that's what bugs me about this "process".... can't help but wonder if things might've been different if TPTB had not opted for a group date in Anguilla that was so ridiculously stressful to all parties. I guess one has to believe things happen for a reason - but with time of the essence, one doesn't seem to be entitled to a bad day... I still think all the girls had a right to be majorly disappointed at the extra attention Emily was getting. Of course, Brad had every right to attend to whomever he chose - but some of the attention was to assuage his guilt over difficult situations that were engineered specifically for drama re: Emily's backstory. Most likely by now Em is confident that his attraction to her is far greater than mere pity or some sort of rescue scenario.... but I wouldn't have minded seeing the romance develop sans the producers' manipulations. If C. was F1 in the beginning, and had not fallen apart at that ridiculous SI shoot, might the ending have been a bit harder to call? Just wonderin'...
    But knowing C. is happy and seeing someone who one can only hope deserves her makes all this moot I guess...

SI date didn't make a difference and wouldn't have made a difference in the ending. Brad saw and was having problems with Chantal's temperment and over emotional nature before the SI date. Most important his feelings and showing her favoritism started from the beginning long before Anguilla. And as much as people would like it to be the case it was not solely based around her child or pity over her tragic story. Brad was into her and had feelings for her before they ever had their 1st 1-on-1 date. Before he ever knew she had a child and a tragic fiancee'. They had a 1-on-1 on the 1st group date that we never saw that he mentions in their 1-on-1 talk at the 2nd RC cocktail party. It's why he was so happy that Roberto & Ali said she was genuine and gave her the early rose becasue his interest was already there and feelings started. It's why he was fumbling his words in that 1-on-1 RC time the same way Ali was at the very same point with Roberto during her season. He never knew about her kid or her fiance' Ricky at the point. Finding about both Rickys only made him realize that things weren't going to be as easy as he planned because he would have to tread carefully to get Emily to be his. It was why he was so relieved when she finally told him on their 1-on-1 about Ricki & Ricky. He was so afraid that his initial opinion that she was th eone was wrong because she kept deflecting his questions. When he found out about her tragic past he realized why she had been holding back and that she was even more than he thought she was. Even more of what he always wanted.

Chantal would always have the same personality and would always be the person he had fun with and some chemistry. She was a backup if things didn't work out with Emily. What happens on the Bachelor is no different than what happens in real life. a guy dates two girls casually and then something happens where he develops more serious feelings for one. And the other one he feels less for as he gets to see her personality in situations or those feelings never progress past the casual. Then, he dumps the casual girl to get seriious and exclusive with the one he really sees a life with. It's life. It's dating on tv or off. Producer setup dates or real life dates, it's the same when you get down to it.

Have we heard Brad or Chantal say the following quotes?

Chantal "What if he goes down this road again and he doesn't have the girl that he wants to spend his life with?"

Brad: "I came her looking for something ..I am so blessed and I'm confident that I love this women with all of my heart...I have fallen, I have fallen madly in love, but I am scared... I am not sure if the women I am in love with will be capable of loving me back"

Brad: "I am physically and emotionally done... I came here and I told my self I was going to be very open... and now I am going to be left empty handed... because I am the guy that left two women standing at the alter last time"
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post

Chantal "What if he goes down this road again and he doesn't have the girl that he wants to spend his life with?"

Brad: "I came her looking for something ..I am so blessed and I'm confident that I love this women with all of my heart...I have fallen, I have fallen madly in love, but I am scared... I am not sure if the women I am in love with will be capable of loving me back"

Brad: "I am physically and emotionally done... I came here and I told my self I was going to be very open... and now I am going to be left empty handed... because I am the guy that left two women standing at the alter last time"
    Re the bolded....after thinking about it.....It would seem that perhaps Brad didn't think that Emily was capable of loving him back since Ricky was the love of her life -- Kind of like Brad wasn't sure whether Emily would be able to love him back. IDK. Just something I thought of.

