Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

  1. #1821
    Finale Fan! SecretGarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    357

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    I wonder why we are still wondering this. He claimed on the top of the roof that he fell for his F1 even before their 1:1 in every interview he had with the medias!!!!

    Nascar was the major turn and anguilla confirmed..... mmmmmm in his eyes at least because sure I did not see any of this!
    Ahh the hindsight bias. I really doubt he's being honest with himself about that. It's easy to say that after the fact, but during the process I think he was conflicted for the majority of the season. Emily is seriously reserved and he even thought she might break his heart.

    Also, slightly off topic, but I totally agreed with what Shawntel said in that one clip about the possibility of being the bachelorette (the one in which Ashley H had longer brown hair). Shawntel said that Brad doesn't know how it feels to be on the other side, which is true. He really does have issues (example - last time he was on the show - and he was 35 then). He also doesn't seem to have the same kind of empathy as some previous bachelors have had towards the bachelorettes. They are just editing to make him seem like he has this huge aversion/phobia of "drama" that mostly came out of the girls' insecurities - when in reality any normal person would feel that way given the situation. No one wants to see the guy they have the hots for kissing/dating other girls.

  2. #1822
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden View Post
    Ahh the hindsight bias. I really doubt he's being honest with himself about that. It's easy to say that after the fact, but during the process I think he was conflicted for the majority of the season. Emily is seriously reserved and he even thought she might break his heart.

    Also, slightly off topic, but I totally agreed with what Shawntel said in that one clip about the possibility of being the bachelorette (the one in which Ashley H had longer brown hair). Shawntel said that Brad doesn't know how it feels to be on the other side, which is true. He really does have issues (example - last time he was on the show - and he was 35 then). He also doesn't seem to have the same kind of empathy as some previous bachelors have had towards the bachelorettes. They are just editing to make him seem like he has this huge aversion/phobia of "drama" that mostly came out of the girls' insecurities - when in reality any normal person would feel that way given the situation. No one wants to see the guy they have the hots for kissing/dating other girls.
    I disagree on the bolded. Brad has been bold and honest about what he has said. I believe he indeed did fall early. When he gave Emily that special rose and Emily and him returned to the room with all the ladies, he came out strutting and bobbing his head, then he waved his hand toward Emily as if, see she has the rose.

  3. #1823
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,771

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden View Post
    Ahh the hindsight bias. I really doubt he's being honest with himself about that. It's easy to say that after the fact, but during the process I think he was conflicted for the majority of the season. Emily is seriously reserved and he even thought she might break his heart.

    Also, slightly off topic, but I totally agreed with what Shawntel said in that one clip about the possibility of being the bachelorette (the one in which Ashley H had longer brown hair). Shawntel said that Brad doesn't know how it feels to be on the other side, which is true. He really does have issues (example - last time he was on the show - and he was 35 then). He also doesn't seem to have the same kind of empathy as some previous bachelors have had towards the bachelorettes. They are just editing to make him seem like he has this huge aversion/phobia of "drama" that mostly came out of the girls' insecurities - when in reality any normal person would feel that way given the situation. No one wants to see the guy they have the hots for kissing/dating other girls.
    you are right

    And I totally agree with your second paragraph. His phobia to remain lonely, to do not have what his brothers and best friend have, to jump 40 alone, pushed him to pick the woman who was the closest to his dream wife.

    Soon enough he will wake up and find out that it is not easy to jump on the daddy's shoes and leave his beautiful bachelor loft condo that "he loves so much" behind him, and deal with a woman who will always put her daughter first, him after... and will always compete more or less with the "absolute love of her life".

    I do not think brad has the temper and personality to handle that. Emily will fall from his pesdestal and he will find out that she is not the perfect woman he thought she was... because she is normal and has goods and bads like every human being. Is he really prepared for the major change in his life after a couple of psy therapy?

    I would have not jump to live together right away. I would have continue to date and woo the girl and see after a couple of months if my feelings were the same and then, only then, commit to live together.

    I am pretty certain that it is way premature to jump in each other life like that. But who knows? little miracles happens every day!

  4. #1824
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden View Post
    Ahh the hindsight bias. I really doubt he's being honest with himself about that. It's easy to say that after the fact, but during the process I think he was conflicted for the majority of the season. Emily is seriously reserved and he even thought she might break his heart.

    Also, slightly off topic, but I totally agreed with what Shawntel said in that one clip about the possibility of being the bachelorette (the one in which Ashley H had longer brown hair). Shawntel said that Brad doesn't know how it feels to be on the other side, which is true. He really does have issues (example - last time he was on the show - and he was 35 then). He also doesn't seem to have the same kind of empathy as some previous bachelors have had towards the bachelorettes. They are just editing to make him seem like he has this huge aversion/phobia of "drama" that mostly came out of the girls' insecurities - when in reality any normal person would feel that way given the situation. No one wants to see the guy they have the hots for kissing/dating other girls.


