Page 18 of 200 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis 2.0

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4195060;
    What struck me with the edit last night is how LOUD they played the music. At times I had a hard time hearing the spoken words. Did they think dramatic music would cover up the dull parts?

I think the edit is right on track for this time in the show. Last week Chantal was elevated, this week Emily is elevated. They have now shown two viable F1 candidates. Next week will start the downward arc for one of them while the other will continue an upward climb. Each woman has her own story as it relates to Brad, so there will be a few bumps and hurdles for each of them. The start of the downward arc for the F2 may only be noticed in hindsight as both will continue to interact with Brad until the FRC; but it will begin this next week.
    Well, bless her heart if it is Emily that is the F2 as spoiled who is going to start the downward spiral because it was only this week that she started the upward spiral.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by IDLEMESS;4195045;
    Not to compare myself to these people on tv, but I know when I dated my love - I was so nervous and anxious in my body language, but I have to say that all I thought about was jumping his bones. Being a lady, I of course did not do it. But boy did I wish, did I wish.

Sometimes, the awkwardness, being tense and worry are natural body chemistry and behavior- does not mean there is nothing. Sometimes, the loosey, goosey behavior is also a sign of comfort where there is no committed obligation and the body is in relax mode.

Its all relative and can apply to anyone. Everyone have they own way of behaving around people. It relativity.
    This something I have said. When you really likes someone, you're nervous. If you have no romantic interest in them, you're not nervous, you more comfortable because you don't care to impress them.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4195112;
    This something I have said. When you really likes someone, you're nervous. If you have no romantic interest in them, you're not nervous, you more comfortable because you don't care to impress them.
    Brad has a romantic interest in all of the bachelorettes during their time on the show. I think the problem with Emily is that they're at such an early level in comparison to some of the others. He's nervous like you are when you're first dating someone. That's gone by the time you become more familiar with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4195060;
    What struck me with the edit last night is how LOUD they played the music. At times I had a hard time hearing the spoken words. Did they think dramatic music would cover up the dull parts?

I think the edit is right on track for this time in the show. Last week Chantal was elevated, this week Emily is elevated. They have now shown two viable F1 candidates. Next week will start the downward arc for one of them while the other will continue an upward climb. Each woman has her own story as it relates to Brad, so there will be a few bumps and hurdles for each of them. The start of the downward arc for the F2 may only be noticed in hindsight as both will continue to interact with Brad until the FRC; but it will begin this next week.
    They finally introduced enough doubt into Chantal’s storyline to justify her being in the F2 if not the F1.

At the RC, they laid Brad’s words “unsure of” over Chantal’s face when he was talking about his final women. They also showed her face when he said “adding to my family.”

However, if we go with Alanna’s theory that Michelle and Chantal are two sides of the same coin, then this line sounds ominous: “I was very confident in saying goodbye to Michelle. I had an intense physical attraction to Michelle, but that would have worn off. Her intensity and the way we kept butting heads, that would have led to a volatile relationship eventually.”

Needless to say, Chantal is in a good place storyline-wise for next week’s HTD. She can only go back up.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4195142;
    They finally introduced enough doubt into Chantal’s storyline to justify her being in the F2 if not the F1.

At the RC, they laid Brad’s words “unsure of” over Chantal’s face when he was talking about his final women. They also showed her face when he said “adding to my family.”

However, if we go with Alanna’s theory that Michelle and Chantal are two sides of the same coin, then this line sounds ominous: “I was very confident in saying goodbye to Michelle. I had an intense physical attraction to Michelle, but that would have worn off. Her intensity and the way we kept butting heads, that would have led to a volatile relationship eventually.”

Needless to say, Chantal is in a good place storyline-wise for next week’s HTD. She can only go back up.
    It's interesting you bring this up because I really think the crazy one is the just the F1 but more intense. And they even took care of that last night for Chantal- she and Michelle are the "same" in terms of "aggression", putting him in his place and what have you, but Brad thinks Michelle is "too much" while Chantal is "just right." He told them both as much on the group date.

It's the same way Kasey's singing made Ali think it was all a joke while she told her parents that when Roberto did it, she felt safe and calm.

Or the way Jillian realized Wes had a "girlfriend" and got dumped because of it, but Ed "persevered" and came back for her despite having 17 girlfriends. At least that's what their talk at the F3 RC sounded like.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

According to Arielflies theory, it looks like Bremily takes a nosedive during next week's date. Before we head to the resolution of Brad's "conflict," let's look at Bremily's edit to this point. NOTE: This post is focused on the edited sequences/interactions between these two "characters," so I'm disregarding the spoilers at the moment.

In episode 2, at the RC, Brad told Emily that he would be patient. In every single episode since then, Brad has been shown to seek Emily out for special attention. He’s been shown to want to understand what she’s thinking and feeling--he asks her questions about it. He’s been shown to reassure her when she keeps telling him “I’m scared.” She's been shown to also ask him his feelings/thoughts. During the Ricki-decision, Emily unites them and says, "What are WE going to do?"

