Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

I'm playing catch up, so I apologize for quoting posts from a few days back - also, I'd like to send a shout out to NikkiJ since you've written a lot of great posts and made lots of great points that I can't quote them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    I don't know. I may be totally off base but I think the edit from day one screamed Emily as F1 and Chantal as "chemistry" F2. Personally, I thought Chantal was gone at F3 but Ashley "checked out" of the game.

Sorry for the long post
    Shortened due to length but where have you been all season? That was a great post with objective thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinidae View Post
    I think Chantel had all the support she did because it was spoiled that she was F1, so people rallied around her. We will never know for sure, but I wonder if she would've had the same support if she'd been predicted to be anything other than F1.

In the Jason/Melissa/Molly triangle - sleuthers on this board had it figured out that Melissa was F1, so why show support to Molly? It's human nature to want to be on the 'winning' team.

Anyway, just a thought.
    I absolutely agree with this and mentioned it a few times early in the season. Having not been spoiled until after Ep 3, I was extremely surprised to hear the spoilers had Chantal as F1 because the edit wasn't showing that at all. Her edit was always an F2 one.

I'm hoping, if anything, this season has shown to people that we need to disregard the spoilers and pay attention to what's going on on the show. Sleuthing and true edit analysis (meaning we're not trying to pigeon-hole a contestant into the place we've heard they finish!) returns. YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden View Post
    When do you think Brad made his final decision to go with Emily (assuming Emily is F1)? I think it's pretty clear from the last episode that he was going to keep Ashley up until that last second. He even said "things change so quickly." I'm not sure how much he was considering Chantal at that point or even before this rose ceremony (back at the previous RC when he said goodbye to Shawntel.)

It just seems a little mean to keep Chantal there til the very end when she exhibited the most feelings for him and told him pretty early on that she was falling in love. The decision to let Ashley go seemed pretty impulsive.
    I believe Brad had an idea before but actually made the decision regarding Emily after the NASCAR date. I believe he did a lot of thinking after that date and while in Costa Rica and when he and Emily talked about him not letting her pull away and her asking for his help, his decision was firm in his mind. The only "loose end" he had to tie up was whether Ricki would accept him and like him. When that worked out (probably better than he'd hoped), it was no contest, Emily was cemented as F1.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I'm playing catch up, so I apologize for quoting posts from a few days back - also, I'd like to send a shout out to NikkiJ since you've written a lot of great posts and made lots of great points that I can't quote them all.

Shortened due to length but where have you been all season? That was a great post with objective thoughts.

I absolutely agree with this and mentioned it a few times early in the season. Having not been spoiled until after Ep 3, I was extremely surprised to hear the spoilers had Chantal as F1 because the edit wasn't showing that at all. Her edit was always an F2 one.

I'm hoping, if anything, this season has shown to people that we need to disregard the spoilers and pay attention to what's going on on the show. Sleuthing and true edit analysis (meaning we're not trying to pigeon-hole a contestant into the place we've heard they finish!) returns. YAY!!!

I believe Brad had an idea before but actually made the decision regarding Emily after the NASCAR date. I believe he did a lot of thinking after that date and while in Costa Rica and when he and Emily talked about him not letting her pull away and her asking for his help, his decision was firm in his mind. The only "loose end" he had to tie up was whether Ricki would accept him and like him. When that worked out (probably better than he'd hoped), it was no contest, Emily was cemented as F1.

ITA. That episode 5 date painted the picture for me. I thought that Brad was upset about the whole Nascar thing and how it went down. He also got the picture of how long and strong Emily can love. In all of his reassurances to her, he was looking for assurance from her. Perhaps he was worry she would leave and he did not want that. Could be why he kept going to her to see how she felt, telling her how he felt and the rose.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    I just thought of something. The departures of Ashley H and Frank from Ali's season are really familiar. They both had the first 1:1 dates, and throughout the season, they both had to constantly be reassured. They each had 2:1 dates and their departures were more emotional than needed all the way down to the "I really thought they would have met my family." statements. Following said departure, we have an informal RC. Any thoughts on this?
    Great minds! After reading CH's description about the upcoming FD's, I wrote this last Saturday-

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Not all of us...

And I find it funny that CH described Brad & Emily as having great chemistry in his latest interview. For those who still care - have a relisten. He describes Emily as he described Roberto - a positive with a negative that they must overcome, he described Chantal as Chris - easy relationship that goes with the flow, and he described Ashley as Frank.

It's all been out there...
    Here is the Chris Harrison quote I was referring to:

Of Chantal O’Brien, Chris said to Mario, “I would marry her just to live in her parents’ house.” He added that she and Brad “seem to have this great flow going.” Chris believes Brad and Emily Maynard have great chemistry, but they always seem to be coming up against the daughter factor and Emily’s past. With Ashley Hebert, there’s a constant emotional roller-coaster ride.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Where is he's messed up at. I keep reading that he has issues, that I don't see. Just because he didn't choose someone the first time, IMO doesn't make you be messed up or have issues. Nor being single for a long time. He just hadn't met anyone that made him feel the need to make that next step. All good things come to those that wait. Something the bible strongly teaches, that I have learned.
    If Brad doesn't have issues, then he has been wasting a lot of money on therapy for 3 years, per his own comments.