I don't think we've heard these quotes yet on the show though.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post

Only in previews.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    SI date didn't make a difference and wouldn't have made a difference in the ending. Brad saw and was having problems with Chantal's temperment and over emotional nature before the SI date. Most important his feelings and showing her favoritism started from the beginning long before Anguilla. And as much as people would like it to be the case it was not solely based around her child or pity over her tragic story. Brad was into her and had feelings for her before they ever had their 1st 1-on-1 date. Before he ever knew she had a child and a tragic fiancee'. They had a 1-on-1 on the 1st group date that we never saw that he mentions in their 1-on-1 talk at the 2nd RC cocktail party. It's why he was so happy that Roberto & Ali said she was genuine and gave her the early rose becasue his interest was already there and feelings started. It's why he was fumbling his words in that 1-on-1 RC time the same way Ali was at the very same point with Roberto during her season. He never knew about her kid or her fiance' Ricky at the point. Finding about both Rickys only made him realize that things weren't going to be as easy as he planned because he would have to tread carefully to get Emily to be his. It was why he was so relieved when she finally told him on their 1-on-1 about Ricki & Ricky. He was so afraid that his initial opinion that she was th eone was wrong because she kept deflecting his questions. When he found out about her tragic past he realized why she had been holding back and that she was even more than he thought she was. Even more of what he always wanted.

Chantal would always have the same personality and would always be the person he had fun with and some chemistry. She was a backup if things didn't work out with Emily. What happens on the Bachelor is no different than what happens in real life. a guy dates two girls casually and then something happens where he develops more serious feelings for one. And the other one he feels less for as he gets to see her personality in situations or those feelings never progress past the casual. Then, he dumps the casual girl to get seriious and exclusive with the one he really sees a life with. It's life. It's dating on tv or off. Producer setup dates or real life dates, it's the same when you get down to it.

Wow! You speak as though you know things for a fact. Do you or is this just speculation like the rest of us are doing?

I agree, he certainly was into Emily before she told him about her past with Ricky and her daughter. Epi. 2 is proof enough, the man came out dancing after giving her that special rose.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee View Post
    Re the bolded....after thinking about it.....It would seem that perhaps Brad didn't think that Emily was capable of loving him back since Ricky was the love of her life -- Kind of like Brad wasn't sure whether Emily would be able to love him back. IDK. Just something I thought of.

I don't think we've heard these quotes yet on the show though.
    Thanks Sanlee! That is what I thought. Maybe we hear these during the finale.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal View Post
    Wow! You speak as though you know things for a fact. Do you or is this just speculation like the rest of us are doing?
    Everything I mentioned was shown and spoken about in some way by Brad. People overlook it and think it's editing or you shouldn't believe what Brad said because they believed RS Chantal was F1. You should go back and listen. Brad mentions the 1-on-1 time he had with Emily that we didn't see on the group PSA date in episode 2 during the cocktail party that week during their 1st 1-on-1 time before Ali & Roberto come. He mentions how she talked about wanting a family, relationship and life. This was before episode 3 when she had her 1-on-1 date and actually told him her tragic story and about having a child. He stutters all around and is nervous during the conversation. Ali commented on it when she saw the episode air. How it was like how she was with Roberto in the beginning, which is true. Those same things parallel with Ali/Roberto & Brad/Emily. The great 1st impression and chemistry episode 1. The 2nd episode RC talk with all the jitters/nervousness due to physical attractiona nd being unable to talk. Even the not getting a date and giving them RC reassurance from them that they are still very interested even though they didn't get a date that week. For Roberto it was week 2 he didn't get a date. For EMily it was week 4 and Brad did the RC picnic. They made both Ali & Brad wait to have the 1-on-1 date with their dream F1 'til the 3rd episode.

Brad's relief after Emily revealed her past, he himself mentions on the date. I also got it from one of CH tvguide interviews. He was relieved because he thought he might have been wrong about how right she was by the way she kept deflecting his questions. Brad has been very clear about expressing himself about Emily during the show, in interviews, and in his blogs. Just the way Ali was about Roberto in her blogs. People simply choose to ignore or relegate it to producer manipulation. Even when Babyface made clear Brad wrote his blog and Ali made clear that she wrote hers. Brad's feelings on Chantal's temperment again came from Brad and was spoken of before Anguilla. He mentions his concerns in Vegas at RC. She was shown also getting upset back in LA week 4. This didn't start withh the SI date over the rose.Hope I answered your question.