Unlike the women of his past, he is not abandoning her or their emotional connection. She asked him for help last episode, and he is giving it to her. He keeps making her feel special, a sticking point with many of the other women.

There are two PIs to notice:
    Emily's PI: At the end of her date, after she says that Brad essentially makes her feel safe, Emily is actually shown saying these words: “I’m gonna do my best to remember this feeling and stick with it, cuz it’s good.” Her face is glowing.

Brad-the-Rule-Breaker's PI: Against protocol, Brad tells Emily that she’ll get a rose at the RC. He is shown to break this rule out of his concern for her. She’s worried, and he doesn’t want her to worry. He wants her to feel secure. In his PI, with great conviction, we see him say, “I don’t care about the rules; I care about Emily.”

We also hear Brad mention Emily during his Shawntel date: “My date with Emily last night was so perfect and we connected on such a deep level.”

One final note from their date:
    Sun and moon: We hear Emily say to Brad, “Coming into this, I said the only way that this would work out was if the sun and the moon happen at the same time.

The day part of their date ends with them hugging, looking over the ocean, and Brad says, “I don’t want to leave.”

At the end of their date, at night, Brad and Emily once again are found embracing, looking over the ocean. Brad says again, “Now I really don’t want to leave.” And this time, Emily responds, “I know.” Sun and the moon happen at the same time.

I could be chasing rainbows. It could be Reid Redux. It could all change next week with HTDs. It could all be a script, but I’m just practicing reading the edit ☺

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4195164;
    According to Arielflies theory, it looks like Bremily takes a nosedive during next week's date. Before we head to the resolution of Brad's "conflict," let's look at Bremily's edit to this point. NOTE: This post is focused on the edited sequences/interactions between these two "characters," so I'm disregarding the spoilers at the moment.

In episode 2, at the RC, Brad told Emily that he would be patient. In every single episode since then, Brad has been shown to seek Emily out for special attention. He’s been shown to want to understand what she’s thinking and feeling--he asks her questions about it. He’s been shown to reassure her when she keeps telling him “I’m scared.” She's been shown to also ask him his feelings/thoughts. During the Ricki-decision, Emily unites them and says, "What are WE going to do?"

Unlike the women of his past, he is not abandoning her or their emotional connection. She asked him for help last episode, and he is giving it to her. He keeps making her feel special, a sticking point with many of the other women.

There are two PIs to notice:
    Emily's PI: At the end of her date, after she says that Brad essentially makes her feel safe, Emily is actually shown saying these words: “I’m gonna do my best to remember this feeling and stick with it, cuz it’s good.” Her face is glowing.

Brad-the-Rule-Breaker's PI: Against protocol, Brad tells Emily that she’ll get a rose at the RC. He is shown to break this rule out of his concern for her. She’s worried, and he doesn’t want her to worry. He wants her to feel secure. In his PI, with great conviction, we see him say, “I don’t care about the rules; I care about Emily.”

We also hear Brad mention Emily during his Shawntel date: “My date with Emily last night was so perfect and we connected on such a deep level.”

One final note from their date:
    Sun and moon: We hear Emily say to Brad, “Coming into this, I said the only way that this would work out was if the sun and the moon happen at the same time.

The day part of their date ends with them hugging, looking over the ocean, and Brad says, “I don’t want to leave.”

At the end of their date, at night, Brad and Emily once again are found embracing, looking over the ocean. Brad says again, “Now I really don’t want to leave.” And this time, Emily responds, “I know.” Sun and the moon happen at the same time.

I could be chasing rainbows. It could be Reid Redux. It could all change next week with HTDs. It could all be a script, but I’m just practicing reading the edit ☺
    Very interesting read and some great points that can not be ignored, especially after Brad commenting you will see a love story unfold this episode..

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4195164;
    [snip]
    Probably but I really indulged last year with the rainbows so I get the feeling

But if your spec is right, then maybe Bremily would be better off because apparently he makes Emily feel safe while Chantal feels like an utter mess with him. I'm not buying it but it's a nice thought nonetheless.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4195172;
    Probably but I really indulged last year with the rainbows so I get the feeling

But if your spec is right, then maybe Bremily would be better off because apparently he makes Emily feel safe while Chantal feels like an utter mess with him. I'm not buying it but it's a nice thought nonetheless.
    I think that a diet of rainbows is occasionally necessary. Apparently, Tenley feels the same way.

By the edit, yep, he does disregard Chantal. Why the heck would he not give her the rose on that group date? It would have made her feel special (which we've heard her discuss in the past) and affirmed her that he returns her feelings after she noticed him being distant.
    Last edited by veg_out; 02-15-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4195176;
    I think that a diet of rainbows is occasionally necessary. Apparently, Tenley feels the same way.

By the edit, yep, he does disregard Chantal. Why the heck would he not give her the rose on that group date?
    The only thing I could think of is that it was producer driven to start the water works. Great tv... crash and burn... and all the good stuff