Based on how he has described his childhood and his lack of a father figure, it doesn't surprise me that this would affect his ability to form successful romantic relationships. It sounds like Brad, at least, is no longer in denial about it, and that's a good thing (tm Martha Stewart).

These screencaps are for Bloomers!

"Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    These screencaps are for Bloomers!

Thank you, dahlin'

Now, this is editing sleuthing... When Blondie came out with her spoiler, like the reset of the sleuthers, I started scrambling. Earlier on, the stats looked liked an F1 Chantal edit. She was in Roberto's spot in almost all of the RC's.

Something was niggling in in my mind...

We had those early preview screencaps of the Fantasy Dates, and one of them was similar to the above shot of just Chantal and Emily when Brad had taken Ashely off for a chat.

The two of them....the two of them....Ali's season - Frank was already gone. I went and got my hard copies, and sure 'nuff there was Chris in Chantal's spot, and Emily was now in Roberto's spot.

Notice the toasts are the same as well....

Now when do I think that happened as far as the edit?

I think things changed, as Brad said in Anguilla. He referred to the "love" something starting. Well, it sure wasn't love starting as edited in that SI Shoot, so it had to be the Emily date and her story.

As far as stats, Chantal was F1 through Anguilla. Now I don't know if she was "go to", he was slowly warming up to Emily and fell at the end of the hometowns (which would jive with the texts - he just let "go" and fell for someone else) or she just was F1 until he got to a certain point, and then Emily was F1, but those RC positions show a change, and they coincide with the change in the spoilers.

Thank you again to Love_Me for the technical help.

I get by with a little help from my friends.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 03-06-2011 at 12:05 AM.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

See that's what bugs me about this "process".... can't help but wonder if things might've been different if TPTB had not opted for a group date in Anguilla that was so ridiculously stressful to all parties. I guess one has to believe things happen for a reason - but with time of the essence, one doesn't seem to be entitled to a bad day... I still think all the girls had a right to be majorly disappointed at the extra attention Emily was getting. Of course, Brad had every right to attend to whomever he chose - but some of the attention was to assuage his guilt over difficult situations that were engineered specifically for drama re: Emily's backstory. Most likely by now Em is confident that his attraction to her is far greater than mere pity or some sort of rescue scenario.... but I wouldn't have minded seeing the romance develop sans the producers' manipulations. If C. was F1 in the beginning, and had not fallen apart at that ridiculous SI shoot, might the ending have been a bit harder to call? Just wonderin'...
    But knowing C. is happy and seeing someone who one can only hope deserves her makes all this moot I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Thank you, dahlin'

Now, this is editing sleuthing... When Blondie came out with her spoiler, like the reset of the sleuthers, I started scrambling. Earlier on, the stats looked liked an F1 Chantal edit. She was in Roberto's spot in almost all of the RC's.

We had those early preview screencaps of the Fantasy Dates, and one of them was similar to the above shot of just Chantal and Emily when Brad had taken Ashely off for a chat.

The two of them....the two of them....Ali's season - Frank was already gone. I went and got my hard copies, and sure 'nuff there was Chris in Chantal's spot, and Emily was now in Roberto's spot.

I think things changed, as Brad said in Anguilla. He referred to the "love" something starting. Well, it sure wasn't love starting as edited in that SI Shoot, so it had to be the Emily date and her story.

As far as stats, Chantal was F1 through Anguilla. Now I don't know if she was "go to", he was slowly warming up to Emily and fell at the end of the hometowns (which would jive with the texts - he just let "go" and fell for someone else) or she just was F1 until he got to a certain point, and then Emily was F1, but those RC positions show a change, and they coincide with the change in the spoilers.

Perfect!

Thank you Bloomers for explaining this!

I appreciate reading your insight about the show! I always learn new things.

Thanks for the kind words. You are a sweetheart my friend!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Thank you, dahlin'

That would totally makes sense to me. Although we will never know and I am sure he will never admit to emily

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    If Brad doesn't have issues, then he has been wasting a lot of money on therapy for 3 years, per his own comments.

Based on how he has described his childhood and his lack of a father figure, it doesn't surprise me that this would affect his ability to form successful romantic relationships. It sounds like Brad, at least, is no longer in denial about it, and that's a good thing (tm Martha Stewart).
    He could have. When people keep telling you that you have a problem, issues. Guess what, you begin to believe it. After Brad left two women the first time he got a lot of criticism. People talking about he need help, for what, because he didn't end the show in a way that would make people happy. So he was convinced that he needed help and he sought help, which I don't think he needed. IMO.