    I posted something very similar on another thread..I know a lot of people are against recycled bachelors and bachelorette's but I think they should be...they need to find out what its like on the other side of the rose...IMO it will provide more emphathy for the lead if they have had to experience it from the other side...I think thats part of the problem with Brad..he doesn't really understand how these girls feel because he has never been on the other side
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  5. #1825
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,771

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    [/B]

    I posted something very similar on another thread..I know a lot of people are against recycled bachelors and bachelorette's but I think they should be...they need to find out what its like on the other side of the rose...IMO it will provide more emphathy for the lead if they have had to experience it from the other side...I think thats part of the problem with Brad..he doesn't really understand how these girls feel because he has never been on the other side
    and because he is very limited. He is looking for a 50s wife. As soon as they have a mind of their own that does not fit his, then he turns oyster.

    I mean it is cute to see a young man to stutter and almost blush but that turns a bit weird at 38. I feel pity for the guy who never experienced true love in his life. never too late you will say but still...

  6. #1826
    FORT Fogey reality-luv31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    940

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    I just thought of something. The departures of Ashley H and Frank from Ali's season are really familiar. They both had the first 1:1 dates, and throughout the season, they both had to constantly be reassured. They each had 2:1 dates and their departures were more emotional than needed all the way down to the "I really thought they would have met my family." statements. Following said departure, we have an informal RC. Any thoughts on this?
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

  7. #1827
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,771

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    I just thought of something. The departures of Ashley H and Frank from Ali's season are really familiar. They both had the first 1:1 dates, and throughout the season, they both had to constantly be reassured. They each had 2:1 dates and their departures were more emotional than needed all the way down to the "I really thought they would have met my family." statements. Following said departure, we have an informal RC. Any thoughts on this?
    OMG I JUST thought about the similarities few minutes earlier but my cat needed (no choice here) to be pet!

    yep! first date syndrome the same!

    Ashley had mixed feelings and did not think right because she is carreer oriented

    frank had mixed feelings and did not think right because he did not make a clean cut with his previous girlfriend (I was just wondering I swear if anyone heard of frank and if he is engaged or married and if he still think that experience was the worse nightmare in his life)

    Lets check who will get the rose at the first 1:1 next show and if he turns F3 shall we???

  8. #1828
    FORT Fogey reality-luv31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    940

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    OMG I JUST thought about the similarities few minutes earlier but my cat needed (no choice here) to be pet!

    yep! first date syndrome the same!

    Ashley had mixed feelings and did not think right because she is carreer oriented

    frank had mixed feelings and did not think right because he did not make a clean cut with his previous girlfriend (I was just wondering I swear if anyone heard of frank and if he is engaged or married and if he still think that experience was the worse nightmare in his life)

    Lets check who will get the rose at the first 1:1 next show and if he turns F3 shall we???
    Sure. I was just noting the editing pattern in that when lining up the F3, we see that tptb are employing similar edits from the two seasons. So when we look at through that lens we can look at the F1 and notice the similarities between the two. Ali's F1 had many people frustrated because they didn't see much of the conversation between the two. They thought Ali was just smitten with Mr. Perfect and being blinded. Same with Brad and Em. We aren't privy to much of their conversations, many assume she has no personality and that Brad is just in awe of a "Dream." Ali's season turned out to make perfect sense and we are able to see a true love story. Given the similarities, I think we will be given the same this season which if you'll remember didn't become crystal clear until the finale.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

  9. #1829
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,771

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31 View Post
    Sure. I was just noting the editing pattern in that when lining up the F3, we see that tptb are employing similar edits from the two seasons. So when we look at through that lens we can look at the F1 and notice the similarities between the two. Ali's F1 had many people frustrated because they didn't see much of the conversation between the two. They thought Ali was just smitten with Mr. Perfect and being blinded. Same with Brad and Em. We aren't privy to much of their conversations, many assume she has no personality and that Brad is just in awe of a "Dream." Ali's season turned out to make perfect sense and we are able to see a true love story. Given the similarities, I think we will be given the same this season which if you'll remember didn't become crystal clear until the finale.
    I am still thinking that brad has this dream family/wife/kid in his mind and I will leave the benefice of the doubt and wait in 6 months if they are still together when real life will show the tongue and show him that emily and ricki are not perfect and when he will be the one to compromise a lot. I reserve my opinion as many to see if they will marry. I really wish it is all true only because of the kid tho.

    I saw ali with roberto since they were on the roof 1:1. However, I think the dynamic is very different and similar in a way: Ali was the damsel in distress and roberto was only the knight. Emily played both the damsel in distress and the knight and brad was a bit of both too

    But the difference is that brad saved emily from a miserable lonely terrible life all alone with her daughter (at 24! ) and emily saved him of being an all grumpy guy all alone in his terrible loneny beautifyl bachelor loft.

  10. #1830
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    255

    Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby101 View Post
    OMG I JUST thought about the similarities few minutes earlier but my cat needed (no choice here) to be pet!

    yep! first date syndrome the same!

    Ashley had mixed feelings and did not think right because she is carreer oriented

    frank had mixed feelings and did not think right because he did not make a clean cut with his previous girlfriend (I was just wondering I swear if anyone heard of frank and if he is engaged or married and if he still think that experience was the worse nightmare in his life)

    Lets check who will get the rose at the first 1:1 next show and if he turns F3 shall we???
    When did ROberto have his first 1:1? Was in in the same week that Chantal or Emily?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.