Last edited by nikkij_26; 03-06-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Everything I mentioned was shown and spoken about in some way by Brad. People overlook it and think it's editing or you shouldn't believe what Brad said because they believed RS Chantal was F1. You should go back and listen. Brad mentions the 1-on-1 time he had with Emily that we didn't see on the group PSA date in episode 2 during the cocktail party that week during their 1st 1-on-1 time before Ali & Roberto come. He mentions how she talked about wanting a family, relationship and life. This was before episode 3 when she had her 1-on-1 date and actually told him her tragic story and about having a child. He stutters all around and is nervous during the conversation. Ali commented on it when she saw the episode air. How it was like how she was with Roberto in the beginning, which is true. Those same things parallel with Ali/Roberto & Brad/Emily. The great 1st impression and chemistry episode 1. The 2nd episode RC talk with all the jitters/nervousness due to physical attractiona nd being unable to talk. Even the not getting a date and giving them RC reassurance from them that they are still very interested even though they didn't get a date that week. For Roberto it was week 2 he didn't get a date. For EMily it was week 4 and Brad did the RC picnic. They made both Ali & Brad wait to have the 1-on-1 date with their dream F1 'til the 3rd episode.

Brad's relief after Emily revealed her past, he himself mentions on the date. I also got it from one of CH tvguide interviews. He was relieved because he thought he might have been wrong about how right she was by the way she kept deflecting his questions. Brad has been very clear about expressing himself about Emily during the show, in interviews, and in his blogs. Just the way Ali was about Roberto in her blogs. People simply choose to ignore or relegate it to producer manipulation. Even when Babyface made clear Brad wrote his blog and Ali made clear that she wrote hers. Brad's feelings on Chantal's temperment again came from Brad and was spoken of before Anguilla. He mentions his concerns in Vegas at RC. She was shown also getting upset back in LA week 4. This didn't start withh the SI date over the rose.Hope I answered your question.

Oh, I meant to add that in that early interview before the premiere when Brad was discussing when he knew who was the one, with I believe People magazine, he discusses specifically that it was on their first 1-on-1 conversation. He said he wouldn't give away and say whether it was their 1st 1-on-1 time on a group date or their 1st on-on-date but, that's when he kind of knew she was the one. Then, his feelings were placed even though e explored all the other relationships to the fullest. That's what keyed me into that 2nd RC cocktail party conversation because he mentions their conversation on that PSA Group date. That would have been their 1st 1-on-1 conversation on a group date which TPTB did not let us see. Instead we saw Chantal and of course Michelle with her birthday drama. Brad could have meant Emily & Brad's 1-on-1 date where she revealed her tragedy and they had that intense connection too. Chris Harrison mentions in his blog how that moment and what happened between them was unlike anything that has ever happened on any season. Either way both 1-on-1 conversations meant alot to Brad and his connection with Emily. However, the PSA group date 1-on-1 made a huge impression and Emily was the frontrunner in his mind even before the winery date and learning of her past & child. Hence, his relief at Ali & Roberto saying she was genuine.

FORT Fan

Oh, I meant to add that in that early interview before the premiere when Brad was discussing when he knew who was the one, with I believe People magazine, he discusses specifically that it was on their first 1-on-1 conversation. He said he wouldn't give away and say whether it was their 1st 1-on-1 time on a group date or their 1st on-on-date but, that's when he kind of knew she was the one. Then, his feelings were placed even though e explored all the other relationships to the fullest. That's what keyed me into that 2nd RC cocktail party conversation because he mentions their conversation on that PSA Group date. That would have been their 1st 1-on-1 conversation on a group date which TPTB did not let us see. Instead we saw Chantal and of course Michelle with her birthday drama. Brad could have meant Emily & Brad's 1-on-1 date where she revealed her tragedy and they had that intense connection too. Chris Harrison mentions in his blog how that moment and what happened between them was unlike anything that has ever happened on any season. Either way both 1-on-1 conversations meant alot to Brad and his connection with Emily. However, the PSA group date 1-on-1 made a huge impression and Emily was the frontrunner in his mind even before the winery date and learning of her past & child. Hence, his relief at Ali & Roberto saying she was genuine.

Based on the edit we've seen between Brad and Emily, what do ya'll make of his comment about "moving in" together. I'm not quite sure we have this phrase in its full context. (not that there's anything wrong with moving in....lol- Seinfield reference....for us Seinfeld fans)