Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post

Anyhow not that Brad would do it, but you see a lot of men really hung up on the Madonna/Whore thing who marry the Madonna and then go through mistresses. They never leave their wives because they revere their wives but they don't want to turn their Madonnas into the whores and instead seek out that other personality else where. And those girls who are are not Madonnas will never be that way in the men's eyes. I know I meet a lot of guys who say they want both women in one usually referring to having the good wife for show/home and then her turning into a mistress in the bedroom basically.

I don't see Emily staying around if she has to beg for physical attention or is constantly having to reassure him that it's ok to be that way.

Regarding the bolded, I don't think she'll have to. That part of that has already gotten better since the HTD. Plus, once he gets the ultimate sign of approval, Emily accepting his proposal and telling him she's in love with him, Brad will become more aggressive physically even easier. IMO

Brad has a thing against cheating, so I don't think that side of the Madonna/whore complex that afflict some will be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26 View Post
    Regarding the bolded, I don't think she'll have to. That part of that has already gotten better since the HTD. Plus, once he gets the ultimate sign of approval, Emily accepting his proposal and telling him she's in love with him, Brad will become more aggressive physically even easier. IMO

Brad has a thing against cheating, so I don't think that side of the Madonna/whore complex that afflict some will be an issue.
    Brad has a thing against being cheated on. That doesn't mean he has a thing against cheating in general. Met plenty of men who demand their wives and mistresses be faithful to them while they are out playing the field as well. Again not saying he would do it but I never count that out as a possibility for anyone.

I think once he's down to one woman he's going to become more physical with her because he can focus all that energy in one direction.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Brad has a thing against being cheated on. That doesn't mean he has a thing against cheating in general. Met plenty of men who demand their wives and mistresses be faithful to them while they are out playing the field as well. Again not saying he would do it but I never count that out as a possibility for anyone.

I think once he's down to one woman he's going to become more physical with her because he can focus all that energy in one direction.

Again no one can say what anyone will do. However, Brad said during the loveline chat with Dr. Drew that he has never cheated and would not. He also mentioned it during his RC chat with I believe Alli or one of the other brunette girls either the 1st RC or one of the other LA RC. She was talking to him about her prior relationship where the guy cheated.

FORT Fan

Again no one can say what anyone will do. However, Brad said during the loveline chat with Dr. Drew that he has never cheated and would not. He also mentioned it during his RC chat with I believe Alli or one of the other brunette girls either the 1st RC or one of the other LA RC. She was talking to him about her prior relationship where the guy cheated.

It was Ali. And she said she had trust issues because her dad had cheated on her mom and then come to tell her "you have a little sister." Brad told her he had never cheated on a woman.

FORT Fan

Assuming Emily is F1, Brads comment on the Jimmy Kimmel show would definitely indicate that there is NO PROBLEM in that department.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jamabae View Post
    It was Ali. And she said she had trust issues because her dad had cheated on her mom and then come to tell her "you have a little sister." Brad told her he had never cheated on a woman.
    Which I got a kick out of considering he basically chose to instead go on show (twice!) where it's basically his JOB to cheat on 25 women at the same time. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cakewalker View Post
    Which I got a kick out of considering he basically chose to instead go on show (twice!) where it's basically his JOB to cheat on 25 women at the same time. LOL
    Well I don't consider it cheating when you're dating and haven't made an 'exclusive' decision. If you're just starting to date then a person is, in my opinion, free to go on other dates also. When it becomes more serious then one of the people need to talk about dating each other exclusively and, until that conversation there's not 'cheating' involved.
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by just logic View Post
    Well I don't consider it cheating when you're dating and haven't made an 'exclusive' decision. If you're just starting to date then a person is, in my opinion, free to go on other dates also. When it becomes more serious then one of the people need to talk about dating each other exclusively and, until that conversation there's not 'cheating' involved.
    I totally agree with your definition of cheating here. So I don't see him as cheating the entire show... show if he was sleeping with all the women I would probably really start to question some stuff but he claims that never happened.

Anyhow I think the disconnect with the show is that while the lead is "dating" people they're also concurrently trying to be "serious" with people. Where in real life we would date a bunch of people step into serious with one (instead of 4) and then step to a proposal and what not. It's more how the show is designed but I don't think he'd be doing that in real life. But I don't know him other than his edit on the show.

FORT Regular

True, but in this case, it is serious with at least one of them and yet he gets to continue smooch the others right up until the day he may proposes marriage. It's what makes this show so weird in general. So him saying that just gave me (personally) a big "don't hold yourself in such high regard" reaction.

Yeah, to the above basically.

Quote Originally Posted by cakewalker View Post
    True, but in this case, it is serious with at least one of them and yet he gets to continue smooch the others right up until the day he may proposes marriage. It's what makes this show so weird in general. So him saying that just gave me (personally) a big "don't hold yourself in such high regard" reaction.
    I manage to make this work for me in realizing this is not a real proposal. This is stunt for TV. After the show ends these folks go back to the normal step of usually monogamous, serious relationship pre-real proposal. I never ever deluded myself into thinking this was a genuine proposal but it's better to see that on TV than a lets date seriously talk on TV.